Start by marking “Dumping Princes (Calypso Chronicles, #4)” as Want to Read:
Dumping Princes (Calypso Chronicles, #4)

Dumping Princes (Calypso Chronicles #4)

“Funny exposé of It-girl school life.” ELLE GIRL UK

“A deliciously naughty insider’s guide to the sensational secret life of Britain & Europe’s royal teens from the midnight feasts, incredibly close friendships & romances to the tabloid escapades and code language - thank goodness there is a dictionary of posh teen slang included.” BOOK CHIT CHAT

“A right royal read”
Published October 3rd 2006 by Bloomsbury USA Children's Books (first published September 29th 2006)

Irene
Aug 23, 2009 Irene added it
Shelves: others-9-11
Dumping Princes by Tyne O’ Connell is the fourth book in the amazing Calypso chronicles. Just like Pulling Princes, Stealing Princes, and Dueling Princes; Dumping Princes revolves around Calypso and her friends going through yet another adventurous school year. What was suppose to be the best school year since Calypso arrived to St. Augustine’s School for Ladies might actually turn out to be the worst. As if having an upcoming international fencing competition wasn’t already pressure enough, sud ...more
Tyne O'Connell
Feb 25, 2014 Tyne O'Connell rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: young adults, gossip girl lovers, royal lovers
Shelves: wrote, site-widget
A peep through the key hole of Britain's Elite boarding schools - Based on St Mary’s Ascot where many European royals attend, & Eton College where both Prince Harry & William were educated. These books are like being let in on the sensational secret life of Britain’s aristocracy.

After four years as the school misfit, Calypso Kelly has finally thrown off her label of American Freak and joined the in-crowd: the daughters and sons of British and Europe’s Royals & Rock Stars. In a mad w
Jen
Mar 11, 2009 Jen rated it did not like it
This was the 4th book to the Calypso series and truthfully I think the other books in the series were WAY better than this one. I hated the ending! read this book and you'll see why, or just read the title, you can guess pretty easily. Hopefully Tyne O'connel will make a 5th to the series. I was really confused at the end cuz I have NO IDEA what Calypso is gonna do and if things will remain the way they are!
Liz
Dec 18, 2008 Liz rated it it was amazing
I WANT THE NEXT BOOK TO COME OUT!!!!!NOW
Erin
Nov 10, 2008 Erin rated it really liked it
I laughed my pants off the entire time. I think one of my favorite lines is "...He could run one of those kissing booths at county fairs when he grew up and positively rake in the cash. Though I don't suppose parents send their sons to the most prestigious boarding school in the world to have them setting up kissing booths."

I wasn't too impressed with the other's in the series (though I think each one gets better than the last). But this one is simply fabulous. Very funny.

One thing I love about
Cara
Aug 29, 2011 Cara rated it it was amazing
The title of the book should be a dead give away as to what happens, but I was still hoping that Freds and Calypso might end up together after all. I guess the thing I found odd was that such a relationship developed between Calypso and Malcolm, that I almost totally forgot about Freds. I don't know about anyone else, but that was a big surprise to me! Good series though, and it ended on a decent enough note.
 Taylor
Oct 19, 2008 Taylor rated it it was amazing
It's so funny I love it so much. This reader thinks this book is a to read. if you like dramas, and funny friends, read this book. Boy drama, friend drama, this girl needx help and she still has everything undercontrol.She goes through so much, can you say counter dunp. anf thats all yo uwill get from me.
Tay,
Louisa
Jul 06, 2012 Louisa rated it it was amazing
Oh, another hilarious book, not as funny as Dueling Princes, but pretty darn close! Really enjoyed it, and I'm going to be sad to say goodbye to the characters!
rebecca clark
May 11, 2008 rebecca clark rated it really liked it
Shelves: yf
This is probably my favorite of the entire series. No one _would_ dare look in a nun's sleeve!
Greis
The beginning of the book was okay, it wasn't the best thing out there but it wasn't downright horrible either. My main problem was Calypso and the fact that she has the maturity of a five-year-old.

I mean, honestly. At first it was kind of amusing but pretty soon it was just downright annoying and I was just hoping that Calypso would mature just a little bit. Sure, Calypso was acting like some teenage girls do and being all in love with Freddie.

The fact that she obsessed over Freddie was one of
Inge
Dec 02, 2016 Inge rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
It started like the other books, very predictable. Still it stays very easy to read and just funny.
I really like the fact that she thinks she isn't shallow at all and then she reflects and knows she is shallow. Like the real character of a snobby teenager. Who really wants to fit in more then anything else and are easily persuaded into thinking they are doing the right thing. She feels a lot of peer pressure through all of the books and she lets it cloud her judgement most of the times. In the
Nicole
Sep 23, 2013 Nicole rated it it was ok
It is totally my fault for not liking this book. I can't say I didn't like it. It was okay, it was just too young for me. Which sounds a bit funny because I love reading teen and young adult novels. They tend to not be as embarrassingly graphic. However, this book was about a crazy 16 year old. It's weird to side more with the parents than with the heroine of the book. I guess that means I'm officially old. I think what made this too "young" for me was the vocabulary. If I had to hear the word " ...more
Clarabel
Dernier tome d'une petite série sympathique et légère comme une bulle. Cela démarre sur les chapeaux de roue, avec un weekend en Ecosse, qui ne portera pas ses fruits, puisqu'une rupture sans élégance suivra quelque temps après. Nouvelles cartes à distribuer, entrée en lice d'un nouveau prétendant plus craquant, et d'autres petites aventures complètement loufoques. De bonnes scènes, donc, et un humour anglais servi à tous les étages, avec une galerie de personnages tous plus excentriques et déja ...more
Rebecca
In Dumpling princess by Tyne o' connell is about a girl who's parents are acting like she is marrying a boy when she is only fifteen and dating. Also her best friend star thinks her boyfriend is "arrogant, boring, and unworthy". Also she dumped kev who was her boyfriend's best friend. What is she do now, fred's parents think she was "sickly and sniffy" he later dumps her and she wants to get revenge to get back at him. Later fred writes a letter to her and says sorry, calypso cried and knew her ...more
Melissa Carpenter
Jun 26, 2012 Melissa Carpenter rated it liked it
Titi A
Apr 06, 2016 Titi A rated it it was amazing
Dumping Princes by Tyne O'Connell is part of one of my favorite book series that I have reread multiple times. The main character, Calypso, is a student at an all girls private school in London. This entire series doesn't really offer any particularly new concepts for many readers, yet the way the author narrates Calypso's struggle to fit in, find love, and stay sane in the midst of family issues, in an extremely interesting way. This is one of those books that are humorous, witty, romantic, rea ...more
Mavra
Jun 02, 2009 Mavra rated it did not like it
Shelves: girly
I just picked up this book at the library randomly and I HATED it. The plot was lame, and the view point was from a boy crazy teenager.I realize that I read it out of order, but I understood everything that was going on, the author did a good job on briefing what had happened in the past books. The vocabulary level was low, and had a lot of basic French words in it. (like oh la la, jolie and tres belle/chic) I just found this novel pretty boring and shallow.
Book Chat
Feb 15, 2014 Book Chat rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teenage Girls, readers of gossip girl
Shelves: teen-rom-coms
Last (so far) in the Princes books from Tyne O'Connell. Hilarious antiques at a an all girls British boarding school where Calypso Kelly gets to date Prince Freddie, heir to the British throne.

Full of funny scenes, lots of romantic intrigue, anti-girlfriends, nuns, posh toffs, royals, body guards, and rockstars. Brilliant.
Romie
Nov 23, 2012 Romie rated it liked it

I like the 3 first books but this one, not so much. The ending was idk looks she's still got to figure things out, like it's not really an end. I think the plot was shallow, I really didn't get the prince's behaviour sometimes. The only thing I found positive about this book was Star's lines. She totally cracked me up, if she wasn't there I'd prolly not read the book til the end.
Annie
Jun 24, 2012 Annie rated it liked it
Jules
Jan 12, 2012 Jules rated it really liked it
Infuriatingly good ending to the series, and though it made me question my sanity with such attachment to the characters, I do have to say O'Connell couldn't have ended such a brilliant series any other way.
Cara
May 13, 2009 Cara rated it really liked it
This was the final book in the Calypso Chronicles by Tyne O'Connell. I thought it was a good book, but not the best. At times I found it kind of boring and I felt the need to skip pages. But, it had a good plot after all.
Stephanie
Oct 29, 2010 Stephanie rated it really liked it
XxForeverXx_XxVampire_DiariezxxLuvsSHERLOCKandSUPERNATURAL
The second part in the double feature book A Royal Mess. It was really good!!! Want more Calypso Kelly!!!
Elizabeth
Jul 25, 2013 Elizabeth rated it it was ok
Shelves: library-books
It was just too juvenile, even for a young adult book. The language seemed to regress in this book from the earlier books in the series.
Stevie Fill
Jun 28, 2008 Stevie Fill rated it really liked it
I love this book ecause it s a classic example of a feel-good teen comedy romance that makes you want to read on.
Viviana
Feb 11, 2008 Viviana rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people who like series
Shelves: 2008
It was a nice way to spend an afternoon. I guess this is the last book of the series and I haven't read the other ones before it. But I thought it was funny. A little over dramatic with the fainting.
Kelley
Jul 24, 2011 Kelley rated it really liked it
While it's not as good as its companions, it is still an enjoyable read and a wonderful end to the series!
Carly
May 31, 2011 Carly rated it liked it
Best one of the series. Calypso actually uses her brain a little this time. Not always, and not a lot, but at least you know she has one.
Epiphani
Epiphani rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2016
  • Extreme Kissing
  • Goy Crazy
  • Confessions of a First Daughter (First Daughter, #1)
  • Confessions of a Not It Girl
  • So Super Stylish (Octavia Clairbrook-Cleeve, #2)
  • Pop Princess
  • A Midsummer Tights Dream (The Misadventures of Tallulah Casey, #2)
  • In or Out (In or Out, #1)
  • The Secrets of Peaches (Peaches, #2)
  • Finding Destiny (Destiny, #1)
  • Missed Periods and Other Grammar Scares: How to Avoid Unplanned and Unwanted Grammar Errors
  • Green Smoke
  • The Royal Treatment (Princess for Hire, #2)
  • Shockwave (The Tarot Series, #1)
  • Heartsinger
  • Mirror Dreams
  • Life as It Comes
  • A Sarah Dessen e-book Sampler
Tyne O’Connell is a bestselling British author. Her 13 novels have been published to great acclaim by Headline UK, Bloomsbury USA & other international publishing houses.

Her extraordinary life has been featured in TV documentaries & feature-spreads in Vogue UK, Elle and most UK broadsheets. Cassandra Jardine in The Daily Telegraph UK, hailed Tyne as "A modern day Elinor Glyn - the origina
More about Tyne O'Connell...

Calypso Chronicles (4 books)
  • Pulling Princes
  • Stealing Princes
  • Duelling Princes

“All I had to say to anyone that doubted our love was, "Eat your knickers!".” 10 likes