Start by marking “Dumping Princes (Calypso Chronicles, #4)” as Want to Read:
Dumping Princes (Calypso Chronicles, #4)

Dumping Princes (Calypso Chronicles #4)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  427 ratings  ·  37 reviews
“Funny exposé of It-girl school life.” ELLE GIRL UK

“A deliciously naughty insider’s guide to the sensational secret life of Britain & Europe’s royal teens from the midnight feasts, incredibly close friendships & romances to the tabloid escapades and code language - thank goodness there is a dictionary of posh teen slang included.” BOOK CHIT CHAT

“A right royal read”
Published September 29th 2006 by Bloomsbury Publishing PLC

To ask other readers questions about Dumping Princes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dumping Princes

The Princess Diaries by Meg CabotRomeo and Juliet by William ShakespeareThe Luxe by Anna GodbersenPerfect by Sara ShepardThe Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
In the Pink
148th out of 1,033 books — 353 voters
Divergent by Veronica RothThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingInsurgent by Veronica RothHarry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
Best Young Adult Fiction/Dystopian Novels Ever
62nd out of 122 books — 41 voters

More lists with this book...

Irene
Aug 23, 2009 Irene added it
Shelves: others-9-11
Dumping Princes by Tyne O’ Connell is the fourth book in the amazing Calypso chronicles. Just like Pulling Princes, Stealing Princes, and Dueling Princes; Dumping Princes revolves around Calypso and her friends going through yet another adventurous school year. What was suppose to be the best school year since Calypso arrived to St. Augustine’s School for Ladies might actually turn out to be the worst. As if having an upcoming international fencing competition wasn’t already pressure enough, sud ...more
Jen
This was the 4th book to the Calypso series and truthfully I think the other books in the series were WAY better than this one. I hated the ending! read this book and you'll see why, or just read the title, you can guess pretty easily. Hopefully Tyne O'connel will make a 5th to the series. I was really confused at the end cuz I have NO IDEA what Calypso is gonna do and if things will remain the way they are!
Liz
I WANT THE NEXT BOOK TO COME OUT!!!!!NOW
Tyne O'Connell
Feb 25, 2014 Tyne O'Connell rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: young adults, gossip girl lovers, royal lovers
Shelves: wrote, site-widget
A peep through the key hole of Britain's Elite boarding schools - Based on St Mary’s Ascot where many European royals attend, & Eton College where both Prince Harry & William were educated. These books are like being let in on the sensational secret life of Britain’s aristocracy.

After four years as the school misfit, Calypso Kelly has finally thrown off her label of American Freak and joined the in-crowd: the daughters and sons of British and Europe’s Royals & Rock Stars. In a mad w
Erin
I laughed my pants off the entire time. I think one of my favorite lines is "...He could run one of those kissing booths at county fairs when he grew up and positively rake in the cash. Though I don't suppose parents send their sons to the most prestigious boarding school in the world to have them setting up kissing booths."

I wasn't too impressed with the other's in the series (though I think each one gets better than the last). But this one is simply fabulous. Very funny.

One thing I love about
Cara
The title of the book should be a dead give away as to what happens, but I was still hoping that Freds and Calypso might end up together after all. I guess the thing I found odd was that such a relationship developed between Calypso and Malcolm, that I almost totally forgot about Freds. I don't know about anyone else, but that was a big surprise to me! Good series though, and it ended on a decent enough note.
 Taylor
It's so funny I love it so much. This reader thinks this book is a to read. if you like dramas, and funny friends, read this book. Boy drama, friend drama, this girl needx help and she still has everything undercontrol.She goes through so much, can you say counter dunp. anf thats all yo uwill get from me.
Tay,
Louisa
Oh, another hilarious book, not as funny as Dueling Princes, but pretty darn close! Really enjoyed it, and I'm going to be sad to say goodbye to the characters!
rebecca clark
This is probably my favorite of the entire series. No one _would_ dare look in a nun's sleeve!
Greis
The beginning of the book was okay, it wasn't the best thing out there but it wasn't downright horrible either. My main problem was Calypso and the fact that she has the maturity of a five-year-old.

I mean, honestly. At first it was kind of amusing but pretty soon it was just downright annoying and I was just hoping that Calypso would mature just a little bit. Sure, Calypso was acting like some teenage girls do and being all in love with Freddie.

The fact that she obsessed over Freddie was one of
Nicole
It is totally my fault for not liking this book. I can't say I didn't like it. It was okay, it was just too young for me. Which sounds a bit funny because I love reading teen and young adult novels. They tend to not be as embarrassingly graphic. However, this book was about a crazy 16 year old. It's weird to side more with the parents than with the heroine of the book. I guess that means I'm officially old. I think what made this too "young" for me was the vocabulary. If I had to hear the word " ...more
Book Chat
Feb 15, 2014 Book Chat rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teenage Girls, readers of gossip girl
Shelves: teen-rom-coms
Last (so far) in the Princes books from Tyne O'Connell. Hilarious antiques at a an all girls British boarding school where Calypso Kelly gets to date Prince Freddie, heir to the British throne.

Full of funny scenes, lots of romantic intrigue, anti-girlfriends, nuns, posh toffs, royals, body guards, and rockstars. Brilliant.
Rebecca
In Dumpling princess by Tyne o' connell is about a girl who's parents are acting like she is marrying a boy when she is only fifteen and dating. Also her best friend star thinks her boyfriend is "arrogant, boring, and unworthy". Also she dumped kev who was her boyfriend's best friend. What is she do now, fred's parents think she was "sickly and sniffy" he later dumps her and she wants to get revenge to get back at him. Later fred writes a letter to her and says sorry, calypso cried and knew her ...more
Melissa Carpenter
Clarabel
Dernier tome d'une petite série sympathique et légère comme une bulle. Cela démarre sur les chapeaux de roue, avec un weekend en Ecosse, qui ne portera pas ses fruits, puisqu'une rupture sans élégance suivra quelque temps après. Nouvelles cartes à distribuer, entrée en lice d'un nouveau prétendant plus craquant, et d'autres petites aventures complètement loufoques. De bonnes scènes, donc, et un humour anglais servi à tous les étages, avec une galerie de personnages tous plus excentriques et déja ...more
Mavra
Jun 02, 2009 Mavra rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: girly
I just picked up this book at the library randomly and I HATED it. The plot was lame, and the view point was from a boy crazy teenager.I realize that I read it out of order, but I understood everything that was going on, the author did a good job on briefing what had happened in the past books. The vocabulary level was low, and had a lot of basic French words in it. (like oh la la, jolie and tres belle/chic) I just found this novel pretty boring and shallow.
Romie

I like the 3 first books but this one, not so much. The ending was idk looks she's still got to figure things out, like it's not really an end. I think the plot was shallow, I really didn't get the prince's behaviour sometimes. The only thing I found positive about this book was Star's lines. She totally cracked me up, if she wasn't there I'd prolly not read the book til the end.
Annie
Cara
This was the final book in the Calypso Chronicles by Tyne O'Connell. I thought it was a good book, but not the best. At times I found it kind of boring and I felt the need to skip pages. But, it had a good plot after all.
Steph
Jules
Infuriatingly good ending to the series, and though it made me question my sanity with such attachment to the characters, I do have to say O'Connell couldn't have ended such a brilliant series any other way.
Viviana
Feb 11, 2008 Viviana rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who like series
Shelves: 2008
It was a nice way to spend an afternoon. I guess this is the last book of the series and I haven't read the other ones before it. But I thought it was funny. A little over dramatic with the fainting.
Carly
Best one of the series. Calypso actually uses her brain a little this time. Not always, and not a lot, but at least you know she has one.
Elizabeth
It was just too juvenile, even for a young adult book. The language seemed to regress in this book from the earlier books in the series.
Stevie Fill
I love this book ecause it s a classic example of a feel-good teen comedy romance that makes you want to read on.
Kelley
While it's not as good as its companions, it is still an enjoyable read and a wonderful end to the series!
XxForeverXx_XxVampire_DiariezxxLuvsSHERLOCKandSUPERNATURAL
The second part in the double feature book A Royal Mess. It was really good!!! Want more Calypso Kelly!!!
Alicia
This might be my favorite of all the books. I really liked how the storyline was setup.
Nina
It was a fun book, pretty short. Hard to get into at first but then couldnt put it down.
Veronica Widya
You can instantly know the ending by read the title.
aweful! *sorry
  • Extreme Kissing
  • Confessions of a Not It Girl
  • Goy Crazy
  • Confessions of a First Daughter (First Daughter, #1)
  • Pop Princess
  • So Super Stylish (Octavia Clairbrook-Cleeve, #2)
  • A Sarah Dessen e-book Sampler
  • Mirror Dreams
  • PSYREN-サイレン- 11
  • The Royal Treatment (Princess for Hire, #2)
  • Nabari No Ou, Vol. 5
  • Falling for Romeo
  • The Secrets of Peaches (Peaches, #2)
  • Jane Austen Goes to Hollywood
  • Cahill Files Bindup (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #2-4)
  • The Princess & the Pauper
  • Revelation (Ther Melian, #1)
  • Arata: The Legend, Vol. 07 (Arata: The Legend, #7)
Tyne O’Connell is a bestselling British author. Her 13 novels have been published to great acclaim by Headline UK, Bloomsbury USA & other international publishing houses.

Her extraordinary life has been featured in TV documentaries & feature-spreads in Vogue UK, Elle and most UK broadsheets. Cassandra Jardine in The Daily Telegraph UK, hailed Tyne as "A modern day Elinor Glyn - the origina
More about Tyne O'Connell...
Pulling Princes Stealing Princes A Royal Match Duelling Princes Magic & Mayhem on the Nile

“All I had to say to anyone that doubted our love was, "Eat your knickers!".” 10 likes