Start by marking “Stealing Princes (Calypso Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Stealing Princes (Calypso Chronicles, #2)

Stealing Princes (Calypso Chronicles #2)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  768 ratings  ·  46 reviews
“Funny exposé of It-girl school life.” ELLE GIRL UK

“Budding Anglophiles ….will soak up the flood of upper-class British culture in this book.” WASHINGTON COUNTY LIBRARY

“A Right Royal Read!” MAYFAIR TIMES

“If you have ever wondered what really goes on behind the locked gates of the ancient British Boarding Schools, this series holds the key.” @BookChitChat

©American Librar
Published April 18th 2006 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Stealing Princes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stealing Princes

Dork Diaries by Rachel Renée RussellDouble Dork Diaries by Rachel Renée RussellDork Diaries by Rachel Renée RussellThe Dork Diaries Collection by Rachel Renée RussellTales from a Not-So-Smart Miss Know-It-All by Rachel Renée Russell
7th grade
102nd out of 137 books — 61 voters
Eragon by Christopher PaoliniThe Selection by Kiera CassThe Fault in Our Stars by John GreenMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsDivergent by Veronica Roth
Stunning Blue YA Covers
182nd out of 252 books — 30 voters

More lists with this book...

Yola NY
Cherry
In this book, a character want to reflect on is Calypso. She is having a text-flirtation with two really cool, handsome boys. One is really rich and the other is royalty. The La Fiesta ball is coming up but she doesn't know who she's going with. And even worse, she rooming with one of the meanest, most stuck-uppest, richest, psycho girls on school. Well, she's also rooming with a very aloof-demeanour girl, whose mother died over the vacation. She becomes friends with her until she gets the weird ...more
Emma
A brill 2nd book in the seris of the Calypso Chronicles!!!

When Calypso is placed in a dorm room with It-Girl Miss Honey O'Hare, she reckons this year is gonna be a nightmare. And to be honest with you, shes not far wrong.

But also in her dorm room is Lady Portia Herrington Briggs, her fencing companion. But when boys complicate thier new found friendship, its not good. And when an invitation to the Euro-Royal Bash dosn't turn up, Calypso's sure her and Freddie's relationship is over.

But maybe
Cara
Not as good as the first book in the series, Pulling Princes, but Stealing Princes is still really cute. I felt there was a little too much recap at the beginning of the book, but towards the end I could not stop reading! During some of the book I was a little afraid of the direction Calypso's character was going, but she straightened herself up eventually! And it seems as if Calypso finally has her prince, but we'll just have to see what book three has in store!
Mariana116
This was an important part of my 'teenhood' and I really loved it, I never got to read the next ones because they haven't translated nor have the english version so I'm left with pdf, which I'm not a big fan of so I guess I'll just have to wait.
The characters were witty and funny, also age apropriate, and I tought it had a feel of 'Wild Child', which I saw after reading the books and found some similarities.
Katie Francis
I recommend this book if you want a light read, full of teenage problems and humour. Although not meant to be serious, this series does tackles issues such as bulimia and teen drinking. The boarding school setting is fresh and interesting compared to most books, and actually quite realistic. Give it a go!
Grace Lauren
This was actually totally different from the first book, and I actually liked it much better! There was definitely a lot more drama in this one, and the plot was just more intricate in full. Again, kind of a beach read, but I liked it nonetheless.
Jessica
Really cute. The ending was great, although there was still some tension between Calypso and Portia at the end. I'm glad she ended up with who she ended up with at the end. Like I said, overall it was a really cute story.
Louisa
I really enjoyed this book, Calypso was a fun character, and I just liked all the funny things that happened!
Steph
I <3 IT! FREDS IS AMAZING! I DETEST Honey though. <3 it! starting the third one!
Clarabel
Ce deuxième tome est toujours drôle et pétillant, mais il est aussi extrêmement agaçant du fait de la personnalité puérile de Calypso. Son absence de jugeote rend la plupart de ses attitudes lamentable. C'en est même gênant ! Et je tiens à rappeler que, finalement, la romance royale entre Calypso et le prince ne sert que de fil rouge ténu tant le garçon est peu présent (bon, ok, son personnage n'est pas extraordinaire et encore moins crédible, et j'aime bien Billy dont on cherche à se débarrasse ...more
Astri
Wew.. baca ini bikin greget banget sama Calypso... ga kaya buku pertamanya yang bikin kasian dan suka sama calypso. Disini Calypso sekamar dengan honey O'Hare temen asramanya yang sangat membencinya dan selalu ngebullynya. Namun lama-kelamaan Calypso jd kaya si Honey perlakuannya... belum lagi Calypso yang flirting sm dua cowo sekaligus yaitu Pangeran Freddy dan Billy. Calypso menerima akibatnya s3ndiri akan kelakuannya...
Loribeth Hossein
I enjoyed reading this one and Tyne has become my favorite author in no time. Started this last last week, lost touch in between but I picked it up again earlier today and finished it in a go. I really I were Calypso, and I had hunky boys around me. Every girl who had an awesome teenage years in boarding would love this, those who did not will get a piece of it in this book.
Fanny Roswita Ria
masih dengan kehidupan Callypso Kelly yang disemester ini harus sekamar dengan Honey O' Harey, musuh bebunyutan dan Portia yang juga 1 tim di klub anggar. Callypso harus menahan cemburu karena sekarang Star 1 kamar dengan Georgina dan Indiamaca atau yang dipanggil Indie, putri dari nigeria serta murid baru di sekolahnya. Terlebih lagi Star yang menyatakan keluar dari klub anggar dan ingin fokus dengan musiknya bersama-sama Indie.

Callypso menjadi korban kejahatan Honey yang menyembunyikan sim car
More like 3 1/2 (I liked the first one better) because, although still funny, very similar to first book.
Shosho
The plot was thin, and I didn't care for the way it was written.
And also, I didn't like how the name of the token black girl in the book (Indiamaca) was an anglicised version of the common igbo name Ndidiamaka. This was laziness on the authors part. If I was an Igbo woman making a novel with a token white girl called Natasha I don't think I'd call her N'Tasha to suit the syntax of the local demographic.
But I guess this kind of thing sells and the writer has to eat so...
Ms. Patterson
I have read the first book in this series, but it's been a while. It didn't take me too long to get back into the story. Calypso, an American girl, goes to an all-girl's Catholic school in England. It's your typical story filled with girl drama. You have the mean girls, the cute boys, the bff's, the jealousies, the arguments, and so forth. It all works out in the end. Not a bad story, but definitely not memorable. C- rating.
Jenny
Calypso is back for another term at St. Augustine's, and this time she is rooming with her archenemy Honey, instead of with her friends Star and Georgina. She can't choose which boy to text, Prince Freddie or older boy Billy, and her friends seem to have a new best friend, Indre, so Calypso is left jealous and alone. What's a girl to do?
Colette
Stealing Princes was a disappointment. I didn't enjoy the main character, she came across even more shallow and selfish than the first book, as did her friends. I was expecting humor, yet there wasn't any comedy and the plot mostly consisted of the main character whining. I wouldn't recommend this series.
Ferial Hameurlaine
less good but still fun though, the last pages were so cute :D
Joana (The Boundless Book List)
Seriously so disappointed. This had great ideas and could have been a really good book, but I just don't think it was executed properly. And honestly if someone asked me what this was about I couldn't even answer, it was so confusing.
Kelley
This is a very good, don't want to put it down read. I think every teenage girl has had most of the same problems in this book, and every girl can relate to it on one level or another.
Erin
In the first book, Calypso's whining was endearing. This time she wore on my nerves. I just wanted to smack her. But I will read the next ones. They are laugh out loud funny at times.
Sophie Adams
This book fits inside of A Royal Match along with Pulling Princes. See that review.
Annie
I'm grading this book down because Calypso did some things that annoyed me - I expected better of her. However, everything's set right in the end, so how can I not enjoy it?
Brooke
meh. the first was better, though it wasn't terrible. It took a while to read.... I kinda felt like I wasted my time. Not terrible, but not great.
Alyssa
Kind of embarrassed to say I read this. Just wanted a girly read and so I picked this up. Nothing that great, nice light and fluffy :-)
Kadie D♥
*Partly read*

It was an funny read, but I did not liked it that much. I didn't read all the parts of the book, maybe I will later on.
Mackenzie
I liked the first book better, but this one was still fantastic. Calypso was much less likable, but the plot was more sophisticated.
Veronica Widya
this book is much better than the fist one!!!
i won't tell, u must read it by yourself! ^^
  • Extreme Kissing
  • The Write Stuff (Love Letters, #3)
  • Apocalypse Moon (The Joshua Files, #5)
  • Wajah Baru Nikolas
  • Confessions of a First Daughter (First Daughter, #1)
  • Being 17
  • Pop Princess
  • Tessa in Love
  • Lizzie McGuire: The Orchids and Gumbo Poker Club
  • Sophie Pitt-Turnbull Discovers America
  • Tell It to Naomi
  • Aries Rising  (Star Crossed, #1)
  • The Royal Treatment (Princess for Hire, #2)
  • The Taming Of The Dru (Emily, #4)
  • Falling for Romeo
  • Confessions of a Not It Girl
  • My Friends, My Dreams
  • So Super Stylish (Octavia Clairbrook-Cleeve, #2)
Tyne O’Connell is a bestselling British author. Her 13 novels have been published to great acclaim by Headline UK, Bloomsbury USA & other international publishing houses.

Her extraordinary life has been featured in TV documentaries & feature-spreads in Vogue UK, Elle and most UK broadsheets. Cassandra Jardine in The Daily Telegraph UK, hailed Tyne as "A modern day Elinor Glyn - the origina
More about Tyne O'Connell...

Calypso Chronicles (4 books)
  • Pulling Princes
  • Duelling Princes
  • Dumping Princes
Pulling Princes A Royal Match Duelling Princes Dumping Princes Magic & Mayhem on the Nile