Start by marking “The Raw 50: 10 Amazing Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, Snacks, and Drinks for Your Raw Food Lifestyle” as Want to Read:

Ever since supermodel and actress Carol Alt shared her secret with the world—that she’s become the healthiest, slimmest, and most energetic she’s ever been by converting to a raw food lifestyle—
she’s been getting enthusiastic feedback from people wanting to know more about this revolutionary movement.

In this highly anticipated follow-up to her breakout success, Eating in t
Published July 3rd 2007 by Clarkson Potter

To ask other readers questions about The Raw 50, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Raw 50

Ani's Raw Food Kitchen by Ani PhyoRaw Food Made Easy by Jennifer CornbleetRaw Food/Real World by Matthew KenneyAni's Raw Food Essentials by Ani PhyoGoing Raw by Judita Wignall
Raw Food Recipes
23rd out of 44 books — 28 voters
Slim And Healthy You by Sahara SandersThe Primal Blueprint by Mark SissonWeight Loss Secrets - How to get a slim, energetic, good look... by Lise GottliebEat Move Sleep by Tom RathDry Skin Brushing Survival Guide by Sharon French
Favorite Weight Loss & Diet Books
51st out of 56 books — 50 voters

More lists with this book...

Anne
Oct 14, 2008 Anne rated it liked it
this book's OK, but like lots of raw food cookbooks, the recipes involve lots and lots of work and ingredients that aren't readily available. so I only actually made one thing from it. a weird aspect to the book is that Carol Alt is not a vegan (which the vast majority of raw foods people are). so some of the ingredients she says you are supposed to stock up on include things like "fertile eggs." Yuck.

The food looks like its probably delicious, but I really don't have the time to make the stuff.
Terry Laster
Sep 30, 2008 Terry Laster rated it it was amazing
Great recipe book for those interested in improving their nutrition with raw food. What I like about Carol is that she's not a raw food zealot. She just wants people to improve their diets and gives you some super yummy suggestions on how that can be accomplished.
Sarah Jane
Jun 15, 2009 Sarah Jane rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: raw food beginners
I like really Carol Alt's reasonable approach to the raw food diet. I have no interest in being entirely vegan, which this book is not, and let's face it - if I choose to embark on this diet on a permanent basis, I am going to cheat from time to time. So why not just go with that? Plan your cheating accordingly and choose wisely. Don't overwhelm yourself trying to eat 100% raw and aim for 75% instead. Raw and seared fish and raw dairy are okay and you can still be "raw" without going vegan. I li ...more
Lynn
Aug 07, 2013 Lynn rated it really liked it
I flirt with Raw Food -- in the summer when I get veggies from the CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) it is easy to have lots of wonderful salads or cut veggies. In the winter it is not so thrilling when all I really want is a great crock pot soup.

I have acquaintances who are really into raw food and their enthusiasm and exuberance about the life style switch is just a little frightening, but also a little appealing.

If you are going completely raw or (like me) just adding more raw food to th
Jenni
Sep 19, 2010 Jenni rated it it was ok
Shelves: food-and-drink
I was kind of disappointed that the book has a passing mention of most raw foodists being vegan but doesn't commit to being a vegan cookbook. The shake recipes were kind of pointless, because really, if you can't figure out how to make a smoothie, a cookbook isn't going to help you. I found the recipes for crackers, cookies, and granola super interesting because I've always wondered how to have these things while staying raw. I rated low because there are several recipes I would have to ignore o ...more
Chrissy
Dec 05, 2010 Chrissy rated it it was ok
The Raw 50 had a few interesting bits and pieces that I could see integrating into my diet, but for the most part is just too extreme for the average reader (although, I'm told, for the average "raw foodist" the outlook is really quite lenient, allowing either a vegan or non-vegan alternative). Most recipes require either a dehydrator, juicer, and/or blender and many seem to be a bit costly, all things considered. Also, the author (a former model) just seemed excessively smug.
Pamela
Jan 15, 2013 Pamela rated it it was ok
Not a lot of usable recipes. Who needs smoothie recipes? Really? And the organization of the book by meal makes it hard to find specific types of recipes. How many cracker recipes that need a gazillion hours in the dehydrator, that I do NOT have, do you need in one book??? And why are there no photos? Okay, there were 6 photos in the center of the book -- that is not inspiring. Unimpressed with this book -- don't bother.
hissi
Nov 08, 2011 hissi rated it did not like it
Shelves: my-ebooks, food
i thought i could use this book for fresh new recipes with a healthy twist.. but i was surprised.. most of the recipes required owning a dehydrator, and the dehydration process taking up to 30 hours!
i respect your lifestyle but i don't think i can do it.. i don't think i should
Gyuri Grell
Jun 16, 2009 Gyuri Grell rated it liked it
I found quite a few good recipes in the book. The biggest problem I had with it was how the recipes are laid out: they are grouped as meal plans (appetizer, meal, dessert, drink) which makes it harder to find a dessert if you're looking for one.
Phredric
Feb 23, 2012 Phredric rated it did not like it
Shelves: food
A few interesting recipes but for the most part the recipes are either stupidly simple (lots of smoothies) or too fiddly complicated and long - 6 hours in a dehydrator is typical but one recipe calls for 30 hours. Not for me.
Jen
May 27, 2009 Jen rated it it was amazing
I like Carol's book becauase it seems more "real" than others I have been reading. It emphasizes raw milk, raw cheese, raw eggs...unlike most of the other raw foodiest who are vegan.
Amy
Jul 10, 2013 Amy rated it did not like it
I was excited about this book but didn't get more than a few pages in before she started espousing dairy and eggs. Might be good for others, but it's not what I expected from the title.
Kathleen
Dec 07, 2007 Kathleen rated it did not like it
Shelves: cooking
With all of the expensive ingredients and necessary kitchen supplies, I found the recipes to be too impractical for my needs. I did not end up attempting any recipe from the bok.
Deb
Dec 13, 2010 Deb rated it really liked it
The Cucumber Avocado Soup (http://kahakaikitchen.blogspot.com/20...) is delicious and the flax crackers are tasty.

Cristina
Jul 16, 2013 Cristina rated it liked it
Shelves: vegan, cookbook
Well organized - I particularily appreciated the staples chapther - especially Outfitting the Raw Kitchen, Shopping List and Sprouting and Germinating.
Hannah
Feb 03, 2016 Hannah rated it liked it
Shelves: raw, food, healthy, prep, lifestyle
Is it sad that the main thing I remember about this book is her fantastic dress? (The smoothies aren't bad, either).
Brenda
Apr 03, 2010 Brenda rated it it was amazing
love all of the ideas...still want a juicer for my birthday so i can make all of these funky recipes. :(
Tara
Jun 04, 2013 Tara rated it it was amazing
Great recipes easy go to recipes.
Merry
Jul 06, 2014 Merry rated it it was amazing
So simple, just do it!
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Vanessa Jalil
Vanessa Jalil rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
esrra albabah
esrra albabah rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2016
Queenbusick
Queenbusick rated it did not like it
Jun 18, 2016
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Christine Harris
Christine Harris rated it it was ok
May 31, 2016
Gloveman
Gloveman rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Ani's Raw Food Kitchen: Easy, Delectable Living Foods Recipes
  • Living Cuisine: The Art of Spirit of Raw Foods
  • Everyday Raw
  • Raw Food Made Easy: For 1 or 2 People
  • Raw Energy: 124 Raw Food Recipes for Energy Bars, Smoothies, and Other Snacks to Supercharge Your Body
  • Greens Glorious Greens!: More than 140 Ways to Prepare All Those Great-Tasting, Super-Healthy, Beautiful Leafy Greens
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Eating Raw
  • Wild About Greens: 125 Delicious Recipes from Hearty Soups & Stews to Succulent Sautes & Smoothies
  • Chloe's Vegan Italian Kitchen: 150 Pizzas, Pastas, Pestos, Risottos, & Lots of Creamy Italian Classics
  • Going Raw: Everything You Need to Start Your Own Raw Food Diet and Lifestyle Revolution at Home
  • Live Raw: Raw Food Recipes for Good Health and Timeless Beauty
  • Living Raw Food: Get the Glow with More Recipes from Pure Food and Wine
  • Eat Vegan on $4.00 a Day
  • Vegan Eats World: 300 International Recipes for Savoring the Planet
  • Green Smoothie Revolution: The Radical Leap Towards Natural Health
  • The Gluten-Free Vegan: 150 Delicious Ways to Cook Allergy-Free-Without Dairy, Wheat or Meat
  • Caribbean Vegan: Meat-Free, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free Authentic Island Cuisine for Every Occasion
  • Vive le Vegan!: Simple, Delectable Recipes for the Everyday Vegan Family
Constantly in search of new frontiers, Carol Alt is the ultimate chameleon. Since her days as the world’s most renowned Supermodel, Carol Alt has gone on to be author, actress and entrepreneur. Having had enormous success in all her endeavors such as being a USA Today Best-Selling Author for her books on Raw food; a multi- award winning actress; the face of her own line of cosmetics; having a numb ...more
More about Carol Alt...