Start by marking “The Cabin on the Prairie” as Want to Read:
The Cabin on the Prairie

The Cabin on the Prairie

3.42  ·  Rating Details  ·  48 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
This is a delightful series that could be described as the Christian counterpart to ''Little House on the Prairie.'' Drawing from his personal experiences on the rugged frontier, author C.H. Pearson gives a vivid picture of life in the Old West. The reader is confronted with wild Indians, runaway wagon trains, and near-death encounters on the lonesome prairie. This is one ...more
Published August 25th 2002 by Vision Forum (first published 1872)

To ask other readers questions about The Cabin on the Prairie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cabin on the Prairie

Lydia
Oct 13, 2015 Lydia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Exploring and living in the prairies with the Jones family and other settlers. Slightly darker "Little House" type book (rather like if G.A. Henty wrote it instead of L. I. Wilder) and rather typical of the period.

This is a harder read, as the Jones' are a family in need, they don't even own the land they live on, and whenever they start to get their feet under them, Mr. Jones moves them again. He does have a good reason for his distrust of civilization, but often being on the fringes of Native

Lex
Apr 03, 2012 Lex rated it liked it
This book isn't boring per se, but it is thoroughly mediocre. The characters are fairly two-dimenional, and women are either portrayed as shrewd or self-sacrificing - or written out of the story altogether to focus on the male characters. Not bad, but not really all that good either.
Rebecca
Oct 03, 2007 Rebecca rated it liked it
I have read both Cabin on the Prairie and Cabin in the north woods(part two) and enjoyed them as a good Christian light read that does not take alot of thinking to understand..:) I liked these books enough that I would not mind at all to read them again.
Gayle
Feb 06, 2012 Gayle rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Sweet story. Very simple, but it does jump around a lot. (On my Kindle there were no divisions to let you know the book had "jumped" time or characters.) It's always refreshing to read a book from a simple Christian perspective.
Tgirl
Dec 12, 2011 Tgirl rated it liked it
Enjoyable but I wish I could have gotten to know the characters more. The book hopped between too many character perspectives. If that doesn't bother you, give this book a try.
Jan 07, 2009 Rachel rated it liked it
Not one of my favorites, mainly because it's rather violent and that bothered me when I first read it. A frontier story, with wolves and Indians and the whole bit.
Naulayne Raiche Enders
May 22, 2013 Naulayne Raiche Enders rated it really liked it
A young man n the frontier strives to acquire an education to become a minister. The Indian attack is well written. This book would make a great family read aloud.
Morgan
Apr 28, 2014 Morgan rated it really liked it
This was a great book combining the author’s pleasant writing style and refreshing Christ-Centeredness making “Cabin on the Prairie” a new favorite of mine.
Jan 30, 2015 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Love this book. A childhood favorite.
Cirilu
Cirilu is currently reading it
Feb 07, 2016
Rachel added it
Jan 22, 2016
Kate
Kate added it
Jan 15, 2016
Pauline
Pauline rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Rhonda Sellers
Rhonda Sellers is currently reading it
Nov 08, 2015
BRENDA
BRENDA rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2015
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Debra King
Debra King rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Naomi
Naomi rated it it was ok
Apr 11, 2015
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2015
Candy
Candy marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
stevenarnold
stevenarnold rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2015
Lars
Lars marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Kevin
Kevin added it
Jan 09, 2015
Pamela
Pamela rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2015