Picking Apples And Pumpkins

Picking Apples And Pumpkins

3.24 of 5 stars 3.24  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  12 reviews
It's fun to pick apples! Take a hayride, climb up into the apple trees, and pick the apples you like best. Then, pick out a big orange pumpkin!
Published September 1st 1994 by Cartwheel

midnightfaerie
Our whole family loves this book. A favorite at the end of the summer when we're sick and tired of the heat and mosquitoes, it's fun to pull out this one and read all about our favorite fall activities. From apple picking to pumpkin carving to hayrides, this one has it all with bright colorful photographs that even my 3 yr old twins could enjoy. My 5 yr old can read this one by himself now. I think it's a pretty strong level 2 or 3 reading book for those of you looking to challenge your kids. A...more
ShaRhonda
Beautiful pictures. Seemed like a story/picture album about the events of the day while picking apples and pumpkins. The layout was kind of hard to read.
Petrie Serrano
Better than expected. My 2.5YO picked this at the library because he helps in the kitchen and has made applesauce, and apple and pumpkin pies. I felt a little like I was going to see an ad for an orchard at the end because I'm conditioned that way when I see photos, but there wasn't one. He found it interesting that a book can have photos of regular people instead of drawings, so now we have a photo book on our list of projects.
Alison
A family goes to a farm on a Fall day for apple and pumpkin picking, and finish their perfect day by making a fresh apple pie with their grandma. Simplistic, but a nice book that is Fall related. My three year old son thought it was hilarious when one of the children put a pumpkin on their head and pretended it was a hat.
Deborah Harris
Dec 31, 2013 Deborah Harris added it
Shelves: a31, ar-3
AR Quiz No. 114819 EN Nonfiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 3.7 - AR Pts: 0.5
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP
Avel
This book felt to me like an account of the course of events in the "perfect day", involving apple pie and pumpkins. This much I'll say, quick read, pictures take you through a better journey that the context. Good Luck!
Julia
This story follows an afternoon with a family on an autumn excursion. Kids didn't seem as into it as other autumn related non fiction that we've looked at.
Heather
We didn't really read this book but we enjoyed looking at the pictures, talking about it and making up our own story.
Michelle Brandstetter
SL Skills - Print motivation, print awareness, & vocabulary. Activities - Read & talk.
Emily
older pictures but used real people. Small sections of words. interesting.
Meghan
A non-fiction book great for fall units.
Jasmine Roberson
disucsses farming to food. Science
Lisa
Lisa added it
Jul 11, 2014
aaron dawang
aaron dawang marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Megan
Megan added it
Oct 16, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Firehouse Dog What Happens at a Horse Farm? What Happens at a Party Store? What Happens At An Amusement Park? (Where People Work) Our Day At The Seashore