Start by marking “Peaches and Screams (Savannah Reid, #7)” as Want to Read:
Peaches and Screams (Savannah Reid, #7)

Peaches and Screams (A Savannah Reid Mystery #7)

Private eye Savannah Reid returns to the Deep South for her sister Marietta's wedding, only to find her young brother Macon accused of killing the Honourable Judge Patterson - and that he is counting on her to prove his innocence.
Published December 1st 2002 by Kensington (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Peaches and Screams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peaches and Screams

Daelith
Jul 13, 2009 Daelith rated it really liked it
Still love Savannah's wacky family and her Southern sass.
Dharia Scarab
Nov 26, 2016 Dharia Scarab rated it really liked it

4 sta
Sj Okelly
Nice light read.
Gail
May 10, 2009 Gail rated it really liked it
Shelves: mysteries
Private detective Savannah Reid goes home to Georgia for her sister's wedding, envisioning a chaotic time with her large family, all the while wearing a truly ugly bridesmaid's dress.

What she finds instead is down-home crime, good cooking, selfish family and lots of memories. What this series does best is evoke warm feelings of family and friendship with lots of mouthwatering food served in between . The mysteries unfold and are happily solved with the help of family and her California friends a
Melissapalmer404
Feb 08, 2013 Melissapalmer404 rated it really liked it
Book #13 Read in 2013
Peaches and Screams by G.A. McKevett

This is the 7th book in the Savannah Reid mystery series. In this book, Savannah heads back to her southern hometown for the wedding of one of her sisters. When she arrives, she finds one of her brothers has been arrested for the murder of the town judge. Savannah does not believe that her brother did it, so she sets out to use her former cop/current PI skills to clear his name. She gets some help from her friends Dirk and Tammy. But will
Cheryl
Jul 12, 2015 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Nola has been gone from her hometown for 15 years and when her job turns into a desk job she comes back for a visit to help run her parents Peach farm while they are on a trip. She finds that the farm is in trouble with lots of things that need repair and no money. A local business man is found murdered in the peach trees and her brother in law is who the sheriff thinks did it. Between trying to find out who the real killer is and getting the peach farm running Nola is busy. This has a good ...more
Dee Haddrill
Dec 14, 2013 Dee Haddrill rated it it was amazing
It was so much fun to read an earlier Savannah Reid book after knowing where the story has gone. It was so obvious even back then that Dirk was in love with Savannah... took em long enough to finally admit it :) As always, a great mystery, funny dialogue and a great cast of characters that make up yet another amazing book in the Savannah Reid mysteries! If you haven't read these books, please do - you won't be disappointed
Margaret
Aug 13, 2011 Margaret added it
Shelves: 2006
I really like Savannah - she had the right combination of L.A. big-city saavy and Southern small-town charm. And finally, a cozy mystery heroine who after figuring out the murderer, doesn't plunge ahead idiotically and endanger her life! (Think it helped that she was a former cop). Also liked the relationships between Dirk, Savannah & Tammy as well as the hint of what used to be with Savannah and Tommy. Would definitely read more from this author!
Marcia
May 23, 2013 Marcia rated it really liked it
In this adventure, Savannah Reid goes home to Georgia for her sister Marietta's latest wedding. The usual characters (Tammy & Dirk) also visit the small town to help Savannah clear her brother Macon from a murder charge. Most of the action is confined to Gran's house except for the two murders. Profit is the main motive for the murders. The local color supplied by the people and place adds a different flavor to this novel in the series.
Joan Ziethen
Nov 29, 2008 Joan Ziethen added it
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Joan by: no one

I like these books by G. A McKevett. I like to read series books but I

do read other mysteries. That is what I mostly read. I have read books

with romances and mysteries together.

What I learn from reading mysteries is that there are people in this

world that just are evil and sometimes circumstances change good people

to someone that they don't even know.
Kat
Apr 06, 2011 Kat rated it it was amazing
Christine
Sep 26, 2011 Christine rated it really liked it
Bringing the story to Granny's place is nice except for the circumstances of death. Meeting more of the Reid's is a lot to take in but fun. You can really feel the shift between Dirk and Savannah happening.
Patricia
Mar 29, 2015 Patricia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
I like the characters. this books takes us to her hometown where we get to meet more of the family. I really enjoyed it. I also liked that two of the main characters came along alittle while later to help her clear her brother.
Pamela
Feb 06, 2011 Pamela rated it it was amazing
I love Peaches and Screams this is one series that keeps getting better and better. I love the characters and the mystery is always top notch.

Pamela
Lanae
Mar 31, 2010 Lanae rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love these books for summer by the pool. No smut but good 'get away from it all mysteries. In another life I want to be Savannah Reid.
Sallie
Jul 10, 2014 Sallie rated it it was amazing
A fun, lite read for vacation. As a transplanted Southern girl, I enjoyed the trip back home! I didn't know how they'd prove it, but I guessed the killer right away.
Susan
Jul 29, 2016 Susan rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable episode in the series. It was interesting to see Savannah at home and working through some of her family issues.
Christine
Aug 24, 2014 Christine rated it really liked it
Although this is the 7th in the series there is ample background woven in the storyline. Generally like able characters.
Janice
Jan 31, 2009 Janice rated it liked it
This is a series fun quick reads. This one is set in Georgia and I found the change in scenery interesting!
Lori
Lori rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2007
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2012
Michele
Michele rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2012
Dwheeler11
Dwheeler11 rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2014
Barbara
Barbara rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2011
Lisa Goldsmith
Lisa Goldsmith rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2014
Pstorm
Pstorm rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2008
Jul 17, 2008 Shari rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, pre-2004
Book 7
Jennifer Crow fischer
Jennifer Crow fischer rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2015
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2016
  • The Body in the Bouillon (Faith Fairchild, #3)
  • A Catered Valentine's Day (A Mystery with Recipes, #4)
  • Dying for Dinner (A Cooking Class Mystery, #4)
  • Murder Takes the Cake (Daphne Martin, #1)
  • Basil Instinct (Italian Restaurant Mystery, #2)
  • Hell Hath No Curry (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #15)
  • Independence Slay (Celebration Bay, #3)
  • April Fool Dead (Death on Demand, #13)
  • Honeymoon With Murder (Death on Demand, #4)
  • Golden Malicious (Orchard, #7)
  • The Cooking School Murders (Eugenia Potter, #1)
  • Stay At Home Dead (Stay At Home Dad Mystery #1)
  • Murder Can Spoil Your Appetite (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #7)
  • A Taste for Murder (Hemlock Falls Mysteries, #1)
  • Death in a Beach Chair (Susan Henshaw, #15)
  • Unraveled Sleeve (A Needlecraft Mystery, #4)
Since publication of her first novel in 1986, Sonja Massie has authored over fifty published works, including the highly popular and critically acclaimed SAVANNAH REID MYSTERIES under the pseudonym G. A. McKevett.

Sonja's novels range from Irish historicals to contemporary thrillers. Her earthy humor and fast-paced plots delight her fans, while critics applaud her offbeat characterizations and inci
More about G.A. McKevett...

A Savannah Reid Mystery (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Just Desserts (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #1)
  • Bitter Sweets (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #2)
  • Killer Calories (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #3)
  • Cooked Goose (Savannah Reid, #4)
  • Sugar and Spite (Savannah Reid, #5)
  • Sour Grapes (Savannah Reid, #6)
  • Death by Chocolate (Savannah Reid, #8)
  • Cereal Killer (Savannah Reid, #9)
  • Murder à la Mode (Savannah Reid, #10)
  • Corpse Suzette (Savannah Reid, #11)