Start by marking “The Doctor's Christmas” as Want to Read:
The Doctor's Christmas

The Doctor's Christmas

When big-city doctor Grant Hardesty comes to a small Maryland town to help out temporarily, he never imagines he'll discover God's plan for his life and an everlasting love with nurse Maggie Davis. Original.
Published December 1st 2003 by Steeple Hill (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Doctor's Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Doctor's Christmas

Rachel Brand
I've not read a ton of Marta Perry's novels, but those that I have read I've thoroughly enjoyed. Her characters are always engaging and her conflicts are always realistic, which can definitely be said for this book.

I loved the setting, and although the novel was fairly short, I came to care about the inhabitants of Button Gap and the visitors to the free clinic. I felt like I connected better with Maggie than I did with Grant, but that often happens with romance novels. And the children were ad
Carole Jarvis
Oct 31, 2012 Carole Jarvis rated it really liked it
I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this book! Sweet romance between a nurse and volunteer doctor at a free clinic in Applachia, one of my favorite settings.
Michelle Lunsford
Dec 09, 2016 Michelle Lunsford rated it really liked it
The romance is about what I expected from an inspirational Christmas tale, but I like the plot involving broken people who find ways to help one another to discover love and hope. Faith is a central element, but I found it to be realistic and balanced. Although fictional characters were involved, I felt my own heart stirred with rejoicing over the wins in the spiritual battles represented in this narrative. This is definitely a nice feel-good holiday story I can enjoy revisiting year after year.
Eliza Castine
Nov 13, 2016 Eliza Castine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A story that will definitely touch your heart

It is so beautiful you will probably cry in some parts.I couldn't put it down .love it bring us more
Loraine
SUMMARY: God could not have chosen a worse time to send Dr. Grant Hardesty to Button Gap. Three abandoned children were depending on Maggie Davis’ s clandestine care until their mother returned. Maggie didn’ t think she could trust the by-the-book doctor with her secret. Until she got a glimpse into his soul… and God’ s mysterious ways became as clear as a starry night.

Maggie knew her trust was well placed as this once-aloof doctor opened his heart to the children… and her. But as Grant’ s time
April Suter
Jul 03, 2013 April Suter rated it liked it
Grant volunteers to practice medicine in Button Gap for a short time before he starts his practice in the city. He finds a competent nurse, Maggie, with three children she is taking care of while the mother is finding herself after her abusive husband died. The community bands together to take care of its own and Grant may find quite a bit before Christmas.

252 pages
Christy
Nov 14, 2012 Christy rated it it was amazing
I love this book! I have probably read it at least 8 times. I read it every Christmas and it never gets old. It leaves me with such a good feeling :) If you can find this one still, I suggest you read it during the holiday season.
Barbi
Jun 19, 2013 Barbi rated it really liked it
What a sweet story! I loved how Maggie didn't give up on Nella coming back to get her children. I liked the fact that she had a strong faith that she shared with all those around her.
Mimi Oliphant
Mimi Oliphant rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2016
Dawn
Dawn rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2011
Cindy
Cindy rated it liked it
May 23, 2012
Annie
Annie rated it it was ok
Dec 24, 2012
Merle
Merle rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2016
Judy
Judy rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2013
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2012
Lori
Lori rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2007
Marie
Marie rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2015
Jackie Day
Jackie Day rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2008
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2008
Sheila
Sheila rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Cassie Alegria
Cassie Alegria rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2013
Shawna
Shawna rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Patricia Solla
Patricia Solla rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2015
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2013
Dawn Michelle
Dawn Michelle rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2008
Samantha
Samantha rated it it was ok
Mar 31, 2015
Jan
Jan rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2009
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Nov 28, 2011
Barbara
Barbara rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2013
Shirley
Shirley rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 19, 2015 07:56AM
  • A Daughter for Christmas
  • The Christmas Quilt (Brides of Amish Country, #5)
  • Rancher's Refuge (Whisper Falls, #1)
  • The Doctor's Family (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #3)
  • Miriam's Heart (Hannah's Daughters, #2)
  • A Soldier for Christmas (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #1)
  • The Rancher's Secret Wife (Cooper Creek, #3)
  • The Prodigal's Christmas Reunion (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #6)
  • A Dry Creek Christmas (Dry Creek, #7)
  • Love Finds You Under the Mistletoe
  • Snowflake Sweethearts
  • Christmas Gifts: Small Town Christmas\Her Christmas Cowboy (The Cowboy Series, #9)
  • Protected Hearts (Rosewood, Texas, #1)
  • The Unexpected Gift (Sisters and Brides #3)
81993
Marta Perry is a Pennsylvania-based author of over 35 novels, many of them inspirational romances. She uses her rural Pennsylvania life and her Pennsylvania Dutch heritage in writing her books, especially in her Pleasant Valley Amish series for Berkley Books and her new Amish-set suspense series for HQN Books.

Marta and her husband live in a centuries-old farmhouse in a quiet central Pennsylvania v
More about Marta Perry...