Start by marking “A Christmas to Die For (The Three Sisters Inn, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Christmas to Die For (The Three Sisters Inn, #2)

A Christmas to Die For (The Three Sisters Inn #2)

SHE WAS LUCKY TO BE ALIVE......after the hit-and-run that nearly took her life. But history seemed to be repeating itself when Rachel Hampton spied a car speeding down the dark road.

Published November 6th 2007 by Steeple Hill

To ask other readers questions about A Christmas to Die For, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Christmas to Die For

Twilight by Stephenie MeyerWicked by Gregory MaguireThe Shack by William Paul YoungWuthering Heights by Emily BrontëBreaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
Books So Bad I Couldn't Finish...
391st out of 447 books — 573 voters
A Christmas Carol by Charles DickensThe Snow Child by Eowyn IveyThe Night Before Christmas by Clement C. MooreStopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert FrostSmilla's Sense of Snow by Peter Høeg
Snow
77th out of 219 books — 48 voters

More lists with this book...

Mercedes Cordero
Oct 05, 2012 Mercedes Cordero rated it liked it

As the second book of this series, it doesn't give much input of the previous book (which is a good thing if you don't read them in order), and it can pretty much stand alone. No cliffhangers, no wondering what will happen next, except if you are curious by nature and want to know what the story is behind Caroline, the youngest sister who gets to be the center of the third book. That's what happened to me. Also, I wanted to know if the two main characters in this one will stay together
Michelle
Jun 28, 2011 Michelle rated it it was amazing
I decided to review these together since it is a series. However, I believe it would be okay to read them separately or out of order. I believe you can understand more of the back story if you read them in order, but I think they could easily be read on their own also and still be enjoyable.

Back in high school, I remember a librarian taking me around the library trying to help me find books I was interested in. I really hated reading when I was younger. I just couldn’t seem to find anything I li
Shari
Jan 05, 2011 Shari rated it really liked it
This is book 2 of the Three Sisters Inn trilogy; it picks up 7 months later from the first book, Hide in Plain Site.
Rachel Hampton runs a bed and breakfast in the heart of Amish country with her grandmother. She is recovered physically from the hit and run accident that nearly took her life months ago, but is still wary; was it really an accident?

She befriends a guest at the inn, Tyler Dunn, who has inherited the neglected property next to the inn, after his mother's death. His grandfather was m
Melissa
Jan 25, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
I discovered Marta Perry through a free Kindle book...in fact, the first book in this series.

A Christmas to Die For, is the 2nd book in the series, and follows Rachel, the middle sister. This book did not disappoint with the mystery surrounding Rachel's accident and the death of a neighbor 20 years ago. It is very quick read, and a touch of romance to go with the mystery.

The only disappointment (which is NOT a reflection of the author or amazon...since I received this book through a paperback s
Dharia Scarab
Jul 25, 2014 Dharia Scarab rated it really liked it

4 sta
Michelle
Jul 22, 2015 Michelle rated it really liked it
Three Sisters Inn
Book 2

This book covered the story of the second sister. Her story actually started in the first book, I believe, when she's involved in a hit-and-run. The mystery was never solved. Now someone is trying to harm her again along with her new bed and breakfast guest, Tyler Dunn. Tyler has come back to get answers surrounding his grandfather's death, and Rachel's family may very well be involved!

I figured some of the things out - just a bit too obvious, but the author threw in some
Kate
Dec 31, 2014 Kate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the mystery parts of this novel. There were hints dropped throughout the book, but I think it would be very hard to put the entire puzzle together with the who and the why of 'whodunnit'. I had my suspicions, but they did not play out how I suspected they would.
That said, the romance between Rachel and Tyler felt a little forced. I think I would have liked to see more character growth from both of them along with a slower road to romance . . . for them to become actual FRIENDS f
Linda  Van Wert
Aug 20, 2012 Linda Van Wert rated it liked it
A very easy read and it is the 2nd book in the series "The Three Sisters Inn". She was lucky to be alive after the hit-and-run that nearly took her life. But history seemed to be repeating itself when Rachel Hampton spied a car speeding down the dark road.

Tyler Dunn came to Rachel's family inn seeking justice for a decades-old crime. Rachel wanted to trust the attractive architect, but he was too secretive...until she uncovered a shocking link to her own past. Suddenly a holiday season amid the
Grey853
Nov 08, 2010 Grey853 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, holiday
Annette
This is the second book in the The Sisters Inn series. I got the first one free, and I actually liked it a little better. The dialog in this book between Rachel and Tyler seemed forced and not very realistic. The story was interesting and I was a little surprised at the end. I will probably read the third book, just to see how it all plays out. Overall, I thought this book was good but not great.
Leona
Mar 02, 2010 Leona rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book of a trilogy. The first one was very entertaining, and this follows in the same vein. These are Christian/mystery/romance novels and make what I call a "good light read." That means it's not a book that will teach you about a new culture, people, country, or how to manage a relationship....it's just there for you to enjoy a story without a lot of thought. The characters are fairly believable and the so is the story.
Christine
Jun 19, 2013 Christine rated it liked it
I enjoyed this second book and the storyline was better than the first. Poor Rachel having just recovered from a previous "accident" when more things start to happen around and to her. Tyler comes to handle his Grandfather's estate, next to the Three Sisters Inn and bonds with Rachel as they both learn their family histories.
Lorie
This book seemed a lot like book 1 in the series just had different characters, while this story is set in Amish country, there are very few Amish scenes or Amish people in the series so if you think this is like most Amish fiction it is not. I did however enjoy the story. It is a really good suspence story and I can't wait to read book 3 to meet sister 3.
Tammy
Oct 21, 2013 Tammy rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the first book in this series so I was majorly bummed that I didn't find this book as enjoyable. It was an okay read with moments of romance and suspense interspersed but it was no where as good as the first in this series. It also felt shorter than the first. I will probably read the next in this series but my expectations have definitely been lowered.
Nicole
Jan 16, 2009 Nicole rated it liked it
I was disapointed in this book. I thought it was going to be all about the Amish. But it was about them drivng cars and lights in their houses. It was hard trying to find out who was up to no good. So it did have it's good points!
Julie
Feb 20, 2013 Julie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book was just as good as her first. Enjoyed the relationship between characters and the plot was excellent. It kept me on the edge guessing who was doing what, thought I had it figured out and wow what a twist! Excellent writing Marta Perry on the the next.
Nancy Cholewczynski pitts
Apr 02, 2013 Nancy Cholewczynski pitts rated it really liked it
Sit and enjoy the reading. If you're planing a long flight you could read all the book in that flight. The story is good for any age because it doesn't have curses or bad words or sex or anything scary but this is not a Xmas story.
Gwnhwyfer
Feb 12, 2013 Gwnhwyfer rated it it was ok
I could have knocked some sense into the two main characters during various parts of the book, but it wasn't bad otherwise. I figured out the who-did-it fairly quickly, but the bit about the father at the end threw me - I was not expecting that!
Teresa Spencer
Mar 15, 2015 Teresa Spencer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Great Read

I gave this book a five star because it was very good. It kept my interest all the way to the end. I didn't figure out who had done the crimes until very close till the end. The attraction between the characters was so good and real. A really great book.
Vicki Krivak
Oct 12, 2011 Vicki Krivak rated it liked it
This was a charming little book to read and yet it had that mystery element to it and kept me
turning the pages. It's an exciting blend of romance and suspense. Although this book belongs with a
series it could easily be read as a stand alone. It was a very easy, clean read. I'd recommend it.
April Suter
Jun 11, 2013 April Suter rated it liked it
Rachel has recuperated from the hit and run accident and when Tyler comes to stay at The Three Sisters Inn the family discovers that there is more of a connection between the two neighboring families. Rachel also learns more about her missing father.

250 p.
Sheryl Snahnican
Three sisters book 2

It was suspenseful and interesting at every page. Great writing. I would call it an Amish mystery. A real page turner
Abby
Jul 28, 2011 Abby rated it liked it
it was good but not one of my favorites. it all seemed a little too unlikely. but a good read anyway and very sweet.
Jodi
Mar 22, 2014 Jodi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

I really am enjoying this author. This is the second book of hers I have read and look forward to reading more.
Toady
Jun 29, 2016 Toady rated it really liked it
A nice story with a Christmas setting. The mystery was slow and not nearly as entertaining as the first book, but the conclusion was wrapped it up in a more pleasing way. The romance was a flop.
M.B. Ascherl
Good sorry line

It kept me coming back to see what happens next. But strange that chapter breaks were in the wrong place.
Carolyn E
May 29, 2013 Carolyn E rated it really liked it
Another wonderful book by Marta Perry. I enjoyed it.
Pamela
Dec 28, 2014 Pamela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good

This is a really good romantic suspense that takes place at Christmas. I enjoyed it very much and think that you will too.
Anne
Nov 09, 2009 Anne rated it it was ok
I'm pretty sure this book is the same as the first book in the series with some names changed. It was good the first time around. I want something new now.
Jean Browne
Nov 03, 2010 Jean Browne rated it liked it
Pretty much like book one...but a nice little mystery; a little romance, and easy to read..now , on to book 3 in this series...
  • An Amish Christmas Wish / The Christmas Prayer
  • Sarah's Christmas Miracle
  • Holiday Illusion
  • An Amish Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #3)
  • Formula for Danger (Sonoma, #2)
  • The Protector's Promise (The Sinclair Brothers Trilogy, #2)
  • Christmas Mail-Order Brides: Four Mail-Order Brides Travel the Transcontinental Railroad in Search of Love
  • Annie's Truth (Touch of Grace, #1)
  • What Sarah Saw (Without A Trace #1)
  • Rebecca's Christmas Gift
  • Grace (Sisters of the Heart, #4)
  • Murder By Mushroom
  • Bayou Justice (Bayou Justice #1)
  • Hidden in the Wall (Reunion Revelations, Book 1) (Love Inspired Suspense #84)
81993
Marta Perry is a Pennsylvania-based author of over 35 novels, many of them inspirational romances. She uses her rural Pennsylvania life and her Pennsylvania Dutch heritage in writing her books, especially in her Pleasant Valley Amish series for Berkley Books and her new Amish-set suspense series for HQN Books.

Marta and her husband live in a centuries-old farmhouse in a quiet central Pennsylvania v
More about Marta Perry...

The Three Sisters Inn (4 books)
  • Hide in Plain Sight (The Three Sisters Inn, #1)
  • Buried Sins (The Three Sisters Inn, #3)
  • Hide in Plain Sight and Buried Sins