Start by marking “Praying The Word: An Introduction to Lectio Divina” as Want to Read:
Praying The Word: An Introduction to  Lectio Divina

Praying The Word: An Introduction to Lectio Divina

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Scripture brings the Word of God to us when we read and welcome it in faith as the Word which comes from God and leads to God. Scripture is the means by which we live in God. The ancient monastic (and patristic) way of reading Scripture involves reflection (meditation) and prayer. It is listening to the Word, allowing the Word to become active in our lives. It is, in the w ...more
Published March 1st 1999 by Cistercian Publications

To ask other readers questions about Praying The Word, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Praying The Word

Stephen
This review is of a book for religious practice. Consider yourselves warned. :-)

When one discusses the practice of Lectio Divina, the degree of care required is stupendous. It is important to under, first and foremost, that Lectio Divina is not Bible study, neither is it a pipeline to God, it is a method by which we prepare our hearts to encounter a small amount of scripture, perhaps no more than a verse or two, read it slowly, and then watch for the word or phrase that sticks with us.

That's jus
♥ Ibrahim ♥
It will encourage you to pray the Word by showing its patristic legacy and what it means to Bianchi. However, he doesn't give you a plan on how to go about it.
Juan Martín
Juan Martín marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Podvig
Podvig marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2013
Lillian Raphael
Lillian Raphael marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2013
Chiara
Chiara marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2012
Cara Best
Cara Best marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2011
Mary Alice
Mary Alice marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2010
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2010
Il pane di ieri Ogni cosa alla sua stagione La differenza cristiana Per un'etica condivisa Lectio Divina: From God's Word to Our Lives