Start by marking “The Reinvention of Chastity” as Want to Read:
The Reinvention of Chastity

The Reinvention of Chastity

3.8  ·  Rating Details ·  1,009 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews

Dont get mad get sexy! Plain Jane paralegal Chastity Bryant has had a raving crush on her boss Sebastian Rossi since meeting him. Always willing to jump at his beck and call, Chastity's world comes crashing in on her one morning when she overhears him laughing about her less than exciting life. To top it off, he freely admits that he's used her crush to his advantage! Afte

Published December 1st 2007 by Samhain Publishing (first published February 6th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Reinvention of Chastity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Reinvention of Chastity

The Grunt by Latrivia S. NelsonBeast by Pepper PaceDmitry's Closet by Latrivia S. NelsonDestino by Sienna MynxHer Russian Billionaire by Theodora Taylor
Love Story (BW/WM)
49th out of 356 books — 330 voters
The Grunt by Latrivia S. NelsonTi Amo by Sienna MynxGame, Set, Match by Nana MaloneFifty Shades of Jungle Fever by L.V. LewisBeast by Pepper Pace
New Interracial BW/WM Romance
20th out of 278 books — 161 voters

More lists with this book...

Shawnette
Jan 09, 2008 Shawnette rated it it was ok
Recommended to Shawnette by: One of My Friends
Definitely A Quick Hot Read, But...

Once again Mrs. Vaughn turns up the sexual heat in another of her interracial romances. "The Reinvention of Chastity" is an enjoyable little page-turner. I just found it a little unbelievable. As much as I tried to roll with the flow of the romance, I just COULDN'T get pass the way Sebastian took advantage of Chastity's kindness. And let us not forget the AWFUL comments he made about her to his friend Jeremy. As a sistah, I would have found it difficult to get
D.lee
Jan 28, 2012 D.lee rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story, but it is definitely not the up tight, prudish or faint of heart reader. The dialogue is graphic and the love scene are explicit, but the book comes with a warning so readers shouldn't be surprised.
The story starts out with Chastity overhearing a conversation her long time crush Sebastian has with his partner. Her feelings are hurt, but its a wake up call. With the help of her friend, Chastity receives a much needed makeover. She gets more than a new look. She also h
Emily
When Chastity Bryant overhears what her boss, Sebastion Rossi, really thinks of of her she is hurt beyond belief. For two years she has harbored a crush for him, always thinking that it was not obvious, but when he blatantly admits to using the knowledge of it to produce more work from her, she is furious.

Within the next few days, Chastity is convinced that revenge is the best medicine. All of the sudden she goes from dowdy mouse to sultry vixen, and Sebastian doesn't know what to think. When th
Mspraise50
May 30, 2014 Mspraise50 rated it it was amazing
Chastity Bryant and Sebastian Rossi's story.

Chastity gets her revenge on Sebastian for the cruel remarks he makes about how attentive and devoted she is to him. She went to town on his ass! Along the way they fall for each other and Sebastian falls in a big way for Chastity. However, I think our girl took it a little too far and when he finds out how she played him its devastating!

Great read loved it!
Nisha
Jul 31, 2009 Nisha rated it it was amazing
I love this author and I remember reading this theme on fictionpress awhile back. I guess I picked it up, because I craved that kind of story and found that this book delivered. And it did. True, emotionally, everything just clicked really easily and things were forgiven very quickly. But the story is quite good and steamy.

Sebastian is great, slightly mean, that once, but he does make up for it. Chastity, I loved her as a tease. It was a fitting revenge.
Wikinerd
Dec 26, 2009 Wikinerd rated it it was amazing
I liked this book very much. Eve Vaughn describes her characters so well that it was incredibly hard to put down. I liked the fact that in the end Chastity got the one thing that she truly wanted.
Wendi
May 08, 2013 Wendi rated it really liked it
I really, really, really liked this book! I liked Chastity and I grew to love Sebastian. I didn't know how the premise would work out without coming off as REALLY corny, but it worked. ***SPOILERS****

What I liked
I liked the cast of characters in the book. The two gay besties and the drop dead gorgeous bff. They were all developed, but could have used a bit more work.

I loved Sebastian's new interest in Chastity. I thought that the two main characters had a genuine chemistry and it really worked
Yvette Roserie
Jan 01, 2013 Yvette Roserie rated it it was amazing
This was a very good quick read. It was fun, sexy, and erotic. In a weird way it was inspirational, not that I would go to these extremes but I can see how someone would.

This was a fun and emotional read, I found myself laughing out loud at points and feeling proud of Chastity. A couple of times she got a "you go girl".

The story shows that if you put your mind to it you can do more than you may think. And at the same time you should be careful what you ask for because you may just get it.

All
Gayle Roberson
Don't listen outside of closed doors

I loved this book. Chastity was a young woman working as a paralegal for a law firm. Sebastian a handsome rich alpha was one of the partners. While a work one day Chastity over hears Sebastian laughing with his best friend and business partner Jeremy. What Chastity over hears leaves her angry. So the story begins. I am not going to give out anymore information about the story I recommend that you read the book to find out. Very enjoyable book.
Bonnie
Jan 10, 2015 Bonnie rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed "The Reinvention of Chastity." For me it was a quick read easily deserving of 5 stars.

How long do you carry a grudge for? Some people hold a grudge until they exact revenge upon the person who hurt them and others still hold on to the grudge even after. The thing about a grudge is that sometimes it ends up hurting you more than the other person. Chastity had to learn this the hard way.

Shelby P
Sep 04, 2014 Shelby P rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inter-racial
I can definitely tell that my taste in books have changed since I originally read this two years ago. I don't normally re-read books nowadays because I have so many on my TBR pile to get to. There are just a few books that I would re-read and read word for word (Twilight Saga.)

Initially I gave this 5 stars but this second time reading it was more like 3 stars so I've adjusted my rating to 4 stars. I wasn't as engaged with the story. I've learned my lesson and will stick with my TBR pile.
Annie.Boo
Jan 28, 2014 Annie.Boo rated it it was amazing
I love this book but it's def not for everyone, especially the prudish.

I mean there's nothing here extremely shocking or appalling but it's def not pg13 and a little over rated R.

A short sexy, fun and erotic read.

I love Chastity. I can't stand Dallas and I hate Brenda.

Sebastian and Chastity made a Wonderful cat and mouse pair.

I'm def glad I made a good purchase. Definitely no buyers remorse here!

Diana
Feb 28, 2013 Diana rated it really liked it
This is the typical fat girl gets a makeover and gets the hot guy book but man, I loved it. I'm sorry but this is one hot and steamy read. I enjoyed it because the MC and her boss are so different but they have a sexual tension that is believable and enjoyable to read about. The writing tends to get a bit repetitive but overall, I liked it.
SheReadsALot
I liked it. It was a light, easy read kind of story. A little like the 'Ugly Duckling' for grown-ups. I zipped through it. I liked the hero. Chastity wasn't annoying but her mother and the way Chastity allowed her mother to treat her and the easy way she accepted her apology I didn't buy. But other than that, it was good.
Cheryl
Nov 27, 2012 Cheryl rated it liked it

Well, I am not really sure how I feel about this story. It was a pretty interesting read. There were times when I felt like there was some kind of disconnect in the story or not a developed background but over all it was a fairly good story. There was some drama and friendships as well as sex and love. For a quick read it pretty well held its own.
Karen
May 23, 2011 Karen rated it it was ok
Hmmm...i don't know...it had no point really, but i did like the whole "used to be frumphy and had a huge crush, to super hot and seduce for revenge, but then see a different side of him and fall even more in love" thing that the book had going.
Iamme
Oct 21, 2012 Iamme rated it it was ok
This had the potential to be a good story however the writing itself did nothing for me. There were one two many cliches that made me roll my eyes
Anino
Jan 09, 2012 Anino rated it really liked it
Loved this book.. If there had been less cheese, over-the-top smutty/dirty talk, & less lagging in certain area's, I would've given it 5 stars.
calista
May 23, 2014 calista rated it did not like it
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
I made it thru chapter 2. Shallow Bitches should be this books title. I was going to try and read up to chapter 3, but....I just couldn't.
Tasmia
A fun read, competently put together by an author who clearly knows what she's doing in the genre. Could have done with more development in some parts, but still a good read.
K.R.Caldwell
May 23, 2011 K.R.Caldwell rated it really liked it
The best game of cat and mouse ever. I was so glad when they finally hooked up. Probably one of the best IR''s I've read in a long time... It had me going from beginning to end. Well done Ms. Vaughn!
Lady
Jun 03, 2013 Lady rated it really liked it
I really liked it. It just had a few things I really didn't care for, but all in all still a good book.
Tracy
Oct 01, 2011 Tracy rated it it was amazing
This book is filled with lots of erotic scenes between the two lead characters, and I absolutely LOVED them all!!!! lol
J
J rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2016
Nadine
Nadine rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2012
Tammy Daniels
Tammy Daniels rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2009
Salmacis
Salmacis rated it it was ok
Oct 02, 2013
xoinor
xoinor rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2014
Cassandra
Cassandra rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2014
Loni
Loni rated it liked it
May 17, 2009
  • The Blacker the Berry
  • Falling For Sharde (Taking Chances, #1)
  • Reconstructing Jada Channing
  • Love Script
  • Harrier's Healer (The Megalodon Team, #2)
  • Friends
  • Remy Goes to Therapy (Chevalier Men #2)
  • Closer To You: Lee (The Drace Brothers #3)
  • The Sweetest Taboo (Redemption, #5)
  • Special Forces
  • Just Like Candy
  • Ivy's Twisted Vine
  • Never Say Never
  • That's What Friends Are For
  • Baby on Board
  • Something Unexpected
  • Funny Valentine  (The Mel and Tia Trilogy #1)
NYT and USA Today Bestselling Author Eve Vaughn has enjoyed creating characters and making up stories from an early age. As a child she was always getting into mischief, so when she lost her television privileges (which was often), writing was her outlet. Her stories have gotten quite a bit spicier since then! Eve likes to read, bake, make crafts, travel, and spend time with her family. She lives ...more
More about Eve Vaughn...