Digital Image Processing

Digital Image Processing

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  205 ratings  ·  21 reviews
The leader in the field for more than twenty years, this introduction to basic concepts and methodologies for digital image processing continues its cutting-edge focus on contemporary developments in all mainstream areas of image processing. Completely self-contained, heavily illustrated, and mathematically accessible, it has a scope of application that is not limited to t...more
Hardcover, Second Edition, 793 pages
Published November 9th 2001 by Prentice Hall (first published January 1st 1987)

Darren
This book was designed specifically to be used in advanced computer imaging classes, and taught by a professor (as in only a professor that has worked for years on the material can translate some of the text).

The first 3 chapters are well written and a self-starter (such as myself) can clearly understand the concepts and the application of the material given.

After chapter 3 (4+) this book becomes a stinking pile of shit. The problem lies in the ability to explain the transition from image domai...more
Pradit Pinyopasakul
I read this book and many other books related to computer graphics and digital image processing during 1993-1994 as references for my master's thesis.
Tiba
A great book especially for student how want to use Matlab for image processing course. It's easy to read and good book for starting. still this book is one one of my favorite book.
Michael
Really good reference AND really good explanations as to WHY which algorithms are used with which applications.
Joecolelife
Mar 23, 2011 Joecolelife rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Joecolelife by: www.CocoMartini.com Online Bookstore
This book educates the reader in image processing and MATLAB. While I am experienced in both, I found the book to be an extrememly useful reference book for projects involving image compression and image representation. The book offered practical descriptions and useful code for computing the fast wavelet transform. It was especially useful in describing how the edges should treated. This is a big issue that other textbooks gloss over. I had never seen it described in a textbook, and it was desc...more
Yenni
I read this book for my Image Processing presentation..
This book is very wonderful for its mathematics function..*_*
But, it didn't give much much advantages for me because i can't finished my work with good...
Especially, its an english book
Khalid Essam
Not recommended for math newbies, too much mathematical info that needs external references, some points are not explained well, gives overall ideas about image processing and discrete digital signal processing basics.
Ohud
I was working on building a software in 2003 to encrypt copyrights of photo's owners and decrypt them. This book helps me to understand Matlab and building the software interface. *thumb up*
Lex Javier
The textbook of my university image processing elective. It was the most fun CS course I ever took. I slept with photocopies of this textbook on my bed. We were inseparable!
anop
Semoga bulan April 2012 buku ini keluar dari list "currently reading" gw :D
hend
very useful reference for DIP, but not for the beginners .
Ehsan salehi
کتاب مرجع جهت اطلاعات پیشرفته در باره پردازش تصویر در متلب
Vipul Neema
This actually involved me into engineering.
Hazem Saleh
A must-have guide for all CS students.
從從 Xialulee
An interesting book.
Dito
great books, I never learn about Digital Image Processing before when my lecturer proposed us to read this book. It give me a good basic about Digital Image Processing :) Really help.
Mohammed
Ayesha
Feb 20, 2013 Ayesha marked it as to-read
i want to read
G
Mar 22, 2007 G added it
Recommends it for: for beginner in DIP
concepts in DIP
Kenham Hichamdz
Kenham Hichamdz marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Midoo Gomaa
Midoo Gomaa marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
  • The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction
  • Computer Organization and Architecture: Designing for Performance
  • Operating System Concepts
  • The Mathematical Theory of Communication
  • Data Mining: Practical Machine Learning Tools and Techniques (Morgan Kaufmann Series in Data Management Systems)
  • Calculus [With CDROM]
  • Programming Language Pragmatics
  • Linear Algebra and Its Applications
Digital Image Processing. Rafael C. Gonzalez, Richard E. Woods The Transition to Language Solutions Manual To Digital Image Processing 3e Syntactic Pattern Recognition: An Introduction Digital Image Processing (3rd Edition)