Start by marking “Witches” as Want to Read:
Witches

Witches

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  114 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Ever since fanatical witch hunters consigned her to an eternity of fury, Rachel has been waiting for her chance to come back to life. Now, centuries later, the time is right. Amanda, a good witch, is all that stands between her and her unholy vengeance. Flanked by the forces of darkness, Rachel is ready to unleash all the horror at her command.
Published September 1st 2000 by Pinnacle (first published January 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Witches, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witches

K.S. Marsden
Jan 27, 2016 K.S. Marsden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amanda is in mourning for her late husband; but cults, public hysteria, and long dead witches do not respect her grief. Amanda has to step up and realise what it means to be a powerful white witch.

Amanda comes from a long line of witches, and she has known what she is since she was a young girl. She learnt at a young age, to keep her powers hidden, in an attempt to fit in and not scare the normal people around her.

After a short introduction into the Black witch Rachel's death in the height of th
Su Halfwerk
Jul 12, 2013 Su Halfwerk rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amanda is a powerful white witch and a good-hearted woman who has lost the love of her life. She struggles with her grief even as a black witch, Satan’s favorite, plots against her. The black witch has her eyes on Amanda and her evil plan can change history and doom everyone. The first part of the book is Amanda’s back story, who she was and how she came to be where she was.

I loved the vividly drawn scenes be it at Amanda’s place, Jessie’s, or Rachel’s. I chose these three places because they a
Arlena
Author: Kathryn Meyer Griffith
Published By: Damination Books
Age Recommend: Adult
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Raven Rating: 5

Review:

"Witches" by Kathryn Meyer Griffith was quite some new read for me and I enjoyed this paranormal read. Be ready for some horror, mystery and a little bit of romance to see how Ms. Griffith well cover the storytelling in "Witches."

There was two witches...a good witch who was Amanda Givens..white witch in that used her powers for only good living in a cabin in the wood of
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Are witches still persecuted in modern times? If you live in a small town where crazy things have been happening and the towns people suspect that you might be a witch, the answer could be yes. In this book, we are shown what it could be like for modern day witches, even good ones, when things go bad. Then, the author flips the coin, taking us to the past and showing us what it was like during historic times when the witch hysteria was in full swing.

We are also shown the difference between good
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
The following review is my opinion and not a paid review. I was given a free copy of the book from the author for my honest opinion.

Amanda Givens is a witch a white witch who lives in the twenty first century and only uses her powers for good. She is a very loving and caring person. She will help anyone she can in any way that she is capable of helping them. She will only use her powers when absolutely necessary and in ways that no one will know what she is doing. Amanda lives alone in a cabin o
Mareena
Jan 16, 2016 Mareena rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes horror
Recommended to Mareena by: Paperback Swap
Shelves:
For my #10 challenge (Reader's Choice), I read Witches by Kathryn Meyer Griffith. Amanda Givens is a white witch - a witch who uses her powers for good. She lives alone in a cabin in the woods of Canaan, Connecticut with her feline familiar, Amadeus. When Amanda is wrongly blamed for a rash of ritualistic murders committed by a Satanic cult, she is inevitably drawn back in time by the ghost of Rachel Coxe, a dark witch who was drowned for practicing black magic in the 17th century.

Now, as Amanda
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
I could hardly wait to delve into the pages of this book when it arrived on my desk. With a blend of horror, mystery and a touch of romance, I found myself engulfed within the covers of Witches. Ms. Griffith writes in such a way that the reader is able to use all of their senses as they read. The descriptions leap off the page and wrap around the readers mind. Amanda is such an easy character to relate to. Even Rachel, with her black magic and dark side, is relatable on certain levels. This is a ...more
cRistina
Oct 15, 2014 cRistina rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: horror fans
Recommended to cRistina by: review-exchange
Witches tells a horrifying tale of the struggle between white and black magic as experienced by the witches whose lives were impacted by one particular event transcends time as a vengeful and consuming darkness. This novel is full of malevolence, wrath, and mystery, yet somehow there are moments of love and purity that ring of sincerity. This juxtapose works well in this exceptionally well written story that vividly portrays a world where evil and good are virtues more complicated than they appe ...more
Kathryn
Aug 05, 2011 Kathryn added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
WITCHES wins Coffee Time Romance Review's CTRR Award
May 1, 2011
FROM COFFEE TIME ROMANCE REVIEWS

Witches by Kathryn Meyer Griffith *wins CTRR Award from Coffee Time Romance and More Reviews*
Written on May 1, 2011 by Kimberly in CTRR Award

Kathryn Meyer Griffith is a name that is probably familiar with most readers. She has been writing for 39 years and has been published for 26 of those. Kathryn has fourteen novels an
Seriously Reviewed

This book is not only about about withes, good or evil. It is much, much more. With a cast of wonderful characters, this paranormal read will keep you on the edge of your seat and guessing until the very last page. It is a very sweet story about witches that could change even the most cynical's mind.

Amanda, a white magic witch has rarely used her powers in recent years. Especially in public. She knows the rules. Every spell costs a price. Big or small. Pub
Toni
Oct 10, 2011 Toni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A tense tale—flashing between centuries and contrasting each sister’s actions as they strive to one more reach each other. The discovery that Joshua will one day become Jake is a nice touch on the reincarnation theory—having it happen in reverse. The addition of Tutuba and Amadeus—one a smart-mouthed little mouse, the other a blue Maltese who’s at least 34, if not older—gives the story a welcome bit of comic relief.

Well-written and characterized, this is a tale of sisterly love, the love between
Kathryn Theulen dailey
"Amazing"
Where does Witches rank among all the audiobooks you’ve listened to so far?
I really like Kathryn Meyer Griffith and the books she writes. This is really one of the better ones I've gotten a chance to listen too. I love audio book because I can cook, clean and work while listening and never have to put a good book down.

What was one of the most memorable moments of Witches?
Amanda, she seems to just want a quiet life. I would too if I was a witch that lived in a cabin out in the forest. I
Amie Gaudet

Length: 10 hours, 50 minutes

Genre: Paranormal Fiction

Release Date: May 31, 2013

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

* I received a free copy of this audiobook from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Two witches living in the same town several centuries apart.

It is the 1700s and Rachel Cox is the talk of the town. They say she is a witch and they whisper whenever she walks by. It is a terrifying time
Emily
Feb 16, 2009 Emily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fresh out of high school, I lost it on a trip to the Bahamas. I hope who ever found it in the airport enjoyed reading it as much as I did. Many years later, I was able to find a replacement copy via amazon store front and oh man I enjoyed re-reading it. I will make sure to keep this copy safe!
Nov 08, 2014 Jennifer rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: unable-to-finish
I attempted to read this book but couldn’t connect with the author’s writing style. In my opinion she has way too much boring exposition of everyone’s life history and children and dull descriptions of endless details that do not move the plot forward or build suspense or create anything in the story (other than a need to nap while reading). The writing is very stock and cliché filled with boring dialogue and lack of effective characterization. I think the author’s idea of character is to descri ...more
April
Jun 30, 2013 April rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was great! The ending was very good, answered all my questions about what was going on. I feel so releaved that ever thing worked out the way it did. Thank you Kathryn Meyer Griffith, for letting this book exist!
Justine Middleton
Apr 29, 2009 Justine Middleton rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was an easy read, but really captivating and exciting. The characters were interesting and well developed. It would make a great beach read.
S.T. King
Written by: S.T. King

If the title, Witches, wasn’t straightforward enough, certainly I hope you’ve enough tools to understand what the novel’s about. Indulge me though for a moment, won’t you please reader? And let me tell you what I’ve got for you anyway.

Witches was originally published in 1993; the edition reviewed is the author revised copy written by Kathryn Meyer Griffith. It’s a paranormal tale about the fascinating world of witches – a world that bears a striking resemblance to our own.

In
Sheri White
Apr 10, 2011 Sheri White rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable story. Review to come at Rise Reviews in the next few days.
Sarah Stevens
I listened to the audiobook version of this book.
The story was good, and on its own merits deserves 4 stars, but the narrator drove me crazy. She would make it sound like the sentence was over and then add "too" as an afterthought.
The rhythm felt off and she read too slow. Because I did like the book, I stopped and tried to go back three different times before giving up. I read other reviews and some people were not bothered by the narrator and others were. My advice? Buy the paperback or kindle
BookLoversLife
Jan 19, 2015 BookLoversLife rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Witches was an awesome book. Amanda is a really strong character and I loved her. She is grief stricken when she looses her husband and that's how she is transported to another time to live out her days as a wicked witch. It's the only time she was vulnerable. She is an extremely strong white witch but she does something silly and loses her powers and can't get herself out of the time period she is sucked into, the time when witches were killed. She has to try to find a way back before she is ki ...more
Carol
Jun 23, 2016 Carol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must Read!!!

Ok, so, I read this book in exchange for an honest review. Let's just say hands down to the author, it was a good book. It would be nice if a second series to this book came about. I think this book was great, well put together! I just was bummed out that she lost her hubby, and her lover, but I'm glad she has some type of happiness in the end :) Thank you for allowing me to read your wonderful book. Can't wait to read some of the rest of your books @Kathryn Griffith
Latasha
the story is right up my alley & was interesting but there was times when the dialogue just didn't seem natural and it took me out of the book. I listened to the audiobook and the narrator was not my favorite. she was too monotone.
Cora
Amanda is a recently widowed white witch. Horrible things are beginning to happen in the town near her home and whomever or whatever is doing the evil deeds is trying to implicate her. As the townspeople turn against her, Amanda finds herself fighting for her life and the lives of people she loves. I liked the story and I liked the character of Amanda. I felt like some of the supporting characters could have been developed a bit more and I was a little disappointed in the final showdown given th ...more
Blake Brown
Aug 15, 2015 Blake Brown rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a good time! I picked this up for free a few months ago and never got around to reading it until recently. I didn't expect to really enjoy it because its seems more targeted toward women but it was an exciting story that I had to finish.
Tammie Tackett
Jan 18, 2016 Tammie Tackett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This audio book was awesome i might listen to it again.
Angela|vanque
I only made it through a quarter if this book. I don't particularly like babies, but I also don't like reading about them being sacrificed and diced up for witchery. I also don't like bubbling stinky steamy animal parts being eaten or used to spells. Don't get me wrong, I love blood and gore, but this satanic ritual witch tale was not the one for me. No thanks.
Tasula
Dec 04, 2010 Tasula rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Witches in modern and "burning" times, love, evil and sacrifice.
Babs
Review to come later
Ashley
Nov 05, 2012 Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This was a great book!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Paranormal and Ho...: Horror novelist pushing Halloween FREE audi & eBooks 12 19 Oct 29, 2014 11:01AM
  • Malice Striker (Viking Vengeance, #1)
  • Halloween
  • Sea Witch (Sea Witch Voyages, #1)
  • Dead Man's Eye
  • Blood Ties
  • House of Illusions
  • Shepherd, Slave, and Vow
  • Voices On The Waves
  • Cat's Cradle (Cat, #1)
  • Little Brothers
  • Burning Up the Rain (Hawaiian Heroes, #4)
  • Tower of Obsidian
  • Hunter (The Silver, #6)
  • Blood in the Valley (Vigilati, #2)
  • Timeless Desire
  • Irish Lady
  • Rising Dark (The Darkling Trilogy, Book 2)
  • The Grail King (Druids of Avalon, #2)
About Kathryn Meyer Griffith…
Since childhood I’ve been an artist and worked as a graphic designer in the corporate world and for newspapers for twenty-three years before I quit to write full time. But I’d already begun writing novels at 21, over forty-four years ago now, and have had twenty-two (ten romantic horror, two horror novels, two romantic SF horror, one romantic suspense, one romantic tim
More about Kathryn Meyer Griffith...