Start by marking “Puppies for Sale” as Want to Read:

Puppies for Sale

A young boy chooses a puppy based on his own humble sense of need and love. An inspirational story, Puppies For Sale delivers a vivid message of human understanding for all ages.
Published June 1st 1999 by Dalmatian Press

Falan Miller
Jan 31, 2016 Falan Miller rated it it was amazing
This book is a MUST read! "Puppies for Sale" brought tears to my eyes. This book is about a little boy who wants a puppy with a messed up hip. The owner strongly advises the young boy to not pick the dog, but the little boy insist on that one for a certain reason. This book is inspiring , because it shows how not to judge someone too quickly and how each one of us is special.

I LOVED this book very much. It now holds a special place in my heart. My family does foster care and this would be a perf
Rosa Cline
May 31, 2016 Rosa Cline rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
This was a very good educational book for adults and children alike. A little boy wants to buy a puppy but doesn't have enough money. So he asks if he can at least see the puppies. The man whistles and the mama and her babies come running except for the littlest one. He is limping and just doesn't run like the rest. The little boy asks about the pup. The man said that he was born missing a hip joint and will never be as good as the other pups. The little boy said that was the pup he wanted. The ...more
Katie Stow
Jan 19, 2017 Katie Stow rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reading-350
This book is about a little boy who is willing to spend all of his money and work out a payment plan to pay for a dog with a missing hip socket. At the end of the book, we find out that the boy is so interested in this dog who will always struggle because the boy himself has a cast on his leg. I thought this book was so sweet and explains empathy so well. I would use this book in my classroom to explain just that.
Nicole
Feb 08, 2016 Nicole rated it it was amazing
I was looking for a brief, meaningful story to complement a Restorative Justice circle around the theme of "acceptance." My lesson plan cited this story, and I was very fortunate to find it online. It's brief, but very meaningful. I am really looking forward to sharing it with my fourth graders to see what they take from it.

On a side note, the story also reminded me of an animated short that my fiance sent me last month. Equally as beautiful, and I encourage you to watch it! The Present
Allison Linsey
Feb 13, 2016 Allison Linsey rated it it was amazing
Puppies for Sale

I LOVED THIS BOOK. The little boy sees a sign "Puppies for Sale" he picks the one that is disabled. When the clerk says no you do not want this puppy because he wont be able to run and play he shows him his disability. This is a great book for kids that have differences.
Missy
Apr 08, 2011 Missy rated it really liked it
This story is about a little boy who is looking for a puppy at a petstore. When the little boy picks a puppy who cannot walk like the other puppies the store owner is confused. The little boy reveals that he is handicapped and that the puppy is just like him. I love this story because it reveals that regardless of the things that make us different from everyone else, each and every one of us is special. I think this is a great book to have in the library for all ages.
Dolly
Mar 09, 2010 Dolly rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, pets, 2010
A short and simple story, it cuts to the heart of value and worth and everyone's need for love. Our girls enjoyed the story very much. The illustrations are done in watercolor and are very expressive.
Elisa
Mar 25, 2008 Elisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
I read this book at Sherries restraunt while I was waiting for my mom to pay the bill. It's so heartwarming and touching. I just loved it!
Kiah Ballard
Jun 24, 2015 Kiah Ballard rated it really liked it
I loved the ending to this book. I would use this book in my classroom to show the students that people with disabilities want to be accepted and welcomed too.
Migs Fiel
Nov 14, 2013 Migs Fiel rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, non-novels
I wish I had the words to describe it.
Santie
Nov 17, 2007 Santie rated it it was ok
I read it on 1998. First collection for inspirational stories.
Charly
Jun 11, 2009 Charly rated it really liked it
It was a great book. And the owner wasn't so fair in this book that's what made it kind of sad. I hope you read this book sometime!
Alida
Dec 14, 2011 Alida rated it it was amazing
Simple, to the point, and heart warming.
Adam good
this is a sad book but at the same time
Puja Agrawal
Puja Agrawal rated it really liked it
May 12, 2015
Salai Lian
Salai Lian rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2013
Melody Palmer
Melody Palmer rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2012
Sohan Yadav
Sohan Yadav rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2013
Haili
Haili rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2016
Gabe
Gabe rated it liked it
May 20, 2016
Val
Val rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2008
George
George rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2016
Boyd Petersen
Boyd Petersen rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2015
Maggie
Maggie rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
C.M
C.M rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2016
nathan c.
nathan c. rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2016
Brittany
Brittany rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2009
Erica
Erica rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Saurabh
Saurabh rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2009
Mahmoud Masoud
Mahmoud Masoud rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2014