Start by marking “All I Want for Christmas” as Want to Read:
All I Want for Christmas

All I Want for Christmas (Toms & Tabbies Tales)

Alexander Dawson thought this Christmas would be a lonely one. He has no way of knowing that his cantankerous cat, Mister Tibbets, will turn a simple online shopping trip into a cataclysmic Christmas conundrum.

Alex ends up on a madcap dash to another state during a snow storm to return a painting to dreamy wildlife artist, Cooper Reynolds. Once he stumbles across Cooper's
Published December 18th 2013 by Torquere Press (first published December 17th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about All I Want for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All I Want for Christmas

Nick Pageant
Sep 11, 2016 Nick Pageant rated it liked it
Shelves: holiday
The last Christmas book of the year and it was a winner. Very funny and with cute cats! My Cat knows how to pick 'em.
Catherine
There are hermaphrodite snowpeople in this one and it's surprisingly funny. Do you really need to know more?
Adrianamae, Marco's fan
3.5

A Merry Little Christmas story where an evil, mischievous cat manages to bring two cautious men together - whether they want it or not. As Mr. Tibbets, the cat, would say, "I shit you not."
Mandy*reads obsessively*

I read and enjoyed this author's An Erie Halloween, so I wanted to give this one a try too.
And after finishing the book, I've decided that this is an author I definitely need to keep an eye on.

I like funny, I like pets, I like sweet and cute, I like an MC who doesn't take himself too seriously and has a good heart.
This book had all of that and more.
Alex runs the senior center in his town, he was outed in a very uncool way by his ex and he adopted a rather peculiar cat. I have to say Mr Tibbets
Veronica /  V
Too silly for me. A cat who ate a receipt, the MC who didn't realized how he bought an Art for $40.000 thinking that it was only 40 dollars? ....and the silliness goes on and on.
Ajax1978
Jan 01, 2014 Ajax1978 rated it liked it
No one else has written a review so I'll go ahead and offer my thoughts.

Alexander was a funny guy that made me smile at the beginning with his clever turns of phrase. By the end of the book, though, I was getting a little tired of his constant snark. It's like watching Kathy Griffin on New Year's Eve with Anderson Cooper. You think, are you like this all the time, Kathy? Calm down. It's gotta be tiring to be constantly on. It's funnier, to me, to have a well-timed joke here and there than to jus
Deeze
When I first tried to read this I ended up putting it down after a few pages. The beginning just didn't grab me. But I really do hate not finishing a book so I decided to give it another try and boy am I glad I did.

I absolutely loved this funny little read. The humour (except the first few pages) really worked for me, mostly Mr Tibbets gets the credit for my chuckling. lol

I really enjoyed the romance side to this, even if it was a bit quick. I enjoyed watching them come together. Despite not be
Lucy
Jul 29, 2016 Lucy rated it really liked it
Recommended to Lucy by: Mandy*reads obsessively*
Very cute MC but Mr Tibbets steals the show. Having had a cat like that, I really appreciated his contribution. Ha!
Katharina
Jan 04, 2014 Katharina rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, humour
On the one hand, this is an absolutely lovely story with an awesome cat and hilarious moments that really made me laugh. That deserves four stars at least.

On the other hand, I had a HUGE problem with the writing. It felt stilted, not only in the narrative, but also in the way people - or more specifically Alex and Cooper - talked to each other. And that is one of my biggest pet peeves, because it makes everything less real and less authentic and less fun.
During the funny parts, the language alm
Melissa
Dec 21, 2014 Melissa rated it really liked it
This was a very cute, funny, sexy Christmas story! The MC's had great chemistry. I loved Mr Tibbets! I would have loved a longer story or another book about this couple.

Meow-she!
CJ - Sensuous Reviews
Jan 18, 2014 CJ - Sensuous Reviews rated it it was amazing
REVIEW:
4.5 Stars

I would like to say that is has been awhile since I’ve had the pleasure of reading such a tongue-in-cheek story as All I Want for Christmas by V. L. Locey. I giggled, out loud, several times at the antics of the cat, Mr. Tibbets, owner of Alex Dawson the main character of this story as told by his point of view. I say a cat owns his human because what Tibbets does to his human as his human meets and falls in love with a painting artist, Cooper Robinson, is deliciously funny, sw
Cathy Brockman
Jan 04, 2014 Cathy Brockman rated it it was amazing
This is another fabulous story by one of my favorite authors. I know if I want a warm, fuzzy feelling sort of story to go check out V. L. Locey. I wasnt disapointed.
Let's begin with the characters. I love Alex. He is such a fun, sweet man. He took a low-paying job as a senior-center director instead of a higher paying job in the city to give back to the community. He did all sorts of extra projects above and beyond his expectations. He is well liked and he has been hurt but he doesn’t believe i
Tyra Berger
Dec 16, 2014 Tyra Berger rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Oh my heck, this was such a fun read. I loved the dynamic between Alex and Cooper, but seriously Mr. Tibbets was my favorite character.

Alex is doing some online Christmas shopping and buys his dad a painting by a well known artist. The problem is that Alex thought the painting was $40.00 when in actuality it was $40,000.00. In a panic he gets in his car to return the painting only to drive into a blizzard.

Cooper is shocked to find a man in his pajamas standing on his porch in the middle of a bli
Jane (PS)
Jan 22, 2016 Jane (PS) rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
The first half had some good possibilities for plot development but the second half seem to fall into a lot of internalisation and unrealistic from my knowledge of relationship building. Both MCs' personalities seemed a bit contradictory at times. With more consistency, the book could have rated higher.
Hearts On Fire Reviews

Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hearts...
Ndulgent Bloggers
Dec 19, 2014 Ndulgent Bloggers rated it really liked it
Dutchgirl
Very enjoyable Christmas read with very likeable main characters and of course the very interesting (cat) Mr Tibbets.
Kira
Dec 19, 2014 Kira rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
freaking adorable, i really enjoyed this book
Hrtnsoul28
Dec 06, 2016 Hrtnsoul28 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
A cute funny story, at times a bit odd. Sometimes it was so silly I would laugh out loud, happy I was at home so no one caught me. The romance was sweet and all I really wanted for Christmas was Mr Tibbets
Ami
Sep 13, 2016 Ami marked it as dnf
DNF at 45%

Thought that it would be an easy read. But apparently, I ended up focusing on typos/wrong details like ... Alex was twenty six in the beginning, then he said he was twenty seven -- and Cooper was supposedly seven years older than Alex's twenty seven, but Cooper said that he was thirty-six. Plus Michael Jordon ... yeah, it was supposed to be Michael JORDAN.

Sorry, I guess I was just not in the mood for this bad editing. Plus the story felt dry :(. Giving it up.
Susan
Dec 25, 2015 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas, mm
A Christmas story with some funny moments. Yes yes, I know Christmas is over. I’m still planning on reading the rest of my Christmas list.

description

Unfortunately I couldn’t get a good feel for… damn, I don’t even remember their names! I read it this morning. Either I’m getting senile or this book is just not worth remembering…

But where was I… right.. looking up the names of these guys…. So, I couldn’t get a good feel for Alex and Cooper (I knew that!).

I thought Alex was pretty stiff at the beginning but a
Elayne
Jan 07, 2015 Elayne rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-bought-books
It's never too late to read a Christmas story. This one was cute, had humour, hot men, and (although I'm not a cat person) some cute cats even though I'd cage Mr Tibbets up every time I left the house. A very Enjoyable read.
Michael
Jan 03, 2015 Michael rated it really liked it
It's probably closer to 3.5 stars but I'm rounding up because of all the laugh out louds I had. I really liked all of the characters.
Curtis
Curtis rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2015
Ramsi
Ramsi rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2014
Shari
Shari rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2016
Rhowena
Rhowena rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2014
Joe
Joe rated it liked it
Nov 25, 2015
Liewen
Liewen rated it it was ok
Feb 27, 2015
Chibisuke
Chibisuke rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2015
V.L. Locey loves worn jeans, belly laughs, yoga, reading and writing lusty tales, walking, Greek mythology, the New York Rangers, comic books, and coffee. (Not necessarily in that order.)

She shares her life with her husband, her daughter, one dog, two cats, two Jersey steers, and a flock of assorted domestic fowl.

When not writing lusty tales, she can be found enjoying her day with her menagerie i
More about V.L. Locey...

Toms & Tabbies Tales (2 books)
  • Early to Rise (Toms & Tabbies Tales #1)