Start by marking “Grace Notes” as Want to Read:
Grace Notes

Grace Notes

3.22 of 5 stars 3.22  ·  rating details  ·  90 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Starting a new life in Vermont after escaping her brutal husband, Grace Loring, now a successful author, is forced to confront her past when she is contacted by a woman who claims to be trapped in the clutches of an abusive madman. Reprint.
Published November 20th 2003 by Mira Books (first published May 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Grace Notes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grace Notes

Sheri
Grace Notes (Charlotte Vale Allen)

Grace Loring is an established author and single mother of a 20 year old daughter. Her marriage ended when her husband became abusive, she packed up grabbed her daughter (Nicky) and headed to her brother Gus' house.

Gus is crippled with severe Rheumatoid Arthritis, Grace is his caretaker while writing her books. She is well noted for her book on abused women and is used to getting emails from battered/abused women. She is not shocked when she receives an email fr
Louise
This is the first Charlotte Allen novel I've ever read. A very well written novel that kept me turning page after page. I was so engrossed with the story of Grace and Stephanie that I felt as if I was at Grace's home. I adored Grace's daughter Nicky who is your typical 20 year old. Grace's 'manfriend' Vinnie is a hoot.I enjoyed this so much that I've already ordered two more of Allen's novels from Chapters on-line.

By the way, Charlotte Allen was born in Toronto, Canada but moved to the U.S. in
Jessica
Horrible book. I skimmed more than half of it, because there was just a lot of wasted words. Fluff. Aside from one brief passage which accurately describes what it's like to be a victim of abuse, this book has nothing of value going for it. Totally predictable. It could have been half as short as it is, to accomplish the same thing, and even then, the story is just awful.
Kellie Poulin leibovitz
A little slow at the beginning but overall was a nice book. It told the story of not only domestic violence but family values as well.
Jenn
I found this one to be rather run of the mill. There weren't really any surprises and the only two characters I really liked were Nicky and Vinnie. But Vinnie was way too patient. He should have lost it with Mom at some point and he never did. Not sure I'd read any other books as it appears they are all in the same vein.
Jeanne
N.m.
This story drags. I finally skimmed through the third quarter of the book to read the ending (which I almost never do), and I didn't miss a thing. There are so many great books out there, I wouldn't want to waste my time on another one like this.
Esther
A page turner, interesting characters. Another review thought the ending was obvious. I had a general idea, but not the details.
Geri Luciano
Quick read, kept my interest...for awhile, then I got bored. It would make a PERFECT Lifetime Movie of the week!
Lauren
Just like a Lifetime movie...slow start, last 20 pages were the most exciting.
Janie
Nov 14, 2013 Janie added it
it was a ok book .have read better
Jackie Simons
Anna Rose
Anna Rose marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Sue
Sue added it
Jun 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Charlotte Vale-Allen was born in Toronto and lived in England from 1961 to 1964 where she worked as a television actress and singer. She returned to Toronto briefly, performing as a singer and in cabaret revues until she emigrated to the United States in 1966.

Shortly after her marriage to Walter Allen in 1970 she began writing and sold her first novel Love Life in 1974. Prior to this book's public
More about Charlotte Vale Allen...
Night Magic Dreaming in Color Parting Gifts Fresh Air Somebody's Baby