Start by marking “A Stolen Heart” as Want to Read:
A Stolen Heart

A Stolen Heart (Lost Heirs #1)

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  572 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Alexandra Ward was raised in America by a family friend and quite unaware of her British birthright. On a visit to England she uncovers her history and fights an attraction to the emotionally wounded Lord Thorpe. Meanwhile, a cousin who'd assumed the family title schemes to make sure Alexandra doesn't live to take the heirship.
Published March 1st 2000 by Mira Books (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about A Stolen Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Stolen Heart

Denise
A surprisingly delightful story that starts the prologue 20 years prior to the main story. We see Lady Chilton, Simone, packing up her three small children along with a locket for each of her daughters and for her son, the family ring of the Earls of Exmoor which belongs to the children's father. Simone's plan is to bring the children to her trusted un-named friend so she can get them safely out of Paris in the middle of the Revolution.

We meet Alexandra Ward, a wealthy American who runs the fa
D.W. Nichols
Aburrida y falta de emoción son dos adjetivos fácilmente utilizables para designar esta novela. Una prosa lineal que se limita a narrarnos los hechos con cadencia monótona sin sumergirse prácticamente en ningún momento en la sicología o los sentimientos de los personajes, reina a sus anchas en cada página. Ni siquiera el argumento, que promete al principio momentos de intriga con un misterio interesante por resolver, consigue sacarnos del sopor de su narrativa.

Poco más voy a decir, excepto que e
garnetyuna
May 21, 2014 garnetyuna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-f, historical
...I'm not going to read the other two books, that's for sure. =__= ...But I wanted to know if John was still alive, so I "kind of" read the second book (skipping a lot of text) and I've read the third book too. =__=
penelopewanders
After a series of books by Camp which I found a little disappointing, I thoroughly enjoyed this one. The unexpected heroine with her wildly independent streak crossing horns with a slightly uncommon hero (uncommon in his love of India etc) makes a good read. The suspense at the core of the tale - is she the grand-daughter or not - is fairly well-kept. At some point it seemed a bit "oh no, yet another attack"-ish, but at least it served to finally thaw the situation. A fun read, I now need to acq ...more
Diane
This is a fun read with an American, Alexandra Ward, arriving in London in 1811. Once she has met Lord Thorpe, both their lives become more exciting! Kidnappings, murder attempts, highwaymen and flights in hot air balloons. Just imagine what happens when they end up in bedrooms together! Lots of laughs for the reader along the way.
Bruna
Dec 19, 2013 Bruna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Im a big fan of Mrs. Camp since I read Suddenly and she absolutely never has disappointed me (and Ive read almost all of her books). I love her humor and the way she makes the romance and plot develop. I felt in love with the characters, especially Sebastian. There are a lot of action in this book and although I agree that some situations are highly improbable I dont mind because I read romance books to have fun and this book is a lot of fun! ...more
Tabetha Waite
I wasn't quite sure if I would like this book at first. I felt it started a little slow, but there was something compelling that kept me turning the pages. While not one of my favorite novels by this author, I did enjoy the mystery and secrecy surrounding the heroine. I find I can't wait to find out what happened to her siblings and if they will ever reunite.
Larisa
RHF book group is definitely refining my taste in HR...made it 40 pages or so into this book and had to stop. Too many anachronisms, even for "just" HR without the prowess of Grace Burrowes or Lisa Kleypas or Julia Quinn, never mind Stephanie Laurens.

So...onto the latest Grace Burrowes book.
Jody
Jan 29, 2012 Jody rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
I thought a surprising story. I was not expecting the suspect. I was expecting who Alexandra really was but was not expecting the person who was trying to destroy her. Also did not think that Lord Thorpe would move in.

Looking forward to the next story.
Lady Tina Michelle
This book was my first for this author. The writing was pretty easy to read and I just fell in love with Thorpe and Alexandra. Their chemistry was pretty amazing. I'm looking forward to reading more from this fabulous author.
Pam
Nov 04, 2007 Pam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story. One of 3 books. Each book is about 3 children that were thought dead but were not. What happened to each child and how they found their grandmother. All 3 books were origional.
alicia
Aug 01, 2011 alicia rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 2011-reads
This was a perfect summer reading book. It was light, enjoyable, funny, and a little mysterious. Much better than I expected it to be.
Isabel Mansfield
I like this author she alway delivers
Manuela
Mar 15, 2011 Manuela rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: storico
Insulso e dimenticabile.

Mcfree
Jun 17, 2013 Mcfree rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed it.
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Eslah
Eslah marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Eliana Houstoun-Boswall
Eliana Houstoun-Boswall rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2016
Taradiddle
Taradiddle rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2016
Diane M Lublinski
Diane M Lublinski rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2016
S.
S. rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Liz
Liz rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2016
Kaitlyn Hematyar
Kaitlyn Hematyar rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2016
Sarah added it
Apr 08, 2016
Desi
Desi marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Mandy
Mandy marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
  • A Woman of Virtue (Lorimer Family & Clan Cameron #3)
  • Wild Sweet Ecstasy (Dennehy Sisters, #1)
  • Wicked (Regency Trilogy, #1)
  • Beguiled (Clan Mackenzie, #4)
  • Masquerading the Marquess (Lords of Intrigue, #1)
  • Red Roses Mean Love
  • Something Sinful (Griffin Family, #3)
  • My Surrender (The Rose Hunters Trilogy #3)
  • Don't Bargain with the Devil (School for Heiresses, #5)
  • The Seduction Of An Unknown Lady (McBride Family #2)
  • The Bridegroom (Captive Hearts, #4)
  • A Little Bit Wild (York Family, #1)
  • Violets in the Snow (Dukes Trilogy, #1)
  • The Pursuit of Marriage (Effingtons, #8)
  • The Passion (Notorious, #2)
  • No Ordinary Groom (Spies and Lovers, #1)
Candace Camp is the New York Times bestselling author of over sixty books.

Her first novel, *Bonds of Love*, was published by Jove Publishing in 1978, under the pseudonym Lisa Gregory. Two pseudonyms (Kristin James and Sharon Stephens)and many books later, Candace writes under her own name Candace Camp and still loves creating stories.

Candace lives in Austin, Texas, with her husband and is the mot
More about Candace Camp...

Lost Heirs (3 books)
  • Promise Me Tomorrow (Lost Heirs, #2)
  • No Other Love (Lost Heirs, #3)