Start by marking “Suburban Renewal ” as Want to Read:
Suburban Renewal

Suburban Renewal

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  94 ratings  ·  11 reviews
After 25 years of marriage and two children, Sam and Corrie Braydon are finally on their own and looking forward to the future. With their anniversary approaching, they take the unorthodox step of really looking at their marriage to determine if they should renew their wedding vows--or call it a day and get a divorce.
Published February 1st 2004 by Mira Books

To ask other readers questions about Suburban Renewal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Suburban Renewal

Carol
This is the second book I've read recently where every other chapter was written from the hero/heroine point of view. this book piqued my interest, because like the couple in the book, my husband and I recently celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary.

So many romance novels end with the start of "happily Ever After" that it was refreshing to read what happens next. The book flashed back 25 years and told the tale of their entire marriage set against the background of events that impacted their l
Marinella
This is a story about a family, but also about all the ties, lies, mediocrity, regrets, fears and gifts, self-giving times, hopes, reassurance and strength that every family is. The book is also interesting for the long time period in which the characters are followed, so it's like reading a summary of american history from the '70 to the '90, and it's a bonus for me.
Beautiful ending, with the revelation of a mistery, that brings the most tortured character to accept a glimpse of hope and devel
stacie
This book should have been called "a couple's marriage journal". It took you through the 25 years of a couple's marriage so far, but it kept my interest. It was a pleasant novel and it was so detailed about their life that it was like we were an extension of the family. A book I would recommend to those who like novels about families.
Laurie D'ghent
A really outstanding book. A story of what a real family is like, filled with painfully flawed characters that are still lovable. Some profanity
Melissa
Excellent family saga about the ups and downs of a family over 25 years. Intriguing.
Kelly
Jan 27, 2015 Kelly added it
Shelves: 5, e-book
I was continually surprised by this book. From the blurb and the first few pages I wasn't sure I even wanted to read it, but I'm glad I did. It was very well written. Although at times I didn't like Corrie too much.
Marcia
Corrie & Sam Braydon reflect on 25 years of marriage. Found the writing uneven and klunky in spots. Thought the his/her view thing would be good (a la the black and white in the Sela Ward program), but it really dragged in the middle. Decisions regarding kids didn’t seem realistic. Floyd a custodian in a school?—he was a paroled felon.

Romances are all about the journey to the inevitable HEA—this journey was too long and tedious.
Katie
This was a very uplifting novel about how important marriage is. It was interesting that the novel took place at my parent's generation and lived in some of the same places I lived. I remember the OK City bombing and a lot more that the book references. It's interesting that so much has happened in the last few decades. This is a story about your next door neighbor. I highly recommend it.
Linda Larsen
Very unpleasant book. You can see the problems coming a mile away. The protaganists are very stupid. And the events that happened in real life at the time of the storyline, which predict to the letter what is going to happen to the characters, are way off. The internet was not fully developed and available to everyone in 1993, for instance. Don't bother.
Beth
The first chapter of this book grabbed me, but the rest of the book didn't hold me. It was a nice story and that's about it.
Neome Czarina
this book is so inspiring. :) good one Pamela
KH
KH added it
Jan 29, 2015
ярослав
ярослав marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Julie Kumar
Julie Kumar marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Lynda
Lynda marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
lmkbigsky
lmkbigsky marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Jbjilljb
Jbjilljb marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Lucy
Lucy added it
Nov 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Pamela Morsi is a USA Today, Waldenbooks, and Barnes & Noble bestselling author of romance. She broke into publishing in 1991 with Heaven Sent and has been gracing readers with at least a book a year ever since. Two of her novels, Courting Miss Hattie (1992) and Something Shady (1996), won the Romance Writers of America's RITA Award, the highest honor in romance publishing, and others have bee ...more
More about Pamela Morsi...
Simple Jess (Marrying Stone, #2) Courting Miss Hattie Bitsy's Bait & BBQ Love Overdue The Cotton Queen