Start by marking “Suburban Renewal ” as Want to Read:
Suburban Renewal

Suburban Renewal

After 25 years of marriage and two children, Sam and Corrie Braydon are finally on their own and looking forward to the future. With their anniversary approaching, they take the unorthodox step of really looking at their marriage to determine if they should renew their wedding vows--or call it a day and get a divorce.
Published February 1st 2004 by Mira Books

To ask other readers questions about Suburban Renewal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Suburban Renewal

Carol
Mar 13, 2012 Carol rated it really liked it
This is the second book I've read recently where every other chapter was written from the hero/heroine point of view. this book piqued my interest, because like the couple in the book, my husband and I recently celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary.

So many romance novels end with the start of "happily Ever After" that it was refreshing to read what happens next. The book flashed back 25 years and told the tale of their entire marriage set against the background of events that impacted their l
Marinella
Jun 01, 2014 Marinella rated it really liked it
This is a story about a family, but also about all the ties, lies, mediocrity, regrets, fears and gifts, self-giving times, hopes, reassurance and strength that every family is. The book is also interesting for the long time period in which the characters are followed, so it's like reading a summary of american history from the '70 to the '90, and it's a bonus for me.
Beautiful ending, with the revelation of a mistery, that brings the most tortured character to accept a glimpse of hope and devel
Marcia
Jun 06, 2012 Marcia rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Corrie & Sam Braydon reflect on 25 years of marriage. Found the writing uneven and klunky in spots. Thought the his/her view thing would be good (a la the black and white in the Sela Ward program), but it really dragged in the middle. Decisions regarding kids didn’t seem realistic. Floyd a custodian in a school?—he was a paroled felon.

Romances are all about the journey to the inevitable HEA—this journey was too long and tedious.
Linda Larsen
Nov 10, 2013 Linda Larsen rated it did not like it
Very unpleasant book. You can see the problems coming a mile away. The protaganists are very stupid. And the events that happened in real life at the time of the storyline, which predict to the letter what is going to happen to the characters, are way off. The internet was not fully developed and available to everyone in 1993, for instance. Don't bother.
Katie
Aug 08, 2008 Katie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-08
This was a very uplifting novel about how important marriage is. It was interesting that the novel took place at my parent's generation and lived in some of the same places I lived. I remember the OK City bombing and a lot more that the book references. It's interesting that so much has happened in the last few decades. This is a story about your next door neighbor. I highly recommend it.
stacie
Aug 04, 2014 stacie rated it really liked it
This book should have been called "a couple's marriage journal". It took you through the 25 years of a couple's marriage so far, but it kept my interest. It was a pleasant novel and it was so detailed about their life that it was like we were an extension of the family. A book I would recommend to those who like novels about families.
Kelly
Jan 02, 2015 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-book, 5
I was continually surprised by this book. From the blurb and the first few pages I wasn't sure I even wanted to read it, but I'm glad I did. It was very well written. Although at times I didn't like Corrie too much.
Beth
Sep 09, 2008 Beth rated it it was ok
The first chapter of this book grabbed me, but the rest of the book didn't hold me. It was a nice story and that's about it.
Neome Czarina
Mar 03, 2012 Neome Czarina rated it it was amazing
this book is so inspiring. :) good one Pamela
Melissa
Sep 09, 2014 Melissa rated it really liked it
Excellent family saga about the ups and downs of a family over 25 years. Intriguing.
Laurie D'ghent
Mar 08, 2014 Laurie D'ghent rated it really liked it
A really outstanding book. A story of what a real family is like, filled with painfully flawed characters that are still lovable. Some profanity
Cindy
Nov 20, 2015 Cindy rated it it was amazing
Pamela Morsi's books just draw you into the character's lives. Hard to put down. Great examination of 25 years of marriage.
Cammie
Cammie rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2012
Brandi
Brandi rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2015
Linda
Linda rated it it was ok
Apr 20, 2009
Emily Wickham
Emily Wickham rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2015
Joan
Joan rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Andra
Andra rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2008
Kylielou
Kylielou rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2016
Jen
Jen rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Rachelle
Rachelle rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2014
Isabel
Isabel rated it it was ok
Nov 12, 2008
Tammy
Tammy rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2009
Linda
Linda rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2012
Missa
Missa rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2012
Julia
Julia rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2013
Faye Filson
Faye Filson rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2014
Laurie Nelson
Laurie Nelson rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2015
Brittany Farrell
Brittany Farrell rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2017
Nancy
Nancy rated it liked it
May 23, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • West Of Bliss (Hannah Garvey Mystery #4)
  • Her Perfect Life (The Reunited Hearts, #1)
  • Her Better Half
  • Redemption (Devereaux #6)
  • Truly
  • The Vow
  • Matilda's Wedding (White Weddings) (Harlequin Romance, No 3601)
  • Close to Perfect
  • The Bridal Veil
  • The Barefoot Bride
  • How to Mend a Broken Heart
  • Ace Jones: Misadventures in a Winter Wonderland
  • Dare to Kiss
  • Make Me a Match, vol. 2 (Make Me a Match)
  • The Bearskin Rug (Jewel Heiss #3)
  • Next Semester
Pamela Morsi is a USA Today, Waldenbooks, and Barnes & Noble bestselling author of romance. She broke into publishing in 1991 with Heaven Sent and has been gracing readers with at least a book a year ever since. Two of her novels, Courting Miss Hattie (1992) and Something Shady (1996), won the Romance Writers of America's RITA Award, the highest honor in romance publishing, and others have bee ...more
More about Pamela Morsi...