Start by marking “Woman Hater” as Want to Read:
Woman Hater

Woman Hater

MOUNTAIN MAN

Everyone in the office described the boss's mysterious older brother as a real woman hater -- an absolute bear of a man. So, when Nicole White had to travel with her ailing employer to his brother's home in Montana, she was prepared for the worst.

What she found was a man more roughly masculine than any she'd ever met. But Winthrop Christopher had been hurt in
Paperback, Silhouette Romance #532, 192 pages
Published October 1987 by Silhouette Books

To ask other readers questions about Woman Hater, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Woman Hater

Jane Eyre by Charlotte BrontëThese Old Shades by Georgette HeyerEmma by Jane AustenSense and Sensibility by Jane AustenWhat I Did For a Duke by Julie Anne Long
Hero much older than the heroine
19th out of 191 books — 98 voters
Lawless by Diana PalmerHeartless by Diana PalmerCallaghan's Bride by Diana PalmerHeartbreaker by Diana PalmerLord of the Desert by Diana Palmer
Favorite Diana Palmer Books
21st out of 61 books — 64 voters

More lists with this book...

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
Dec 17, 2009 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of old fashioned contemporary romance
Recommended to Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) by: HMS
Reading this book this week turned out to be a serendipitous thing. I needed a book like this in my life right now. I'm kind of homesick, overworked, stressed, and tired. And a great book really helps to lighten my load. There are things about this book that I loved that I could go hoarse trying to explain to someone who doesn't 'get' why people enjoy Diana Palmer's writing.

Every writer has a formula. Find me one who doesn't if you want to dispute this statement. Sometimes the formula is disgui
Chantal
A rich girl in disguise! That's how it is when a working girl goes up a mountain to help out her boss and is confronted with a real woman hater. He is attracted to her but other then treat her like crap and kissing and groping the hell out her while of course saying he wants nothing to do with her. He was an ass and or course she forgave him after the big misunderstanding. It was a classic DP read with the virgin heroine who is not too pretty (god I wish more then a couple of them would be beaut ...more
Vashti
Jul 25, 2013 Vashti rated it it was amazing
Wow!,just Wow!This is the Diana Palmer that her long time fans know and love.
This book held my attention from beginning to the very last page.I had a smile upon my face when I finished reading this little gem.
The H/h were the perfect foil for each other.I loved how they played off of each other with the heroine standing firm and giving as good as the H dished out to her.The sexual tension was simply sizzling between these two .
This is Diana Palmer at her very best.
Jenny
Dec 22, 2015 Jenny rated it really liked it
Shelves: heroine-i-adore
Fantastic Christmas romance!
Astraycat
h fell in love with her boss's brother, who was deserted by his ex-girlfriend when he got injured in a car accident.

As usual, H was so stubborn that I wanted to smack him, not to mention all the mean words he spoke to h. Not sure how h fell in love with h, but she did anyway.
Dianne
This was not a book that in being re-published had anything that the modern woman would enjoy. I haven't yet done a google search to see when this was first published, but since the woman is a secretary an d still uses a typewriter and takes stenography and the 'hero' smokes'....well I guess that would make this a true historical wouldn't it?

I tried to get into the story, as it is a common one -man had been discarded harshly by the love of his life after a life changing accident. Woman he meets
Sheila Melo
Jan 30, 2016 Sheila Melo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Revised Classic Diana Palmer

FINAL DECISION: A revised old favorite, MOUNTAIN MAN provides all the classic Diana Palmer tropes. Virginal heroine, woman hating hero who misunderstands and treats the heroine poorly because of it. The characters, however, make this a good read.

THE STORY: Nicole White comes to Montana with her boss for work. They are staying with her bosses older brother who hates women after being burned by a society girl. Winthrop Christopher cannot forget being betrayed and yet he
Amanda Sheila
Jun 17, 2013 Amanda Sheila rated it liked it
Shelves: diana-palmer
Well..

Nicole's been warned. Winthrop, her boss's older brother, is a woman hater. He's wounded by past and he didn't want a relationship. Not to mention marriage. But when she meet him, she fell in love. She want to heal his wounds, hold him and love him. But Winthrop keep pushing her away, even though he feels the same way..

Need more angst! That's what I'm talking about! I want to read Diana Palmer's story where the heroine's hurt or have an accident right after the Hero's rejection, like Lawl
Fiona
DA4Pups
Pretty good read - especially for those who have an addiction to Palmer's books/heroes. H not as horrible as some other Palmer heroes. 3.5 stars
Cherise
Nov 07, 2013 Cherise rated it did not like it
Shelves: harlequin
I was real excited about this one. I love grouchy hermity H and cabin stuck theme, but this one didn't do for me at all despite all the raving reviews from fellow goodreaders.

I cannot connect with either characters. The dialogue seems bland and both characters keep to act differently from one minute to the next they don't seem realistic or logical enough to make me feel like they are real people.

There are classics that can weather time but this one I cannot relate to due to various scenes that
Sommertime
Jul 17, 2016 Sommertime rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Originally published in 1987. I was not surprised to find a lot of tropes common in an 80s romance. The story was a bit outdated and the H was a really big jerk who treated our super sweet h like garbage. There was a lot of push and pull, I love you-I hate you and it got old. I was glad that the h had enough guts to leave the H and make him peruse her if he really wanted her. Even though the book isn't perfect, I enjoyed it in a nostalgic kind of way and give it 3 stars.
Elaine Swinney
Jul 21, 2016 Elaine Swinney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A quick easy read. Story is good and well written. I have been reading Diana Palmer books for years and each one I read I enjoy. Diana Palmer has been one of my go to authors for as long as I can remember. I encourage you to get this book. This book is worth your time and effort. Not spiced with hot love making scenes but the romance is there. This is a book to be read in one afternoon, when there is nothing going on and you need something light to read.
Mary
Feb 03, 2016 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another good one

I always look for Diana Palmer's books this one I don't think I've read before all of her books are to be read over and over again I love the way the hero and heroine get together. I have most of them in paperback now I'm getting them on my kindle fire so I can go back and re-read them I recommend them to my reader friends.
Flavio Braga
Sep 15, 2014 Flavio Braga rated it really liked it
Shelves: fabs-of
The Woman Hater is a nice book to read. It's not that fantastic reading, but it's ok to spend some time with a book (e-book in my case), and have a good time.
The description in the site is what you get. Nothing more. But it's also nothing less.
Winthrop maybe is a jerk. Nick is too much naive.
You can sum the plot, and you have a common but nice story.
Mary Baker
This is one of Diana Palmer's early books which was originally published under the title "Woman Hater." I rarely miss a book by Ms. Palmer and was surprised to find this book on my online library. While it isn't her best, it is still a quick, easy read that provides good escape.
Janet
Aug 14, 2016 Janet rated it liked it
diana palmer always writes books that have strong men and women characters who are not models but are deeply mistrusting men and virginal women in some form. there are things you need to learn like the characters in this story.
Virginia
As I was reading it I kept reminding myself it was published in 1987. I imagine 30 years ago I might have liked it. It had the tortured hero but the heroine is not a modern woman at all.
Gail
Jun 02, 2015 Gail rated it it was ok
this one was a reread - first read in September 1987. Didn't remember a single thing about it. Typical Diana Palmer, she still writes in the same, deadly boring way in 2015.
Bill Ludiker
Aug 10, 2016 Bill Ludiker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Great Read

She has done it again!!! Another great story you won't be able to put down. Loved this story and this author!
Mary Ann
Ms. Palmer does a fine job of writing a romance that supports the value and importance of marriage.
Beth
Oct 16, 2014 Beth rated it it was ok
Not a favorite, but it was ok.
Myla M.
Mar 14, 2014 Myla M. rated it it was amazing
Lovely! I got the ending I want ;-)
Linda
Aug 30, 2016 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!
Kay
Mar 04, 2012 Kay rated it it was amazing
Shelves: print
This is by far my favourite Diana Palmer to date! Nicky and Winthrop both have pain and betrayal in their pasts, and shy away from commitment. I loved how Nicky slowly brought Winthrop some light in his life and how their relationship builds until neither can live without the other. Ms Palmer has a remarkable talent for creativing sizzling chemistry that adds delicious tension that continues at a high level throughout the story.This is one Diana Palmer book that should not be missed!
ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥
Another quick exciting read by Diana Palmer. I adored the characters which I didn't do with If Winter Comes. There's a strong drive to finish this book as soon as you finish the first page and I love those kinds of books.

Definitely better than what I read before and I guess I'll be reading more for her
Dorothy Morawsky
Jan 14, 2014 Dorothy Morawsky rated it really liked it
It was hard to put down, it was so good.
Yossra Ahmad Sameh
Jan 15, 2014 Yossra Ahmad Sameh rated it really liked it
it was cool
Mιss •kαthєяίиє•  Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss®
Just finished it.

It was so good it made me have goosebumps. And that I believe sums up my review, because I don't get that from romance books often. If you love romance and heroes with scars and seek something memorable, then this is your book.
  • House of Mirrors
  • Love's Legacy
  • Caroline's Waterloo (The Best of Betty Neels)
  • The Heart Breaker (Rocky Mountain, #2)
  • Substitute Bride
  • Entwined (The Ten, #1)
  • Rake with a Frozen Heart
  • Redemption
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1)
  • The Playboy Sheikh's Virgin Stable-Girl (The Royal House of Karedes #2)
  • The Sheriff and the Innocent Housekeeper (Historical Western Novella)
  • Lost to the Desert Warrior (The Private Lives of Public Playboys #3)
  • The Fiorenza Forced Marriage (Harlequin Presents #2807)
  • The Winter Heart
  • Gallant Waif
  • Land of Dreams
  • Sheikh's Desert Duty (The Chatsfield, #9)
  • The Greek's Christmas Baby (Kouros Brothers Duo, #2; Greek Tycoons, #3)

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's libera
More about Diana Palmer...

“Well so am I.” She stared at the coverlet. “What I said…earlier,” she faltered, glancing at him and then away. “I was overwrought and tired, and I guess I kind of got carried away.”
“You mistook a chill for true love?”
0 likes
“He groaned her name as he bent, his mouth so tender, so exquisitely gentle with hers that tears ran hotly down her cheeks. He was the world, and everything in it. She loved him so.” 0 likes