Start by marking “Painted Truth” as Want to Read:
Painted Truth

Painted Truth (An Alix Thorssen Mystery #2)

3.36  ·  Rating Details  ·  87 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Getting ready for the summer crowds that she knows will descend on Jackson Hole, Wyoming - and hoping that they're in the mood to buy some of the fine art available for sale in her gallery on the Square - Alix takes some time to do a little white-water kayaking before settling in for business. Aside from a nasty dumping in the river, everything is as it should be until she ...more
Published December 1st 1995 by Walker & Company

To ask other readers questions about Painted Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Painted Truth

Ginney Etherton
This character is almost like the hard-boiled detectives I like, but a lot less romantic. Those guys always have a soft spot for somebody. Alix doesn't seem to have a passion for anything or anyone in her life, except detecting. I get the Nordic repression aspect, but I wanted a catharsis to come much sooner than it did. It's hard to care about a woman who doesn't even visit her horse very often.
Mikaela
Apr 09, 2012 Mikaela rated it liked it
This is another book that have remained unread for awhile, before I got around to read it. ( Ok, I forgot add it to Calibre.) It was also a book that didn't hook me immediately. The setting was quaint, and I liked the characters, but it took me awhile anyway.

I think it has to do with the fact that Lise McClendon took her time building the stakes. As they increased, the illusion that small towns are nice faded. Fast. In fact, I think I'll never view small towns as quaint and cozy again.

But what
Kathleen Hagen
Painted Truth, by Lise McClendon, b-plus, Narrated by Kris Faulkner, Produced by Books in Motion, downloaded from audible.com.

Alix Thornssen, an art expert who helps the police on occasion, is asked to appraise the art collection of Ray Thornton, which burned with her friend’s art gallery in a fire. The issue becomes more complex when Ray thornton’s body is found in the fire, burned beyond recognition. The police initially think that he committed suicide by taking drugs and then starting the fir
Skeeter Jorgensen
Feb 13, 2012 Skeeter Jorgensen rated it liked it
Artists, art galleries art forgeries and murder. Pretty good read, with some bad words, Set in Jackson, Wyo., where the Old West merges with upscale art galleries and white-water rafting, Alix Thorssen is drawn into the case as an appraiser, after a friends gallery burns down. Many twist and turns kept me reading way into the night.
Cindy
Apr 17, 2012 Cindy rated it did not like it
This one just couldn't hold my interest. Too predictable, couldn't connect with main character, just not for me. It wasn't terrible, but there are plenty of better books out there. Jumped to the end, but I had already guessed whodunnit and why.
Jeff Dickison
Dec 17, 2013 Jeff Dickison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good Alix Thorssen tale as she must find a murderer and an arsonist. She is having trouble in her various relationships but won't compromise her principles. Recommended to fans of small mysteries.
scherzo♫
Oct 17, 2015 scherzo♫ rated it did not like it
Shelves: mys-tepids
Too much time in the mind of a woman who doesn't have a thought worth the attention of a gnat. More mind vomit than mind candy.
Becky Arundale
Feb 16, 2012 Becky Arundale rated it liked it
Shelves: own-as-ebook
A captivating mystery with a touch of romance. Beautiful vivid descriptions of Jackson Hole and the surroundings.
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Sara Reber
Sara Reber rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2016
Karolyn B. Dorsey
Karolyn B. Dorsey marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2016
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2016
K.R. Steam
K.R. Steam marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Jackie Shuman
Jackie Shuman rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2016
MaryBeth
MaryBeth marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Patricia Guy
Patricia Guy marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
Erika M
Erika M marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
Mary Lou
Mary Lou marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Bonny Covington
Bonny Covington rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Michelle Boyea
Michelle Boyea marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Jean
Jean rated it did not like it
Jan 26, 2016
Dustyjob
Dustyjob marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
  • The Troubleshooter
  • Frame Up (Knight and Devlin, #2)
  • Footnote To Murder
  • Getting Sassy
  • Adventures of Cash Laramie and Gideon Miles (Cash Laramie & Gideon Miles, #1)
  • The Cart Before the Corpse
  • Sacred Secrets, A Jacody Ives Mystery
  • Capture the Night
  • Murder Over Easy
  • Stardom Can Be Murder (A Charlie Parker Mystery #12)
  • Dog River Blues
  • Wyatt's Revenge
  • 4 Gigs of Trouble
  • The Harvest
  • Arrow to the Heart
  • Baby Doll Games (Sigrid Harald, #5)
  • In Their Blood
  • Wreckers' Key (Seychelle Sullivan, #4)
Lise McClendon is a fiction writer living in the Rocky Mountains of Montana. She has been a film reviewer, a film maker, a journalism professor, and a PR flack. Since her first novel, The Bluejay Shaman, in 1994, she has served on the national board of Mystery Writers of America and the International Association of Crime Writers/North America, as well as on faculty of the Jackson Hole Writers Conf ...more
More about Lise McClendon...

An Alix Thorssen Mystery (4 books)
  • The Bluejay Shaman
  • Nordic Nights (Alix Thorssen Mystery, #3)
  • Blue Wolf