Start by marking “Cat Body Language Phrasebook: 100 Ways to Read Their Signals” as Want to Read:
Cat Body Language Phrasebook: 100 Ways to Read Their Signals

Cat Body Language Phrasebook: 100 Ways to Read Their Signals

3.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  41 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Most humans don’t speak ‘cat,’ so sometimes miscommunication between pets and their people can result in discontented kitties with behavioral problems. At last, help is on hand in the new Cat Body Language Phrasebook.

This small format picture-reference book tackles 100 of the most common types of cat body language.

Divided into categories of cat behavior, including contentm
Published June 7th 2007 by Thunder Bay Press

To ask other readers questions about Cat Body Language Phrasebook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cat Body Language Phrasebook

Anna Webster
Oct 21, 2015 Anna Webster rated it it was amazing
I read the cat bodylanguage phrasebook. It was actually very interesting and I learned a thing or two that I didn't know before. I like the way it categorizes it the little pictures are really cute. there is nothing I didn't really like about it.
Tiia
Jun 16, 2016 Tiia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Kirjan nimen mukaan kirjassa kuuluisi olla sata kissojen elettä. Kirjassa kerrotaan lähinnä kissojen toimintatapoja ja kaikkia niitä käsitellään useamman "luvun" ajan.

Osa kirjassa totena esitetyistä jutuista ei edes ole mitään totuuksia. Yhtenä esimerkkinä "Villikissa on villiintynyt kesykissa". Vaikka toki usein villiintyneistä kissoista puhutaan villikissoina, niin tosiasiassa villikissat ovat ihan oma lajinsa, joka eroaa kesykissoista suuresti.

Kirjassa myös kannustetaan luovuttamaan kissa j
Gretchen
Jul 10, 2011 Gretchen rated it liked it
Shelves: cats
I recently added a new cat to my household, and I was curious about what the interactions between him and my current cat meant. So I picked this book up at Petco for about $11, hoping it would offer some insight.

Cat Body Language Phrasebook: 100 Ways to Read Their Signals contains many colorful photographs that illustrate cats in different positions and interacting with other cats or animals in different ways. The pictures are actually pretty good. Each photo is accompanied by a quotation that
Lucy Morton-smith
Jan 28, 2011 Lucy Morton-smith rated it it was amazing
After pet sitting my friends cats, one of them started exhibiting a behaviour that puzzled me, and I figured I'd get this book to find out that the signals she was sending meant. The book didn't answer my question in the slightest - however it was very informative (on other signals) and easy to read. The body signals are shown with beautiful, clear photographs. It's not for those looking to go into body language deeply, but is more than enough for those curious or those who want to learn to unde ...more
Christine
Nov 26, 2011 Christine rated it really liked it
I loved the pictures in this book. They are beautiful, and let the reader see exactly what the author is describing. In fact there is more space for the pictures than text, but even still I found there was lots of good information and facts to read over. I think this book would be fun and interesting for both kids and adults.
Kirby
Sep 03, 2009 Kirby rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction, 2009
Easy-to-read and understand, nice to browse through book on cat behavior. This is a book I would give to someone considering getting their first feline.
Charise
Aug 06, 2008 Charise rated it it was ok
Some of it was kind of redundant, and a lot of it wasn't really "body language" so much as "why cats do what they do."
Viv
Jan 05, 2012 Viv rated it liked it
A book au surprisingly useful tips. The staring tips were useful
Rosie
Aug 06, 2013 Rosie rated it liked it
My 2 year old son likes this for the pics
Danie Tanaka
Mar 18, 2012 Danie Tanaka rated it it was amazing
adorably informative
Sydney
Sydney rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2016
Sarah rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2016
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Caitlin Sloan
Caitlin Sloan marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
McKenna
McKenna rated it liked it
Oct 16, 2015
Ethan Young
Ethan Young rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2015
Tatiana
Tatiana marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
Ashley Craig
Ashley Craig marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Jessica Liem
Jessica Liem rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Lovely Gullod
Lovely Gullod marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Ann
Ann added it
Feb 19, 2015
Kate
Kate rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Scott Mettlen
Scott Mettlen marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014