Start by marking “Choo Choo” as Want to Read:
Choo Choo

Choo Choo

3.85  ·  Rating Details  ·  114 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Choo-choo! The train is ready to leave. Turn the shaped pages and join in with all the noises the train makes as it travels through the woods, over the bridge, into the tunnel - and all the way to the seaside.
Board book, 16 pages
Published November 5th 2007 by Candlewick Press (first published May 5th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Choo Choo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Choo Choo

The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleBrown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.A Pet Banana by Othen Donald Dale CummingsDear Zoo by Rod CampbellThe Monster at the End of this Book by Jon Stone
Best Toddler Books
351st out of 398 books — 367 voters
The Little Engine That Could by Watty PiperThe Polar Express by Chris Van AllsburgFreight Train by Donald CrewsThe Little Red Caboose by Marian PotterTrains by Byron Barton
Picture Books about Trains
76th out of 127 books — 50 voters

More lists with this book...

Katie
Aug 14, 2008 Katie rated it it was amazing
The day I brought this home, we read it at least 6 times. The chunky cut-out pages are easy for little hands to turn, and the bright bold paintings are quite captivating. The text is simple, yet very dynamic, thanks to the action words (CHOO CHOO; CLACK CLACK; PUFF PUFF). Of Horacek's recent board book series (Beep Beep; Bird, Fly High) this is my favorite. The illustrations are more appealing, and the text reads more naturally and lends itself easier to elaboration and dialogue.
Asho
May 24, 2014 Asho rated it it was amazing
My son threw this book into our bag at the library a few weeks ago and I checked it out with some reservations, thinking that at 27 months he might be getting beyond the chunky board book stage. Turns out I was mistaken. He likes the simple text. The book has only a few words on each page, and I think at this point my kiddo has the book memorized. He always says the words of the last couple of pages along with me. He also really likes that the book's pages are cut out to match the scenery. The t ...more
Karin Feeney-Cass
Apr 13, 2016 Karin Feeney-Cass rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
I don't write enough reviews of children's books but I wanted to take a minute to say how truly delightful "Choo choo" is. It's enjoyable for boys and girls alike and there is so much to talk about in Horacek's illustrations. The pages are fun to turn, the words are fun to read. It''s one of the few books I recommend for kids going through a train phase (no parts or characters to memorize!) We've had it for 9 years and it still delights.
Whitney
Feb 17, 2014 Whitney rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite-toddler
Very short board book. It was fun making the noises for the choo-choo train. Cassie enjoyed this book.
Robin
Jul 06, 2016 Robin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jns
Great die-cut pages
Amanda
Sep 09, 2011 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid-s-books, 1-2-yr
My 20 month old daughter LOVES this book. I cannot count how many times we've read it. She's always been fascinated with the trains near our house and said "woo-woo" when she heard them, but after this book, it is "dhoo-dhoo!" Just a few easy words per page, bright illustrations and peek-through cutouts really make it great for busy toddlers. I'd buy it since she loves it so much, but I know their tastes change quickly at this age.
Sylvester
Dec 22, 2013 Sylvester rated it it was amazing
4* art
5* story/concept

Squirt loves train sounds. And this book is clever - the holes for the tunnels are a big hit, as are the jagged mountains. Definitely a favorite.
Alisa
Apr 02, 2012 Alisa rated it really liked it
Liam loves this little book. It's fun to find the ball at the end, and they love the pages with the holes cut out for the tunnels. We read it numerous times each day. And fun sounds of the train and cutouts of the countryside.
jacky
Aug 02, 2011 jacky rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lib-lew, board-books
This is an alright train book. I did like that the pages are shaped to match the landscape, and the whole in the page for the tunnel. Otherwise the illustrations and text are just average.
Lucia
Sep 27, 2008 Lucia rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: parents/teachers of babies and toddlers
Recommended to Lucia by: library
A great board book for read-aloud!! I love the way the pages are cut out to make it easier to turn the pages, and yet were part of the scenery/illustrations.
Leslie
Jul 17, 2013 Leslie rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
My son is a big train fan, so he really enjoyed reading this again and again. I thought the pictures and page shapes of this board book were well done.
Wilder
May 07, 2009 Wilder rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books

My 10 month old baby really likes this book! I wish you could ride the train through the mountains to the beach!
Tricia
Aug 03, 2008 Tricia rated it really liked it
would be great for toddler's train time program. may recommend for storytelling collection.
Allyson Foster
Jul 12, 2011 Allyson Foster rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful like book, sparce evocative words and beautiful illustrations.
Melanie
Mar 25, 2010 Melanie rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
What a cute book with fun cut-outs in the pages!
Huda
Apr 19, 2010 Huda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: en-pic-books
كتاب للفطماء، عن رحلة سريعة على القطار
K Folkins
K Folkins rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2016
Simeon
Simeon rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2016
Grace Hampton
Grace Hampton marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
April
April rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2016
Levi
Levi marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Theresewhatever
Theresewhatever marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
 Barb Bailey
Barb Bailey rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2016
Rachael
Rachael rated it liked it
May 23, 2016
Joshua White
Joshua White marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Petr Horáček is the author-illustrator of LOOK OUT, SUZY GOOSE and SILLY SUZY GOOSE, as well as RUN, MOUSE, RUN!; BIRD, FLY HIGH; A NEW HOUSE FOR MOUSE; and STRAWBERRIES ARE RED. He lives in England.
More about Petr Horáček...