Start by marking “Choo Choo” as Want to Read:
Choo Choo

Choo Choo

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  91 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Choo-choo! The train is ready to leave. Turn the shaped pages and join in with all the noises the train makes as it travels through the woods, over the bridge, into the tunnel - and all the way to the seaside.
Board book, 16 pages
Published November 5th 2007 by Candlewick Press (first published May 5th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Choo Choo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Choo Choo

Katie
The day I brought this home, we read it at least 6 times. The chunky cut-out pages are easy for little hands to turn, and the bright bold paintings are quite captivating. The text is simple, yet very dynamic, thanks to the action words (CHOO CHOO; CLACK CLACK; PUFF PUFF). Of Horacek's recent board book series (Beep Beep; Bird, Fly High) this is my favorite. The illustrations are more appealing, and the text reads more naturally and lends itself easier to elaboration and dialogue.
Asho
My son threw this book into our bag at the library a few weeks ago and I checked it out with some reservations, thinking that at 27 months he might be getting beyond the chunky board book stage. Turns out I was mistaken. He likes the simple text. The book has only a few words on each page, and I think at this point my kiddo has the book memorized. He always says the words of the last couple of pages along with me. He also really likes that the book's pages are cut out to match the scenery. The t ...more
Whitney
Very short board book. It was fun making the noises for the choo-choo train. Cassie enjoyed this book.
Amanda
My 20 month old daughter LOVES this book. I cannot count how many times we've read it. She's always been fascinated with the trains near our house and said "woo-woo" when she heard them, but after this book, it is "dhoo-dhoo!" Just a few easy words per page, bright illustrations and peek-through cutouts really make it great for busy toddlers. I'd buy it since she loves it so much, but I know their tastes change quickly at this age.
Sylvester
4* art
5* story/concept

Squirt loves train sounds. And this book is clever - the holes for the tunnels are a big hit, as are the jagged mountains. Definitely a favorite.
Alisa
Liam loves this little book. It's fun to find the ball at the end, and they love the pages with the holes cut out for the tunnels. We read it numerous times each day. And fun sounds of the train and cutouts of the countryside.
jacky
This is an alright train book. I did like that the pages are shaped to match the landscape, and the whole in the page for the tunnel. Otherwise the illustrations and text are just average.
Lucia
Sep 27, 2008 Lucia rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents/teachers of babies and toddlers
Recommended to Lucia by: library
A great board book for read-aloud!! I love the way the pages are cut out to make it easier to turn the pages, and yet were part of the scenery/illustrations.
Leslie
My son is a big train fan, so he really enjoyed reading this again and again. I thought the pictures and page shapes of this board book were well done.
Wilder

My 10 month old baby really likes this book! I wish you could ride the train through the mountains to the beach!
Tricia
would be great for toddler's train time program. may recommend for storytelling collection.
Allyson Foster
What a beautiful like book, sparce evocative words and beautiful illustrations.
Melanie
What a cute book with fun cut-outs in the pages!
Huda
كتاب للفطماء، عن رحلة سريعة على القطار
Ian
Ian added it
Aug 22, 2015
Aiyah
Aiyah marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Rachel
Rachel added it
Jul 29, 2015
Cailin
Cailin added it
Apr 12, 2015
Addie
Addie marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Kerry
Kerry added it
Jan 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Petr Horáček is the author-illustrator of LOOK OUT, SUZY GOOSE and SILLY SUZY GOOSE, as well as RUN, MOUSE, RUN!; BIRD, FLY HIGH; A NEW HOUSE FOR MOUSE; and STRAWBERRIES ARE RED. He lives in England.
More about Petr Horáček...
Butterfly Butterfly: A Book of Colors Silly Suzy Goose Look Out, Suzy Goose The Mouse Who Ate the Moon Puffin Peter