Start by marking “Valentine's Night” as Want to Read:
Valentine's Night

Valentine's Night

Sorrel Llewellyn was nothing if not determined. And she'd determined to marry dependable Andrew--despite her parents' strong reservations.

Enter Val, a distant relative from Australia, with a will as strong as Sorrel's and designs on her heart.

As there was no room for visitors at home, Sorrel and Val ended up sharing a Welsh farmhouse in the midst of renovation. Conditions
Published January 1st 1996 by Harlequin Books (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Valentine's Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Valentine's Night

boogenhagen
KC
Despite the simple plot and the lack of high tension, I still enjoyed this lighthearted romance. Naughty times are almost always guaranteed when the hero and heroine are snowed in together in a remote cabin.

Val was an easy-going hero with a good sense of humor. Sorrel was a very sensitive heroine who tried my patience a little. I liked her, but felt she should have outgrown her childhood fear a while ago. (view spoiler)
Jenny
Dec 13, 2015 Jenny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very romantic angsty love story.
IamGamz
After reading quite a lot of heavy vintage HP's this one came as a real treat. It's fun, light hearted and the dialogue between the h and H kept me chuckling.

The H's family is expecting a visit from a distant Australian family member named Val. Everyone assumes that Val is a woman and due to circumstances they send Sorrel, the h, to stay with her at their uncle's uninhabited farmhouse.

Sorrel is alone and waiting at the farm when a surprise snowstorm hits bring with it Val. Only Val is not Vale
Tishea Davis-hackamack
I will probably donate this book. The female character was too weak-minded and willed for my taste.
Tatiana Stefan
3.5 stars I enjoyed the story. I gave it a 3.5 as there wasn’t too much tension and angst (although the penultimate scene was a bit heart-wrenching whew! There’s your tension/angst right there! ) The story was not too convoluted. H was a sweetheart in that he wasn’t like other vintage alpha H’s Im used too hahaha. Other than him being rich and successful he wasn’t really mean or insulting or rapey to the h (although he was a tiny bit alpha I guess since he was doing what he did for h’s (and his) ...more
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
It was almost a 4- giving it a 3.5. Some of this was just silly as a back story and the heroine is basically unrealistic. However, she's still likeable and there was plenty of hot build-up tension. All that buildup and small details when it happens, but this seems typical with Harlequins. The hero is attractive enough and I like his joking, confident personality. He won't let the fiance part die though and harps too much on it. Personally I would have been extremely irritated with my family at t ...more
Pam
Feb 13, 2015 Pam rated it really liked it
Love Penny Jordan. 4.5 There was a small part I felt uncomfortable with. so not a five. However The hero was great and The Heroine finally got some moxie . Yes it was probably somewhat far affected but fantasy can be good.
Kinga
Jan 15, 2017 Kinga rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Penny Jordan most is király(nő) volt, mint mindig. Ismét sikerült egy olyan történetet alkotnia, ami a romantika mellett pörgős és humoros is volt (nagyon jókat szórakoztam, ahogy Val kitartóan makacsul és kedvesen pimaszul próbálta letörni azt a bizonyos falat ;)).
Tia
Dec 05, 2011 Tia rated it really liked it
Once again another great one from Penny. I re-read this one, as I originally read it a few years back. I still liked it! I just can't get over why anyone would get engaged to a person who doesn't have their whole heart.
Tishke
Nov 18, 2016 Tishke rated it really liked it
Another light, easy to read story. Likable character. Even though it is not a Christmas book, the winter setting and the feel good story makes it an appropriate book to read at this time.
Grace Harwood
Jun 28, 2013 Grace Harwood rated it it was amazing
I've read so many Penny Jordan romances now and yet it never ceases to amaze me that a woman who had 185 novels published within the somewhat restrictive requirements of the Mills and Boon publishing house should manage to come up with new and original storylines every time.

"Valentine's Night" is a wonderful example of this. The story relates how Sorrel, engaged to be married to the somewhat insipid Andrew, gets conned into looking after her cousin "Val" for a few nights. Due to lack of accommod
Sophie D
May 26, 2014 Sophie D rated it liked it
This was not what I was expecting out of this book but it was pretty good.
Malsha
Jul 23, 2013 Malsha rated it it was ok
I usually love Penny Jordan's books. But this was unrealistic. I found myself shaking my head a couple of times and even found myself rolling my eyes. Conversations were kinda weird and unreal.
Samantha Brady
Nov 28, 2012 Samantha Brady rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
This one did not have a bunch of arguing. I liked this story so much better then the others. Great story plot.
Gerry Humes
Jan 10, 2016 Gerry Humes rated it really liked it
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Pratibha
Pratibha rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2014
Ajirudh Vl
Ajirudh Vl rated it it was ok
Mar 09, 2013
Kaitlin
Kaitlin rated it liked it
May 08, 2011
Lynsey A
Lynsey A rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2010
Charlee
Charlee rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2013
K. Bell
K. Bell rated it did not like it
Jul 13, 2014
~Sara~
~Sara~ rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2011
Andrea Martinez
Andrea Martinez rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2015
Annemouley
Annemouley rated it it was ok
May 24, 2016
Lesley-gail
Lesley-gail rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2010
Sanya
Sanya rated it it was ok
May 10, 2012
Phaedra
Phaedra rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2013
Monique
Jun 07, 2016 Monique rated it it was ok
Star Rating: ★★☆☆ ...more
Miriam Martinez
Miriam Martinez rated it it was ok
Feb 12, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
19687
Penelope Jones Halsall
aka Caroline Courtney, Annie Groves, Lydia Hitchcock, Melinda Wright

Penelope "Penny" Jones was born on November 24, 1946 at about seven pounds in a nursing home in Preston, Lancashire, England. She was the first child of Anthony Winn Jones, an engineer, who died at 85, and his wife Margaret Louise Groves Jones. She has a brother, Anthony, and a sister, Prudence "Pru".

She had
More about Penny Jordan...