Start by marking “MIND MGMT, Volume Three: The Home Maker” as Want to Read:
MIND MGMT, Volume Three: The Home Maker

MIND MGMT, Volume Three: The Home Maker (MIND MGMT Volume Three)

With Meru and Lyme’s partnership destroyed, the players go their separate ways in a series of interconnected one-shots revealing each character’s hidden past! As the former team continue their investigations separately, the Eraser sets her sights on a valuable new recruit—Meru!

Collecting: MIND MGMT 13-18
Published May 21st 2014 by Dark Horse Comics

To ask other readers questions about MIND MGMT, Volume Three, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about MIND MGMT, Volume Three

Saga Deluxe Edition, Volume 1 by Brian K. VaughanMs. Marvel, Vol. 1 by G. Willow WilsonSaga, Volume 3 by Brian K. VaughanRat Queens, Vol. 1 by Kurtis J. WiebeDaytripper by Fábio Moon
Favorite Graphic Novels of 2014
16th out of 65 books — 31 voters
Uzumaki by Junji ItoMIND MGMT, Volume One by Matt KindtFerragosto Bk 1 by Jonathan David LangeMIND MGMT, Volume Three by Matt KindtMIND MGMT, Volume Four by Matt Kindt
Comics by Only One Creator
4th out of 12 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

David Schaafsma
Sep 19, 2016 David Schaafsma rated it really liked it
The whole series I like very much. This one is a collection of back stories that I assume come together in Volume 4.
X Colton X
Sep 15, 2016 X Colton X rated it it was amazing
It's like Matt Kindt took all of his best ideas he'd be holding onto for decades and threw them all into one series. Can't wait to see what else he's got in store.
Peter Derk
Apr 21, 2016 Peter Derk rated it liked it
Alright, Matt Kindt. You better not be pulling a LOST on me here. I'm trusting you, man.
Andre Habet
Oct 16, 2016 Andre Habet rated it really liked it
one of the most consistently innovative comics I've read. kindt has a gift for making really engaging characters enter out of nowhere but fit perfectly within the world of mind mgmt. especially liked the last two issues of this volume as Meru steps up and we meet the only happy former mind mgmt agent.
Pamela
While I loved the last two volumes of Matt Kindt's extraordinary Mind MGMT, I felt a bit let down by the third volume, merely liking it instead of adoring it. Kindt's art is marvelous, as usual, but since the story deviates from Meru's narrative and starts jumping around to various sleeper agents, I found it more difficult to hold on to all of the threads in the story. This is, of course, made particularly difficult when the whole conceit of the series is that your mind cannot be trusted and nei ...more
Sonic
Sep 08, 2014 Sonic rated it really liked it
I will be honest here, ... this feels like Mr. Kindt ran out of story and felt he needed to keep this whole MIND MGMT thing going, that, or I just cannot see the big picture and this is a transitional piece that is going to lead to some real fireworks down the road.
But I have been enjoying the overall premise here so I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt.
I DO find his margin writing to be an interesting added dimension, but I also find it annoying to keep turning the book sideways to r
Artemiy Nizovtsev
Jun 07, 2016 Artemiy Nizovtsev rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, dark-horse
I didn't like this volume as much as the first two. The story kind of lost me here — there are new agents being introduced, but they are not that interesting, and the storytelling got somewhat less refined, more sporadic and impatient, as if Kindt wanted to dump a whole bunch of new information as quickly as possible before going into the next arc. I still like the series, but this volume was definitely not my favourite.
Ithlilian
Mar 24, 2016 Ithlilian rated it liked it
It's losing me. The plot seems to be focused on picking up additional agents, but they aren't very compelling. The main character in this arc didn't interest me at all, and everyone and everything else felt clinical. I like the case files but I don't want the entire volume to read like a case file. It lacks emotion and connection, and there's no over reaching plot progression here either. Hoping for more with the next volume.
Lora
Jul 16, 2014 Lora rated it liked it
I'm not sure why I keep reading these. I don't love them. I really dislike the artwork and the story is hard to follow. I do have to say that the covers in this book I liked much more than usual and the story is getting a twee bit more comprehensible so I might read book 4.
Maria Kramer
I love the introduction the Housewife Five - agents planted as moles in suburbia. Such a fun concept!
Jessica
Dec 02, 2016 Jessica rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Aaaahhhh, the sage continues. This book was easier for me to follow as I had just finished the last edition of this story and knew all the characters and what was going on.

Art is spectacular. Really added to the story.
Mrs. Crichton
Dec 01, 2016 Mrs. Crichton rated it liked it
I like this series--it's interesting--but I find it too easy to put the books down in between volumes. This is not a series I want to chow through quickly.
Daniel
Nov 29, 2016 Daniel rated it really liked it
Most engaging sci-fi graphic novel series I've read to date.
Jack Vinson
Oct 09, 2016 Jack Vinson rated it liked it
The most recent edition of the Mind Mgmt series, focusing on the story behind Meru, the confused writer at the center of the story. (A friend mentioned the artwork can be difficult, and in this book, I got lost a few times between Meru and other female characters - the story jumps around, as fits the overall concept of a hidden mind control organization.)
megan-redwitch
Sep 18, 2016 megan-redwitch rated it liked it
still good but didn't advance the story much w. this one so not quiet as interesting to me overall but enjoyable enough to read. continue to like the style & story though, & the artwork of a lot of this one was particularly ironic / sarcastic in a fun way, so there was that...also especially enjoyed the post-main-plot chapter in this one quiet a lot.
Ritinha
Sep 18, 2016 Ritinha rated it it was amazing
Mais um delicioso Ovo Kindt: um comic, uma surpresa portentosa e a garantia da qualidade esperada.
Wayne McCoy
Jul 14, 2014 Wayne McCoy rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
'Mind MGMT, Vol. 3: The Home Maker' feels a little uneven compared to previous volumes, but it's still manages to mess with your mind. If you're not familiar with Mind MGMT, you can't start with this one. It closely follows events in the last volume and even that is a bit hard to grab onto at first.

The book starts with a series of clever recipe cards for explosives and ricin laced sweet tea, then zooms in on what seems like domestic bliss. Sort of bliss. There are some missing valuables and a kl
Christopher
Sep 13, 2016 Christopher rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Some jaw-dropping layout and art (particularly the novelist section), but the thread of the story unwinds a bit in the digression this section features.
Katie
Jan 28, 2016 Katie rated it liked it
The notes added along the edges of the illustration are a bit more flair than substance this time, as they're the directions to the Russian's field guide for agents & the journal entries of a young girl. Interesting, but not essential to the storyline. Still a good story, if a bit disjoined...trying to tie in all of the individual backstories & keep track of what is happening currently, as well as the different player's motivations makes it a little tough to remember everything.

Meru has
Cale
Jan 07, 2015 Cale rated it liked it
This volume takes a step back from the more story-focused second volume, going off in any number of directions. There's another agency like Mind MGMT, the Matryushka, that comes into play, and plots orbit that a bit, but it doesn't resonate as powerfully as the through line of Volume 2 did. Especially with digressions like Lyme's version of events hinted at in Volume 1, and an issue-long introduction of a new character who seems like she won't actually be important to the overall story (although ...more
Sep 12, 2015 Laura rated it really liked it
Continuing from volume 3, we find out a lot more about the Eraser. Each volume also includes more and more agents and a little about their background that develops the overarching plot.

The main story here is the Eraser and her gang (to re-establish mind mgmt, to do it right this time) vs Lyme and his gang (to keep mind mgmt disbanded, to keep that much dangerous power separated).

The thing about this series that really adds to it's originality but also makes it trickier to read, is that there are
Fran
Nov 22, 2014 Fran rated it liked it
Realised that this was due back at the library, so read it in the afternoon. Which is just what happened with the previous volume. I'm, again, grateful for the little recap at the start of the book. I did really like this volume, but it felt more filler than previous ones and also more confusing. I feel like I'd benefit from a re-read of this series too before going any further, as I know there was something from the previous volume that connected to this and I didn't fully make the connection. ...more
Alan Chen
Jul 23, 2015 Alan Chen rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
Kirsti
Plane crash, murders, sleeper agents, spy wars, an animal empath, and . . . housewives. Same fever-dream quality as the first two volumes. At least this one has a quick summary of the previous books' events so you can remember what happened in those. Which is an interesting choice in a comic-book series that's about remembering and forgetting and repression and implanted memories. Also, I enjoyed the Richard Scarry parody art.
Erik
May 22, 2015 Erik rated it liked it
It's a good concept - spies with super powers on the run from a secret organization. I like the quick stories at the back of each issue that give more information on this world and the characters. The page layout (issues sometimes have separate stories running across the bottom of the page, others have relevant information in the margins) is interesting, although I can see a lot of people disliking it. It's intriguing enough that I'd like to see where it goes.
Peter Orvetti
Aug 23, 2016 Peter Orvetti rated it really liked it
Another great entry in the brain-bending series. Kindt's art -- which combines abstracted colors with extremely detailed lines -- sets the unsettling mood of the series. This volume shows the main characters off on their own journeys, with their earlier collaboration extinguished, at least for now. A fun element of this collection: Each issue's cover is in the style of a dated "homemaker"'s magazine, with helpful household tips for brainwashing, eliminating enemies, and the like.
Matt Trowbridge
May 16, 2015 Matt Trowbridge rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This was the weakest installment of Mind MGMT yet, but I think the art and the overall creativity make up for the flaws in the story. It's clearly a tale with a slow build and I'm sure parts of this volume will be important in volumes to come. Also, any book with a veiled reference to The Beatles is okay by me.
Craig
Apr 24, 2014 Craig rated it it was ok
I love this series, but this volume just didn't work for me. This is the first time a story wasn't wrapped up at the end. In fact, it just suddenly stopped, mid-scene. Hopefully, that wrap-up is coming in Vol. 4, but it leaves this volume ( and this reader) hanging. I was disappointed, the first time this has happened to me with a Matt Kindt project.
Joe
Jun 29, 2015 Joe rated it liked it
Same old, same old. Mind MGMT remains an interesting tale, but there's such a reliance on revisiting or reframing the same aspects of the story time after time that each volume starts to feel redundant ("Haven't I already read this?") The result is both repetitive, but also it slows down the pace of the narrative, which makes for a frustrating read.
Mike Marlow
Oct 05, 2014 Mike Marlow rated it it was amazing
Some comics falter a little (or a lot) after a while; it can be hard to maintain the quality of writing consistently over time. This is not one of those books. This volume goes back into the past, showing us some of where Meru comes from and a little of how Mind Mgmt worked. And it's just as good as the first two volumes.
  • The Fade Out: Act Three

• MIND MGMT, Volume Two: The Futurist
  • MIND MGMT, Volume Four: The Magician
  • MIND MGMT, Volume Five: The Eraser
  • MIND MGMT, Volume Six: The Immortals

“Personal emotions should be carefully monitored. Emotional ties are to be exploited but never felt.” 1 likes
“Mix ingredients. Close bottle with a cork and fix cloth rags around the mouth. Soak rag in kerosene immediately before use. Light and enjoy!” 0 likes