Start by marking “Little Darlings” as Want to Read:
Little Darlings

Little Darlings

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  157 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Primrose, Cassian and Daisy Darling are very bad children. Papa Darling and Mrs Darling (the children's mum scarpered long ago) both know that child-rearing is a task best performed by experts, not parents. Unfortunately, the Darling family nannies never last long, for quite obvious reasons.
Published December 1st 2004 by Puffin Bks (first published March 25th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Little Darlings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Darlings

Ruhama
Another book to schlep to kids who like Lemony Snicket. The Darling children have known nothing but nannies for most of their lives, and know how to thwart most of them, too. Despite the nannys’ best intentions (burnt custards, being sent to bed early with no dinner, etc.), the children have managed to get themselves onto the nanny blacklist, and one evening, Mr. Darling is desperate for someone to watch the children while he and Mrs. Secretary Darling go out. He calls AAA Aardvark Child Minding ...more
Blue Trees
Had great potential, but didn't quite deliver.
I bought this book a few years ago and only managed to finish it now. It's a very hard book to read, and it took many tries. The reason is simply that it's /boring/. I loved the characters, I loved the idea, and yet it was written in a manner that I couldn't get into. It's one of those books that you read one page and you look at the book and think "ugh...do I really have to read this?". The only reason I forced myself to finish it was because I was
Aiyana
Little Darlings is the tale of three siblings Daisy, Cassian and Primrose who have had it with nannies. They have however gotten used to their father disappearing for months at a time, so, they basically live life on their own. Until they encounter a very strange nanny, who actually shows them kindness. This leads to an adventure that none of them expected. The Little Darlings will never need nannies ever again.

I picked this book up because I needed a humor book to read, and the cover looked in
T2
A very good book that i really enjoyed. A well told story for children

Three children named Daisy, Cassian and Primrose run away in the back of a robber's car who got into their house by pretending to be a nanny from AAA Aardvark. They rode in the back of the car to a cargo ship where they were discovered.

After making it clear that they were staying aboard they find out that the ship is broken down. The chief engineer's stuffed bear was torn into five pieces and the engineer refused to start the
Victor Méndez
No me agradó mucho. Una historia con poco argumento. Creo que no es ni interesante para los niños. Le falta algo y creo que tiene que ver con que los personajes son pobres. Las situaciones se perciben fuertes, pero no terminan de enganchar. Un mal libro. Lo único que me gustó fue... creo que nada. Ah, y tiene una fuerte inspiración en el libro de Lemony Snicket, Una serie de catastróficas desdichas, pero no le hace nada de justicia. Muy malo.
Katy
I am in no way responsible for bringing up these children. This enables me to absolutely love all three of them. And all the rest of the characters, the narrator's friendly style of writing, and the entertaining silliness of the whole adventure.

I am in the process of bullying my little sister into reading it, because every good child should. And every parent, to put their children's behaviour into perspective. This book is going to stay as one of my favourites and I'll probably get distracted by
Anna Hirssig
I do not know what I want to say about this book. It was very interesting, and the plot was really fun to follow, but I just do not know what I think about it. I rated it three stars because it engaged me as a reader, and it was very entertaining. The twists that the author throws in there were very weird, and made me feel awkward at times. I think that is why it was intersting. Great Job Llewellyn, it was a good read!
Alyssa
This book is boring just all about weird nannies I don't get it at all. Tried finishing this 6 or 7 times but I can't. I just can't. It was too boring for me.
Traci
Very very cute. I'm not sure that the children's age group that it was written for would understand everything, but it was really kinda good.
Debbie
An interesting little tale in the vein of The Series of Unfortunate Events, though more sophisticated and less formulaic.
Quigmeister
Oct 05, 2008 Quigmeister rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: ages 8-15
Three mischevous kids, specializing in getting rid of nannies are captured by a not so ferocious band of robbers.
Meghan
Sep 26, 2007 Meghan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
I loved this book but i think Sam lewellyn let himself down on the 3rd and 2nd ones they get boring too quickly!
Christina
I need to read this book agian. When I read it in third grade, I was too young to realy apreciate it.
Emily
More than a little random, but you really had to wonder where the idea for it came from.
Molly
Funny book.
☯Bettie☯
Rebecca Owen
Rebecca Owen marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Maxine Hammett
Maxine Hammett marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Simy Marsters
Simy Marsters marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Orla Sullivan
Orla Sullivan marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Arnavi
Arnavi added it
Aug 06, 2014
Julia Catherine
Julia Catherine marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Yami Ortega
Yami Ortega marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Harry and the Wrinklies
  • Scribbleboy
  • Measle and the Wrathmonk
  • Wishful Thinking (The Misadventures of Benjamin Bartholomew Piff, #2)
  • Olivia Kidney
  • Dog Friday
  • The Faerie Door
  • The Ink Drinker
  • I Left My Sneakers in Dimension X (Alien Adventures, #2)
  • Alan Mendelsohn, the Boy From Mars
  • The Doomspell (Doomspell, #1)
  • The Thornthwaite Inheritance
  • The Mennyms (Mennyms, #1)
  • The Abominables
  • The Only Thing Worse Than Witches
  • The Road to Fablehaven: Seeking, Finding and Using Your Best Talents
  • Witch's Business
The Well Between The Worlds (Lyonesse, #1) Darksolstice (Lyonesse, #2) The Sea Garden Dead Reckoning Bad, Bad Darlings