Start by marking “The Case of the Vanishing Fishhook (Hank the Cowdog, #31)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Case of the Vanish...

John R. Erickson

The Case of the Vanishing Fishhook (Hank the Cowdog #31)

Even after an exhausting morning defending the ranch, Hank still has energy left for a fishing trip. But what starts as a routine expedition turns into a first-class crisis when Hank reels in more than he bargained for. A fishhook finds its way into Hank's stomach, which is just about the worst news a dog can hear. Is there hope for Hank, or is it curtains for everyone's ...more
Published January 1st 1999 by Perfection Learning (first published July 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The Case of the Vanishing Fishhook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Case of the Vanishing Fishhook

Kristin Arens
Dec 16, 2013 Kristin Arens rated it did not like it
Because I had no other crime and mystery books in my house, I had to read Hank the Cowdog. I hadn't ever read on of these books before, and now that I have, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have liked them when I was little either. It was written for children, though, so that could also be why I didn't enjoy it at all. I felt that there was a lot of unnecessary comments that didn't really add to the book itself, and the mystery part of it was very short-lived.
Merceda
May 30, 2013 Merceda rated it really liked it
Hank shouldn't eat the liver that Albert was using for fish bait. Of course, he did, and he swallowed the hook. Then Slim fed him tons of dish soap to try and get him to puke the liver and fish hook back out. And Hank wasn't puking, even after Slim grabbed him up and swung him around and around and around. But then Slim puked. Finally, Hank puked up the liver and fish hook, and all was much better. But Sally Mae told Albert never ever go fishing again!
David
I'm not a particularly big fan of Hank the Cowdog. This one is about average as they go. Hank always seems to get himself into trouble.

If you enjoy Hank, Slim, Pete, and the other human characters, you will enjoy this book as well.
Brianna Prince
Aug 04, 2013 Brianna Prince rated it really liked it
This was probably my favorite of the Hank the Cowdog books that I've read, though "Tuerto, the One-Eyed Killer Stud Horse is a close second. I laughed so hard at their efforts to rid poor Hank of that fish hook. Hank is troublesome yet lovable.
Darryl Cole
Jul 11, 2011 Darryl Cole rated it really liked it
I read pretty much this entire series years ago after I descovered them in my elementary school libary. The plot, and characters are great. Plus these books are extremly funny. I loved this series then and I still love it.
Lydia
Lydia rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2014
Karigan
Karigan rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2012
Lenoh
Lenoh rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2008
D'JIERI
D'JIERI rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2009
Ruth
Ruth rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2011
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2012
Jacob Montgomery
Jacob Montgomery rated it really liked it
May 22, 2015
Cesar
Cesar rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2009
Michelle Adams
Michelle Adams rated it really liked it
May 21, 2012
Stacey
Stacey rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2016
Claudia
Claudia rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2012
Wendy
Wendy rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2008
Lauren
Lauren rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2011
Kassady
Kassady rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2012
Garrett
Garrett rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2011
drastikblinder
drastikblinder rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2014
Chandler Ford
Chandler Ford rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2015
Ashaley Lenora
Ashaley Lenora rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2012
R.
R. rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2012
Caitlin Brengan
Caitlin Brengan rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2014
Vince
Vince rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2008
Hanni
Hanni rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2013
Meisam keivani
Meisam keivani rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2009
Lyndon
Lyndon rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2014
SunshineGlory
SunshineGlory rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Snowfire (Phantom Stallion: Wild Horse Island, #9)
John R. Erickson, a former cowboy and ranch manager, is gifted with a storyteller's knack for spinning a yarn. Through the eyes of Hank the Cowdog, a smelly, smart-aleck Head of Ranch Security, Erickson gives readers a glimpse of daily life on a ranch in the West Texas Panhandle. This series of books and tapes is in school libraries across the country, has sold more than 7.6 million copies, is a ...more
More about John R. Erickson...

Hank the Cowdog (1 - 10 of 66 books)
  • The Original Adventures of Hank the Cowdog (Hank the Cowdog #1)
  • The Further Adventures of Hank the Cowdog (Hank the Cowdog, #2)
  • It's a Dog's Life (Hank the Cowdog, #3)
  • Murder in the Middle Pasture (Hank the Cowdog, #4)
  • Faded Love (Hank the Cowdog, #5)
  • Let Sleeping Dogs Lie (Hank the Cowdog, #6)
  • The Curse of the Incredible Priceless Corncob (Hank the Cowdog, #7)
  • The Case of the One-Eyed Killer Stud Horse (Hank the Cowdog, #8)
  • The Case of the Halloween Ghost (Hank the Cowdog, #9)
  • Every Dog Has His Day (Hank the Cowdog, #10)