Start by marking “View from the Air: Charles Lindbergh's Earth and Sky” as Want to Read:
View from the Air: Charles Lindbergh's Earth and Sky

View from the Air: Charles Lindbergh's Earth and Sky

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  5 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Using photographs taken from Lindbergh's plane during his last flights over rural New England, the daughter of the famous pilot describes Lindbergh's view of the changing landscape and of the way to protect it and the rest of the environment.
Published January 1st 1996 by Puffin Books (first published September 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about View from the Air, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about View from the Air

Ramona
Jun 30, 2011 Ramona rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful poem written by Charles Lindbergh's son, Reeve, with photographs taken from Lindbergh's flights the last few years of his life. The poem was written in memory of Charles Lindbergh and focuses on the beauty of our natural environment and the importancen of protecting our earth. In the introduction Reeve shares thoughts from his father quoting him as saying, "The human future depends upon our ability to combine the knowledge of science and the wisdom of wildness." This is a book for ...more
Matthew
Apr 08, 2013 Matthew rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book. The poetry is certainly strong, but I really loved the photography in this. I also learned a lot about Charles Lindbergh and his environmental advocacy. This is one of those books that changes your perspective on something that you knew pretty well already.
Cws
MJ rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2015
Peg
Jun 05, 2008 Peg rated it really liked it
Excellent photo journal of pictures of New England taken from the air by The Lindberghs.
Katrina Mundt
Katrina Mundt rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2015
Jbondandrews
Jbondandrews marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2011
Cynebeald
Cynebeald marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2011
AnnMarie
AnnMarie marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2011
Lucy
Lucy marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Mary N
Mary N added it
Feb 28, 2016
Kaycee Skidmore
Kaycee Skidmore marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
Children's author, novelist, and poet Reeve Lindbergh is the daughter of world-renowned aviator Charles Lindbergh and his wife, the talented writer Anne Morrow Lindbergh.
More about Reeve Lindbergh...