Start by marking “Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle” as Want to Read:
Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle

Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle

4.29  ·  Rating Details ·  1,317 Ratings  ·  113 Reviews
This manual will reveal to you all the secrets of permanent fat loss. It is written by a man who has discovered these secrets the hard way - through long years of trial and error. Using the information in this manual will allow you master the art and science of losing body fat by a shorter and less costly route; by “modeling” those who have gone before you and learning fro ...more
Digital, 337 pages
Published 2003 by Fitness Renaissance, LLC

Barry
Sep 10, 2012 Barry rated it it was amazing
In the entire history of the world, the best weight control and fitness advice ever given is Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto. It's a $40 ebook available from www.burnthefat.com. Tom's program is also out in regular bookstores under the title--The Body Fat Solution: Five Principles for Burning Fat, Building Lean Muscles, Ending Emotional Eating, and Maintaining Your Perfect Weight.

I read this books four years ago while training for my 55th birthday (yes, I TRAIN for borthdays!) I had
Manal Saad
Feb 12, 2011 Manal Saad rated it it was amazing
This book is one of the very interesting books I read about losing body fat. It's a manual that maps out the road to those who want to lose "body fat" and not body weight, cause there's a huge difference between these two.

It stresses the importance of weight training to build up body lean mass in order to burn fat. It provides essential concepts to those who want to have a healthy body and mind. It talks about the importance of setting goals, exercising, nutrition, and how to overcome plateaus.
Mindy
Sep 26, 2007 Mindy rated it it was amazing
I'm using the methods and seeing results. I highly recomend it.
Fiya
Nov 12, 2014 Fiya rated it it was amazing
I feel I owe this book a review. It is that good.

I have tried numerous programs. All the new fad DVD fitness programs, classical fitness books and everything in between. Some have been good, some have been disasters. But one thing that they all lacked was this: Simple to understand principles that I, a fat and unfit beginner, could use.

My problem was that I was unfit. I wanted to lose fat and maybe become a little stronger. My issue with these new DVD programs was they weren't for me: They wer
Vivian
Jun 02, 2015 Vivian rated it really liked it
This is by far one of the best books I've read in a long while about losing weight, getting fit, and becoming healthy in a way that many, if not most, readers should find doable. I gave it four stars instead of five since I'm not the target audience, and I don't get particularly inspired by body builders and fitness models, whether "natural," i.e. no steroids, or not. But the author makes a good point: what community knows the most about how to sculpt your body into the best it can be? You guess ...more
Farhana Faruq
Oct 02, 2010 Farhana Faruq rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Farhana by: Brother
Definitely one of the BEST fitness books I've read. It's motivational, covers more than just weight-loss, exercise, and nutrition.

For people who are interested in long-term success. Everything is flexible and not a one-plan fits all kind of thing.

Some of my favorite info was how to keep track of your progress - and more importantly what to do when it's not going where you want it to go, as well as the recommend reading.

It's straight - no bull shit.. what more can you ask for.
Justin Tapp
Feb 15, 2014 Justin Tapp rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health
Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle: Transform Your Body Forever Using the Secrets of the Leanest People in the World is the condensed bible of fitness. Concise information on nutrition, muscle formation, a mental motivation chapter, and a weight-lifting program anyone can start. In short, this is the only book you really need if you want to get in shape.

Venuto is a world champion bodybuilder. He has learned from the best by their experiences and earned a degree in exercise science. While he calls it
Miriam Downey
Jan 24, 2014 Miriam Downey rated it really liked it
Read my full review here: http://mimi-cyberlibrarian.blogspot.c...

I read the new hardbound version of the book.

Well, first of all, I am 70 years old, and I am more into Tai Chi than I am into body building, but I have a few comments about Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle. I am a lifelong dieter, and I know diet gibberish when I see it. This book is not gibberish. It is solid advice for anyone, but particularly for people who are looking at their bodies realistically, and thinking, "What do I have
Heather in FL
Around the first of the year, Audible had a 2-for-1 sale on "resolution" books. This is one I picked up in that sale. I wasn't sure what I would think of it -- I'm not after a bodybuilder body -- but it was made clear in the beginning that bodybuilding isn't what this book is about. The concepts are used by bodybuilders, but they can be used for anyone trying to trim down. I liked that it focused on more than just nutrition and exercise... there's a mental component that makes sense to address. ...more
Christine
Dec 08, 2013 Christine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book to be a good guide on how to improve my fitness level, and make positive changes in my life. It was a quick read, and had lots of practical advice.

One of the things that I really liked about this book was the section on mental training. It is very important to set goals, and get motivated to work out. Most books on fitness do not have a lot of information on how to mentally prepare yourself to make the change and stick with it. The section on nutrition was also very informative
Cindy
Sep 23, 2016 Cindy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books on how to train, eat, lose fat and get fit that I've ever read. This book has been so motivational for me. Tom has gotten me to track my results and even my calories (something I used to hate doing, but it does keep you on track). His chapters on the mental aspect of training have been helpful to achieving my goals. I have not done his workout plan (I was already using another plan for strength training and kept with it).

I have lost 34lbs in 7 months. Not super quick, but
Diana Alksne
Jan 29, 2014 Diana Alksne rated it it was amazing
There were some points that were particularly commendable about this book. First of all, even though Venuto claims that the chapter on goal setting is the most important, he does not go into the sick self-help positive thinking lie. On the contrary, even though he swears by having written goals, he tells the reader plain and simple that no amount of affirmations can ever substitute for hard work.
The other great things was the clear division among different body builds and destroying some illusio
Safaa
Nov 06, 2015 Safaa rated it really liked it
Shelves: health-fitness
Before reading this book, I thought if I stop eating , that will make me lose weight, which is true, but I never thought what was exactly the weight I lost! I never knew that doing this was making me lose my muscles, or my lean body mass, not the fat!

It took me a long time to finish this book, but it changed my way of thinking about diets and eating habits. I'm trying to apply it in my daily life as much as I could.
It's absolutely recommended.
Paul
Aug 03, 2009 Paul rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fitness
This is an e-book, but it is probably the best personal fitness book that I have read and I have read several. It covers motivation, goal setting, body types, nutrition, cardio and resistance training in a very understandable style.
Carrie
May 03, 2016 Carrie rated it it was amazing
Excellent book with real honest facts and information about getting the body like a bodybuilder or fitness model. This book is for those that really want that type of body and are willing to go what it takes to get it, like; counting calories & macros and eating healthy and training hard.
Alan Aragon
Feb 03, 2014 Alan Aragon rated it it was amazing
This book is just a monster. Loved it, and I'm DAMN hard to please. Tom covers all the bases thoroughly in a no-BS approach backed by an abundance of science and experience.
A. John Alger
Aug 16, 2013 A. John Alger rated it it was amazing
The best fitness book out there.
Vera
Feb 23, 2016 Vera rated it it was amazing
Inspiring + helpful
Clinton Hutchings
Not a huge fan. This just seemed like a summary of the last 20 years' view of losing weight and eating. Nothing seemed to be new in here, although many of the things were a good reminder. And some of the theories I'm not sure are so scientifically supported any longer. But the general principles seemed to be sound (no crazy diet, figure out what works for you and follow, etc.), even if some of the details didn't.
Mimoza
Feb 01, 2017 Mimoza rated it it was amazing
Clear, easy to understand and apply on real life, great tips about healthy living and training our mind but also body effectively to achieve goals! Loved it! I still take it everywhere with me and will recommend to anybody who struggled with fat loss regimes! Get this book you will not regret the information :)
Tom Priddis
Feb 10, 2017 Tom Priddis rated it really liked it
I read this at the same time as Jim Gaffigan's book "Food, a Love Story." Jim's book was much funnier.
Shanti
Sep 23, 2015 Shanti rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, I sure did learn a lot about nutrition, understanding body types, mental training and breaking plateaus and so much more. This book is full of useful information that a person could start using right away. Such as the goal setting and eating the 12 recommended foods and avoiding the 12 worst foods. There's a lot of info about measuring body fat and other physical stuff, counting calories and weighing food. The chapter about the weight training program has good info about how to determine h ...more
Anna
Jan 02, 2017 Anna rated it really liked it
Great source of accurate exercise and nutrition information. It was very truthful and straightforward. Did not sell a dream/product. It presented the plain truth about the hard work and commitment it takes to build a life-long habit of eating well and exercising.
Salutino
Dec 27, 2016 Salutino rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
si creo sea la biblia para lograr estar atlético, me encanta en 4 cosas que jamás debes de olvidar para lograrlo sobretodo si tienes cuerpo endomorfo, que con poquito que comas grasa engordas para rápido, mental, nutrición, cardio y pesas, todo está en las calorías que te consumas, el secreto del como, en el libro!!
Leftbanker
Aug 15, 2016 Leftbanker rated it liked it
Shelves: health-fitness
Once again, another diet/exercise book that could have been reduced to a 3X5 index card. Here is that 3X5 card:

1) Write down your goals and visualize them. “We think up to 60,000 thoughts a day and that 98 percent of these thoughts are the same ones we had yesterday—most of them negative.”

I think this is probably a good thing to do. My problem with fitness (if I have one) is that I don’t have any specific goals. I like to ride a bike and I ride the living shit out of the three that I have but be
Alain Burrese
Jul 22, 2014 Alain Burrese rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle: Transform Your Body Forever Using the Secrets of the Leanest People in the World by Tom Venuto is a good read for those who are looking to follow bodybuilding principles to lose weight, gain muscle and live a more healthy life. Maybe it is because of the years I've read Muscle & Fitness magazine and other books by bodybuilders that I connected with the program that Venuto lays out in this book. I've trained this way for many years, so this book wasn't so much of ...more
Katie
Apr 23, 2016 Katie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While there isn't anything revolutionary or even all that ground-breaking here, the layout and the delivery of the content in one place makes it a go-to manual for all things fitness. It's a diet/lifestyle/weight-loss book on its face, but if you dig deeper, it's more than that. It is a book about the science and psychology of getting lean - lots of muscle with little fat - which is really what most people reading this kind of book want.

The four parts are rarely included in one volume, but witho
Nyx
Sep 07, 2008 Nyx rated it it was amazing
This is long (over 300 PDF pages), but I think worth every minute you have to spend to get through it. There are major points to take from it that could have just been summarized for a much shorter read; however, Tom Venuto's explanations for his advice are definitely worth reading and understanding so you'll know why he suggests what he does. I love that he does not necessarily prescribe a one-size-fits-all program, although there are parts of the program that do apply to most. This book covers ...more
Mimi Bear
Apr 16, 2014 Mimi Bear rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very quick read book on body and health transformation.
It lays everything out in a simple clear fashion without all the self promoting product stuff.
Do this, do this, get this!

There is a bit of planning to do before jumping into the program. Going to the website and downloading the PDFs, writing out the goals, reorganizing the food part, and then getting to the gym.
I think you need the information and science behind all of this so the book is important. Just taking the free tools doesn
Julie
Dec 14, 2013 Julie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fic, food, lifestyle
I found this book to be very informative despite being full of information I have read or heard about before. The author explores the eating and exercising habits of bodybuilders ("the leanest people in the world") and translates their principles to the general reader. It's a huge undertaking and there are arguably aspects that aren't covered as completely as they possibly could be, but overall I felt it was a well organized book that covers the main components of weight loss and maintenance.

The
http://www.healthsupreviews.com/testx-core/ 1 1 Dec 06, 2016 04:01AM
http://www.strongtesterone.com/muscle-science/ 1 1 Dec 02, 2016 03:11AM
http://www.healthsupreviews.com/muscle-xtx/ 1 1 Nov 19, 2016 03:13AM
http://t-rexmuscleadvice.com/nitro-mxs/ 1 1 Nov 16, 2016 02:49AM
http://purenitrateadvice.com/max-testo-xl/ 1 1 Nov 05, 2016 04:21AM
http://facts4supplements.com/alpha-force-testo/ 1 1 Nov 03, 2016 04:31AM
http://boostupmuscles.com/trigger-xl/ 1 1 Sep 26, 2016 04:40AM
  • The Ultimate Diet 2.0. Advanced Cyclical Dieting for Achieving Super Leanness.
  • Practical Programming for Strength Training
  • The New ME Diet: Eat More, Work Out Less, and Actually Lose Weight While You Rest
  • M.A.X. Muscle Plan, The
  • A Nightmare's Prayer: A Marine Harrier Pilot's War in Afghanistan
  • You Are Your Own Gym: The Bible Of Bodyweight Exercises For Men And Women
  • Super Cleanse: Detox Your Body for Long-Lasting Health and Beauty
  • Matrevolutionen : ät dig frisk med riktig mat
  • Poker For Dummies
  • The Eat-Clean Diet Recharged!: Lasting Fat Loss That's Better Than Ever!
  • Skinny Chicks Don't Eat Salads: Stop Starving, Start Eating...And Losing!
  • Goodnight Dear: The Unsentimental Diary Of A Bereaved Husband
  • Power to the People!: Russian Strength Training Secrets for Every American
  • Beyond Brawn: The Insider's Encyclopedia on How to Build Muscle and Might
  • Chess For Dummies
  • Muscle Myths: 50 Health & Fitness Mistakes You Don't Know You're Making
  • Diet Recovery: Restoring Hormonal Health, Metabolism, Mood, and Your Relationship with Food (Diet Recovery #1)
  • The New Rules of Lifting: Six Basic Moves for Maximum Muscle

“Don’t let your learning lead to knowledge, let your learning lead to action.” 1 likes
“The first step in designing your personal fat-burning plan is to calculate how many calories you need every day. This number is called your total daily energy expenditure, or TDEE. It’s also known as your maintenance level, because this is the point where your calorie deposits are equal to your calorie withdrawals. TDEE is the total number of calories your body burns in 24 hours, including basal metabolic rate and all activities. Before we do that, let’s look at the six factors that TDEE depends on. All calorie formulas are estimates, but the more of these factors you account for, the more accurate and customized your estimation will be.” 0 likes