Start by marking “The New Weapons of the World Encyclopedia: An International Encyclopedia from 5000 B.C. to the 21st Century” as Want to Read:

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  70 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Weapons is one of the bestselling books on armament ever published. This definitive guide covers the entire history of weapons, from the earliest, most primitive instruments up to remarkable advances in modern defense and warfare. The new edition includes weapons used in Kosovo, Afghanistan, Iraq and the Israel-Lebanon conflict, such as:

· Improvised Explosive Devices
· Blac
Published August 21st 2007 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published 190)

To ask other readers questions about The New Weapons of the World Encyclopedia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New Weapons of the World Encyclopedia

Peter
Ah, my first weapons reference book. Every boy needs one. Or needed, as the internet now provides the same and more info for free.

Even with the internet, you really can't beat a well-done book that lays out all the relevant information before you, no googling or wikipediaing needed. Plus the feel, the convenience, the reliability, and so on.

This book holds a special place in my heart, though. I have many fond memories of poring over entries again and again, marveling at the variety and power wit
Janrae
I would have given this book five stars, however I had a few problems understanding some of the diagrams and think a few matters could have been explained better.

I do feel that it is a must have book for anyone who writes about weapons in settings from the Stone Age to the present. It contains a wealth of pictures and appears to be extremely thorough.
Joshua Galicia
This is definitely an encyclopedia, and not plot-driven literature in any way whatsoever, but I think it does provide a wealth of information on weaponry and obstacles used in the past 7,000 years. It's interesting to see the development of technology portrayed through the aspect of attack and defense.
Amar Pai
Oct 26, 2012 Amar Pai marked it as gave-up-on  ·  review of another edition
Loads of technical details and schematics, primarily concerned with categorization and specifications of like, the three main categories of breech loading artillery shell, by fuze, filling and function. Utterly dull.
Tyra Masters-heinrichs
I find this an excellent resource not just for writing sci-fi and fantasy, but also for naming. Its sits on the right hand side of my desk on the shelf.
Bubba
I've loved this sort of thing since I was in grade school. I was the creepy kid who would check out "Weapons of WW2" from the bookmobile.
T60n3
T60n3 is currently reading it
Nov 13, 2014
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Tony Tran
Tony Tran marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Gabriel Fernando
Gabriel Fernando marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Andre
Andre added it
Jul 12, 2014
Jaamal O'neal
Jaamal O'neal marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Heather Salvatore
Heather Salvatore is currently reading it
May 20, 2014
Shawn
Shawn added it
Mar 07, 2014
Kyle
Kyle added it
Jan 31, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2014
Anthropology Buff
Anthropology Buff marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Little Giant® Encyclopedia of the Zodiac Big Bad Ass Book of the Zodiac The Little Giant® Encyclopedia of Spells & Magic Musical Instruments of the World: An Illustrated Encyclopedia The Book of The Zodiac