Start by marking “The Literacy Teacher's Playbook, Grades K-2: Four Steps for Turning Assessment Data Into Goal-Directed Instruction” as Want to Read:

Buy 15 copies and save 15% with the Literacy Teacher's Playbook, K-2 book study bundle!

"Instead of glancing quickly and drawing a single conclusion, we can lean in and look with the same spirit of curiosity and interest that our youngest students have taught us to have."
-Jennifer Serravallo

"I wanted to write a book that helps you really see your students," writes Jennifer
Published April 1st 2014 by Heinemann Educational Books (first published February 13th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Literacy Teacher's Playbook, Grades K-2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Literacy Teacher's Playbook, Grades K-2

Jean Cross
Jul 18, 2016 Jean Cross rated it really liked it
This book is an excellent reminder of how many different pieces of student work we can use to make an informed assessment about them. It has some great chartsthat list different skills that readers and writers should do a different reading levels which is very handy. It also gets the reader actively involved by analyzing their own set of data along with the author. Jennifer takes the reader through all of the steps that she uses when she analyzes student work. It is a complex process and I'm not ...more
Kathy Knapp
Sep 01, 2014 Kathy Knapp rated it it was amazing
As I often hear, " I don't think kids need to be assessed ad nauseum." Or, "I don't have time for all of this assessment!" Despite the assessment driven, accountability laden culture we, in education, work within, this book is refreshing as its premise is that we can be empowered by assessment rather than be bogged down by it if what we are using is classroom-based assessment for the current era.
Cindy
Aug 17, 2016 Cindy rated it it was amazing
Finally a book that acknowledges the specific challenges of primary grade teachers when it comes to assessment and goal setting. Easy to understand and apply.
Molli927
Molli927 rated it liked it
May 16, 2016
Rosemary Daly
Rosemary Daly rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2016
Katie Meyering
Katie Meyering rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Chris Heim
Chris Heim rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2016
Amylsmiley Smiley-Hubek
Amylsmiley Smiley-Hubek rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2015
Ccmonday
Ccmonday rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2014
Terry Boyd
Terry Boyd rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2015
Teresa Folley
Teresa Folley rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2015
Lauren
Lauren rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2015
Nancy
Nancy rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2014
Taryn
Taryn rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2016
Ninette
Ninette rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2015
Nancy
Dec 06, 2014 Nancy rated it it was amazing
This book has been an excellent resource for fine-tuning my small group literacy instruction.
Alicia
Alicia rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2015
Allison Hogan
Allison Hogan rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2014
Kristine Madigan paulson
Kristine Madigan paulson rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2015
Lori
Lori rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2016
Kathryn Allen
Kathryn Allen rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2016
Julie
Julie rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2014
Cindy
Cindy rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2016
Adrienne Wiley
Adrienne Wiley rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2014
Andrea Bailey
Andrea Bailey rated it really liked it
May 31, 2015
David
David rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2015
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2016
Gjoa King
Gjoa King rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2014
Susan McCarthy
Susan McCarthy rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2015