Start by marking “Memorable Stories and Parables by Boyd K. Packer” as Want to Read:
Memorable Stories and Parables by Boyd K. Packer

Memorable Stories and Parables by Boyd K. Packer

4.31  ·  Rating Details  ·  89 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
The illuminating wisdom contained in President Boyd K. Packer's beloved parables is now available in an attractive gift book that will be a valuable addition to any home library.
Leather Bound, 104 pages
Published April 13th 2001 by Deseret Book Co (first published July 4th 1905)

To ask other readers questions about Memorable Stories and Parables by Boyd K. Packer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Memorable Stories and Parables by Boyd K. Packer

Rebecca
Aug 08, 2015 Rebecca rated it liked it
Shelves: gospel-themes
This great little book is the quintessential Boyd K. Packer. If you want to remember the sound of his voice and his poignant stories and the points of doctrine that were emphasized by him throughout his years of teaching, this book would be a nice addition to your personal library. The chapters are each a couple of pages. Recommend this as a pick up and read a chapter a day kind of a book.
Rodrigo
Jan 15, 2015 Rodrigo rated it it was amazing
I finished this book last night. This is really about life lessons that he's gained in his earlier years. There is a parable that he has told. It was called, "The Mediator." It was about a young man who sighed a contract with a creditor after purchasing some property. Well, when the time came to pay off the debt, he could not pay the creditor. The creditor almost sent the young man to prison, when the man's friend, the Mediator, came and payed the debt for him.
Joan
Aug 08, 2011 Joan rated it liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed a few of the stories... I believe this is one of those books where you can read something one time and have it mean the world to you, but read it another time and have it drop out of your memory like a load of bricks. I appreciate his experiences and think that in time, as I read it again for inspiration, I will find joy and comfort from this book. A great book of inspiration to keep around.
Lois
Oct 31, 2013 Lois rated it it was amazing
I loved this small, beautifully bound in a soft brown cover, book by Boyd K Packer. You could almost hear him speaking as you read the nuggets he has learned through his life. His parables are so "right on".
Robin
Apr 05, 2014 Robin added it
This is great for different thoughts that affect you at different times or through the many different phases we all go through. It would be good to read and re-read over and over.
Gregory
Dec 04, 2012 Gregory rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I had heard many of the stories before but didn't know where they all came from. There were also a good number that were brand new to me.
Kandace
Aug 19, 2013 Kandace rated it it was amazing
I loved it. It's easy to read stories with a moral that are easy to understand and great for lessons, talks, FHE, whatever! I might have to buy this book.
Rob Bentley
Jul 05, 2009 Rob Bentley rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book a lot. This book helped me consider several different gospel principles in new ways.
Janell
Oct 22, 2012 Janell rated it really liked it
Although many of these stories were familiar to me, it was really enjoyable to read them again.
Kimberly
Enjoyed these short inspirational and educational stories. True principles!
Celeste
Celeste is currently reading it
Apr 25, 2016
Cindy Howard
Cindy Howard rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Amber
Amber added it
Feb 11, 2016
Larry
Larry rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Sage
Sage rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2016
Shelly Egan
Shelly Egan rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2016
Mellany S
Mellany S rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2016
Sandi
Sandi added it
Jan 17, 2016
Rachael Brisko
Rachael Brisko marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Wayne Barrow
Wayne Barrow rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Deborah Stuart
Deborah Stuart marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2015
Sarah rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2015
Giovanni Ciacchella
Giovanni Ciacchella rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2015
Richard (Rick)
Richard (Rick) rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2015
Michael Mathis
Michael Mathis rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2015
Anita Mott
Anita Mott marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
193167
President Boyd K. Packer, the President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, was set apart to this position on February 3, 2008. Previously, he was Acting President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles beginning June 5, 1994. Prior to becoming Acting President, he served as a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, having been ordained an Ap ...more
More about Boyd K. Packer...