Stone Butterfly (Charlie Moon, #11)

Stone Butterfly (Charlie Moon #11)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  318 ratings  ·  19 reviews

Daisy Perika is no stranger to eerie dreams, but when she has a nightmare, lives could be at stake. Convinced that her visions of a wisp-thin girl with blood dripping from her hands are omens, the old woman calls on her nephew, Charlie Moon.

A part-time tribal investigator and full-time Colorado rancher, Moon is often skeptical of his aunt's mystical ways. And this time, mu...more
Published October 2nd 2007 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Stone Butterfly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stone Butterfly

Linda
I love all the books by this author.
I've read them all twice!
Felicity
I didn't finish it. In fact, I tossed it. Adios, unlamented, unfinished, ungood book.

Wow is this ever terrible. Someone needs to take this man's thesaurus away before he ODs on adjectives. No noun is left unqualified. And he refers to cars as "that product of the Ford Motor Company." Ugh. Ugh, ugh, ugh.
Paula
I enjoy reading murder mysteries set in the Southwest. This is part of a series that adds details of the characters lives in each book. You never know if the Tribal policeman is just slow, smarter than you think or what. The mystery/murders get solved and the reader is ready for the next book to come.
Jun 04, 2012 Laura rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Laura by: Olsburg Library
Shelves: in-2012
Mr. Oates....doesn't know when to quit. The character I wanted to survive the book did, dispite my thinking she hadn't. But other characters died for little reason. I prefer the Kellerman book to this one.
Jeff Dickison
Doss continues to write good mysteries. Unfortunately they're solved by ghosts and spirits and thus make no sense at all. Too bad. Maybe someday he'll write a real mystery.
Judith Reed
Interesting twist that I was happy with; but cleverly disguised. I don't like the idea of seeing real spirits since I do not believe one can do that. Enjoyed reading it.
Gene Ruppe

James D. Doss does tend to bounce around all over the place in the spinning of his Charlie Moon series...but he manages to tie it all together at the end.
Douglas
Another great Charlie Moon novel. Enjoy the characters, the humor and the mysteries with a twist.
Bonnie
Another great Charlie Moon mystery, with action and intrigue as well as philosophical musings.
Leigh
Stone Butterfly (Charlie Moon Mysteries) by James D. Doss (2007)
Toni berkshire
Wish I could go to this ranch in Colorado even tho it is fiction.
Greg
It's good...but the ending is sort of a out of left field concept.
SadieKate
I always love a smart-aleck private eye.
David Bock
It was really hard to keep my interest.
Tiffany
a bit too slow for me.....
Ludwig
good book good twist
Cws
M Dos
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Stone Butterfly 1 5 Apr 10, 2010 08:05PM
  • The Thunder Keeper (Wind River Reservation, #7)
  • Blackening Song (Ella Clah, #1)
  • Cry Dance
  • Unnatural Selection (Gideon Oliver, #13)
  • The Wailing Wind (Navajo Mysteries, #15)
James Daniel Doss, recently retired from the technical staff of Los Alamos National Laboratory, now spends most of his time in a small cabin above Taos -- writing mystery fiction. He also travels to the fascinating locations where his stories take place, often camping in remote areas to absorb the impression of an Anasazi ruin, a deep canyon, an arid mesa, or a Sun Dance.

More about James D. Doss...
The Shaman Sings (Charlie Moon, #1) The Shaman's Bones (Charlie Moon, #3) Grandmother Spider (Charlie Moon, #6) The Shaman Laughs (Charlie Moon, #2) The Witch's Tongue (Charlie Moon, #9)