How Cold Was It?

How Cold Was It?

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  2 reviews
For a boy with a warm heart and a big imagination, a frigid winter day is an exciting adventure. Boisterous prose alternates with playful rhyming sequences as the author takes us on a journey at well below freezing temperatures. It's enough to make you shiver.
Published October 1st 2000 by Lobster Press (first published September 1st 1999)

Kelly
Amazing concept book for winter, this book has a nice flow and beautiful illustrations. There is so much to discuss in this book, I was somewhat sad to send it back to school.

Corbin has been waiting for the leaves to fall off the trees so it will snow. He thinks this will happen tomorrow. We weren't surprised to see that he picked this book out at the library since he has been talking so much about snow. Plus I really like the ice dragon in the story, and Corbin did too.
Clever book for introducing winter. I liked the repetition within this book (how cold was it?), giving new descriptors for how the cold impacts us (freezing, blankets-over-my-head), and later how warm a bed can be (snug-as-a-bug, fireplace heat). It would be fun for a preschool storytime, although a little long.
BG Josh
BG Josh marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2013
Lynne-marie Macduff
Lynne-marie Macduff marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2013
R. Bard
R. Bard marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2013
JoJo the Giant Proud as a Peacock, Brave as a Lion Going on a Journey to the Sea Quel Froid De Canard!