Start by marking “Wasn't Tomorrow Wonderful” as Want to Read:
Wasn't Tomorrow Wonderful

Wasn't Tomorrow Wonderful

liked it 3.0  ·  Rating Details ·  10 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
What if suddenly, everybody in the world had access to a limited form of time travel? What if they could send an email to themselves exactly one month into the future or one month into the past? How would it change society? It would certainly cause trouble. This is a collections of three short stories. The first is about the average person's experience once handed the ...more
Published May 11th 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Wasn't Tomorrow Wonderful, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wasn't Tomorrow Wonderful

Grumpus
Sep 15, 2014 Grumpus rated it did not like it
I won this on a Goodreads giveaway. For that, I am thankful. However, I have to agree with some of the previous reviews in that it was an interesting concept but the writing was terrible. In some places it was so bad that you could not infer what was meant. A simple spell check in Word would have identified 95% of the spelling errors.

I hope the author will view this as version as a draft, further vetting the story and correct all the spelling/grammatical errors as there truly is potential here.
Mariele
Sep 05, 2014 Mariele rated it did not like it
I want to preface this review by disclosing that I received a copy for free through the GoodReads First Reads giveaway. (Yay!)

Try as I might, I could not get drawn into this book. The premise was very interesting and so relatable - who doesn’t wish they could warn their past selves about what the future would hold? I appreciated that there were 3 short stories that gave a glimpse into the multiple ways that time travel technology could be used. It got me thinking about what I would use that tech
Valerie
Sep 04, 2014 Valerie rated it did not like it
I won a free copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway (which by the way arrived very quickly so thanks!)

I wanted to give this book at least, two stars. I really did. The concept behind the book is absolutely fascinating and I thought that these three stories were a pretty novel exploration of what people would really do if we could communicate to ourselves in the past or future. Some parts were even quite funny or exciting.

The problem was that this book very badly needed an editor. There were t
Edward Pissmeoff
Feb 20, 2015 Edward Pissmeoff rated it really liked it
I won this book from Goodreads.
Wasnt Tomorrow Wonderful is a really clever idea done pretty well. In three short stories, Stilwell tells the tale of a new internet service that lets you send an email one month into the future or past. There are rules, like you cant send back farther than the day the machine exists and the like.
Over all, the idea and execution is done well. The only problems i found was with the editing and proofing. there were a lot of typos, including spelling errors, using the
Lise
Sep 16, 2014 Lise rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book from the Goodreads First Reads program in exchange for an honest review.

It's a fun little time travel book. It's well written, decently thought out, and has a reasonable theoretical basis. I will be looking for more books by Mr. Stillwell.

The short stories are set in a nearish future, where gene splicing is cheap enough that a middle class single man can have a vegetarian pygmy T. rex as a pet and the first thought when one sees a girl with cat's eyes is genet
Moon
Sep 08, 2014 Moon rated it liked it
I first have to say that I am so thankful and happy to have gotten this book free in a Goodreads Giveaway!

It was really well written with a very awesome premise... being able to email one month into the past or the future....

I just wish it was one story and not three really short stories. This author is really talented and creative and I really loved the writing here .... I just wish it was longer and there was more of it :)
John
Sep 05, 2014 John rated it liked it
The idea was fresh. the stories were short but a quick read. Took me only 2 hours to read (with interruptions). Wanted more of the first and third story. Both could be expanded to a novelette or short novel. Thumbs up to the author.
Liz
Sep 05, 2014 Liz rated it liked it
I won this in a first reads giveaway. It deals with an interesting concept, communication from the future, from several different angles. Fun stories, but the last one got a little to technical for me.
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2014
Alyssa Vessell
Alyssa Vessell rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2014
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Vykki
Vykki marked it as to-read
J
J marked it as to-read
Lisa Siegwald-baird
Lisa Siegwald-baird marked it as to-read
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Debbie Carnes
Debbie Carnes marked it as to-read
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Jan Brown
Jan Brown marked it as to-read
Philip Leitch
Philip Leitch marked it as to-read
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Sierra Lawrence
Sierra Lawrence marked it as to-read
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
Jeannie Hudson
Jeannie Hudson marked it as to-read
Wendi Dusek
Wendi Dusek marked it as to-read
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Jessica Irving
Jessica Irving marked it as to-read
Steve Sengele
Steve Sengele marked it as to-read
Gavin
Gavin marked it as to-read
Tasha
Tasha marked it as to-read
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Christina Borgoyn
Christina Borgoyn marked it as to-read
Linda Jh
Linda Jh marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Theodosia
Theodosia marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
K.
K. marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Katie Harder-schauer
Katie Harder-schauer marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
William David Tepper
William David Tepper marked it as to-read
Rose Vommaro
Rose Vommaro marked it as to-read
Minerva
Minerva marked it as to-read
Tasja Badillo
Tasja Badillo marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014