Start by marking “Diving Through Clouds” as Want to Read:
Diving Through Clouds

Diving Through Clouds

3.51  ·  Rating Details  ·  197 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Kate Fitzgerald's spirit hovers above her hospital bed, looking down on her lifeless body. She finds herself far from extinguished but rather in some sort of limbo. She travels freely back and forth into the lives of those she left behind--her cold unloving husband, William; his lover, Veronica; her best friend, Veronica (yes, you guessed it); her estranged daughter, Celia ...more
Published April 1st 2005 by Thomas Dunne Books (first published August 13th 1957)

To ask other readers questions about Diving Through Clouds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diving Through Clouds

Shalaka
Good book. Liked the way the author has described complicated relations in a family smoothly from vantage point of a ghost of a family member. Apart from that Hallos Eve part(where Kate's ghost plays kind of 'superghost'!!), liked the book. Good imagination.
Nandaily
Dec 15, 2008 Nandaily rated it really liked it
I liked this book; different viewpoint coming from main character, who is deceased but remains on earth and can see what and effect what is going on in the lives of those she leaves behind. Fun read. Also, makes you think you don't want to leaves this world regretting how you lived.
Rebecca
Quick and charming. Too bad the main character couldn't have enjoyed life as much as the 'between' time.
Dee
Jun 21, 2010 Dee rated it liked it
Vibha Hegde
Dec 18, 2015 Vibha Hegde rated it liked it
This is the story of a very pathetic dead woman (aka ghost) trying to get her broken up family together. That's putting the story line in very plain words, but that's not the case here.

The story seems very familiar, but the writing style and the emotions the characters go through are expressed in an amazing way where they blend in with the reader's own thoughts. That's the best thing about this book. The fact that I'm in the thriller and mystery phase right now didn't help in liking this book.
Sanjana Argula
Apr 04, 2014 Sanjana Argula rated it really liked it
Spiritual? holy? Mystical? Supernatural? Maybe.

Katherine Fitzgerald is a ghost. And she is here to set things right. Her loveless marriage to her husband William, her daughter Celia who left the house when she was eighteen, her grandson Matt who was born as an accident and other things gone haywire has brought her here.

Kate realizes that she can help make everyone's lives better by indirectly steering her grandson to set things right. Soon, she's on a mission to undo the wrongs she has ever done
Deb
Aug 18, 2010 Deb rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very touching: A woman learns about reconciliation through understanding people from a non-selfish perspective... of course this is not easy. Set in Great Britain & France
Nova White
Mar 21, 2013 Nova White rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books I have ever read, really enjoyed it. A supernatural feel with romance and love. A make you think book also , loved it . One of my treasures .
Drea
Aug 22, 2008 Drea rated it liked it
Shelves: august-2008
This was an enjoyable book which dealt with death and reconnecting a family after that death. I found it cute and quirky and charming all at the same time.
Genny73
Feb 17, 2013 Genny73 rated it really liked it
Loved this....! She's dead but not gone, interesting point of view!
Jt
Feb 23, 2009 Jt rated it liked it
Different but pretty good to read.
Ana Rebelo
Jun 21, 2013 Ana Rebelo rated it it was ok
A escrita está bastante bem adaptada ao estilo literário e, no final, a história faz-nos pensar que nunca é tarde para mudarmos e nos redimirmos. Não houve uma personagem que permanecesse inalterada ao longo do livro e muito se deve à presença do fantasma de Kate, a personagem principal que morre logo no primeiro capítulo e que se torna um espírito que tenta reunir a família.
O grande problema deste livro passa pelo facto de haverem demasiados factos que não são explicados, como, por exemplo, o f
Jamie Kim
Jun 19, 2014 Jamie Kim rated it really liked it
I thought the summary of the book sounded kind of lame... I've never enjoyed books that have anything to do with angels and ghosts and whatnot, BUT I enjoyed this one. I was interested in the story throughout, and I felt sorry for the Kate plenty of times. I kept wishing the ending would be vengeful just as the main character felt it should be when she first saw her life, but my feelings change (like that of the main character's) as the story developed. I really enjoyed the book, but I don't see ...more
Punya Nayak
I find this story to be really sweet and heart wrenching at the same time.
(view spoiler)
Darlene
Mar 23, 2014 Darlene rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Interesting read with main character narrating after she had died. Are there things we only discover after our deaths? Love her form of retaliation against kids bullying her grandson. I would recommend it as a light book to read when you don't want something heavy to think hard about.
David
Jul 23, 2016 David added it
Just finished this! I'm sitting on my couch, a windstorm happening outside, and I'm sobbing at this beautifully done story! I had planned on doing a blog post on this but I'm afraid I might not be able to, so I'm doing it here.
I absolutely adored this condensed version, will have to find a full copy!
Hannah
Apr 19, 2015 Hannah rated it liked it
The writing was good and the story line was pretty good. It wasn't my favorite book, but it was tolerable. (view spoiler)
Lynne
Feb 09, 2015 Lynne rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
A nice book about what "after death" may be like. Not a religious book by any means, just a meander through the lives of some people.
Jennifer Morefield
May 30, 2016 Jennifer Morefield rated it really liked it
I liked the concept of this story which was altering life for family from above, so to speak. A good story and a worthy read.
Swetha Dasari
Oct 14, 2014 Swetha Dasari rated it really liked it
Isabel
May 11, 2015 Isabel rated it it was amazing
Family and Forgiveness. :)
Pauline Doyle
I read this book May 2006
Abigail
Jan 26, 2014 Abigail rated it liked it
Me gusto mucho ya que me encanto la forma en que arregla la vida de su familia antes de partir.
Jen
Sep 25, 2007 Jen rated it really liked it
It took me a while to get into it, but I ended up liking this book. The character of William reminded me so much of my dad that I could swear he was modeled after him. Because of this, I didn't believe the complete transformation that took place in him because I can't imagine my dad changing that much. Still, because that character felt so familiar, I was drawn into the book and by the end I couldn't put it down.
Jul 09, 2009 Laura rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Girl Underground
Aug 20, 2008 Girl Underground rated it it was ok
This was a rough read. It was hard to invest in the characters until the last quarter of the book, the flow was stuttered, and the plot was forced. Too much of the book's "magic" was convenient, and it made me roll my eyes. I've yet to read it, but I wonder if this is a knockoff of Alice Sebold's "The Lovely Bones."
Lisa Murray
Oct 30, 2013 Lisa Murray rated it really liked it
what a great library shelf find. This delightful book shows a woman who dies in her 50's and how she works from a state of limbo to help her estranged child, awkward grandson and adulterous husband to reconcile and create a family
Sangeetha
Apr 28, 2013 Sangeetha rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
I totally enjoyed reading this book. It was funny, it was sweet! Loved the characters........I wasn't really plannin' on reading this book but I just opened the first page and ended up finishing it! I liked it A LOT! :)
Bindiu Vinod
Apr 27, 2016 Bindiu Vinod rated it it was ok
This book is different when compared to the others that I have read. The author seem to belive in spirit still alive after a person is dead for doing good to others. She calls it an Angel
Ram
May 01, 2010 Ram rated it really liked it
an emotionally wrenching book about a distraught family that gets protected by its god-angel. Quite a good book, my first one for 2009, happy to open the account on the first day itself.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Orbit
  • Quite Honestly
  • The Souls of the Ships
  • Mosaic
  • Passion's Sweet Revenge (Marshall Brothers, #2)
  • The Forever Year
  • The women of Eden (Eden #4)
  • Pirate's Golden Promise
  • Wild Rapture (Wild Arizona, #2)
  • Bayou Bride
  • My Gallant Enemy
  • Sioux Splendor
  • Rainbow's End
  • To Love a Rogue
  • Promise Me Forever (Sisters of Mercy Flats, #3)
  • The Angel & the Outlaw