Start by marking “Diving Through Clouds” as Want to Read:
Diving Through Clouds

Diving Through Clouds

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  175 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Kate Fitzgerald's spirit hovers above her hospital bed, looking down on her lifeless body. She finds herself far from extinguished but rather in some sort of limbo. She travels freely back and forth into the lives of those she left behind--her cold unloving husband, William; his lover, Veronica; her best friend, Veronica (yes, you guessed it); her estranged daughter, Celia ...more
Published April 1st 2005 by Thomas Dunne Books (first published August 13th 1957)

To ask other readers questions about Diving Through Clouds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diving Through Clouds

Shalaka
Good book. Liked the way the author has described complicated relations in a family smoothly from vantage point of a ghost of a family member. Apart from that Hallos Eve part(where Kate's ghost plays kind of 'superghost'!!), liked the book. Good imagination.
Nandaily
I liked this book; different viewpoint coming from main character, who is deceased but remains on earth and can see what and effect what is going on in the lives of those she leaves behind. Fun read. Also, makes you think you don't want to leaves this world regretting how you lived.
Rebecca
Quick and charming. Too bad the main character couldn't have enjoyed life as much as the 'between' time.
Dee
Sanjana Argula
Spiritual? holy? Mystical? Supernatural? Maybe.

Katherine Fitzgerald is a ghost. And she is here to set things right. Her loveless marriage to her husband William, her daughter Celia who left the house when she was eighteen, her grandson Matt who was born as an accident and other things gone haywire has brought her here.

Kate realizes that she can help make everyone's lives better by indirectly steering her grandson to set things right. Soon, she's on a mission to undo the wrongs she has ever done
Deb
Very touching: A woman learns about reconciliation through understanding people from a non-selfish perspective... of course this is not easy. Set in Great Britain & France
Nova White
This is one of the best books I have ever read, really enjoyed it. A supernatural feel with romance and love. A make you think book also , loved it . One of my treasures .
Drea
This was an enjoyable book which dealt with death and reconnecting a family after that death. I found it cute and quirky and charming all at the same time.
Genny73
Loved this....! She's dead but not gone, interesting point of view!
Jt
Different but pretty good to read.
Ana Rebelo
A escrita está bastante bem adaptada ao estilo literário e, no final, a história faz-nos pensar que nunca é tarde para mudarmos e nos redimirmos. Não houve uma personagem que permanecesse inalterada ao longo do livro e muito se deve à presença do fantasma de Kate, a personagem principal que morre logo no primeiro capítulo e que se torna um espírito que tenta reunir a família.
O grande problema deste livro passa pelo facto de haverem demasiados factos que não são explicados, como, por exemplo, o f
Jamie Kim
I thought the summary of the book sounded kind of lame... I've never enjoyed books that have anything to do with angels and ghosts and whatnot, BUT I enjoyed this one. I was interested in the story throughout, and I felt sorry for the Kate plenty of times. I kept wishing the ending would be vengeful just as the main character felt it should be when she first saw her life, but my feelings change (like that of the main character's) as the story developed. I really enjoyed the book, but I don't see ...more
Punya Nayak
I find this story to be really sweet and heart wrenching at the same time.
(view spoiler)
Darlene
Interesting read with main character narrating after she had died. Are there things we only discover after our deaths? Love her form of retaliation against kids bullying her grandson. I would recommend it as a light book to read when you don't want something heavy to think hard about.
Hannah
The writing was good and the story line was pretty good. It wasn't my favorite book, but it was tolerable. (view spoiler)
Lynne
A nice book about what "after death" may be like. Not a religious book by any means, just a meander through the lives of some people.
Swetha Dasari
Isabel
Family and Forgiveness. :)
Pauline Doyle
I read this book May 2006
Abigail
Me gusto mucho ya que me encanto la forma en que arregla la vida de su familia antes de partir.
Jen
It took me a while to get into it, but I ended up liking this book. The character of William reminded me so much of my dad that I could swear he was modeled after him. Because of this, I didn't believe the complete transformation that took place in him because I can't imagine my dad changing that much. Still, because that character felt so familiar, I was drawn into the book and by the end I couldn't put it down.
Girl Underground
This was a rough read. It was hard to invest in the characters until the last quarter of the book, the flow was stuttered, and the plot was forced. Too much of the book's "magic" was convenient, and it made me roll my eyes. I've yet to read it, but I wonder if this is a knockoff of Alice Sebold's "The Lovely Bones."
Lisa Murray
what a great library shelf find. This delightful book shows a woman who dies in her 50's and how she works from a state of limbo to help her estranged child, awkward grandson and adulterous husband to reconcile and create a family
Sangeetha
I totally enjoyed reading this book. It was funny, it was sweet! Loved the characters........I wasn't really plannin' on reading this book but I just opened the first page and ended up finishing it! I liked it A LOT! :)
Ram
an emotionally wrenching book about a distraught family that gets protected by its god-angel. Quite a good book, my first one for 2009, happy to open the account on the first day itself.
Abbie
  • Quite Honestly
  • Mosaic
  • The Forever Year
  • Every Time I Love You
  • Maximum Security (Marty Nickerson, #3)
  • Hold Up the Sky
  • Each Time We Love
  • Chase the Wind (Apache Runaway, #2)
  • A Girl's Guide to Demon Hunting
  • How to Seduce a Ghost (Lee Bartholomew, #1)
  • Much Ado About Jessie Kaplan
  • The Souls of the Ships
  • Wild Rapture (Wild Arizona, #2)
  • Sea Jewel (Viking Trilogy, #1)
  • To Love a Rogue
  • Pirate
  • Beyond the Horizon (Horizon Set, #1)
A Place for Unicorns Eden Fading Butterfly Tumbling Jude Five Minute Dips: Observations from a life lived