Start by marking “Personal Changes (Personal, #2)” as Want to Read:
Personal Changes (Personal, #2)

Personal Changes (Personal #2)

The sequel to Making it Personal...

Rick Wentworth has had enough of one night stands and quickies in clubs. It takes a night of uncharacteristic hedonism to make Rick admit what he really wants - someone to love him. But for that to happen, he needs to make some changes. Rick can do that. After all, what’s the alternative? And when he meets a guy who ticks all his boxes, h
Published December 23rd 2013 by Island Tales Press

To ask other readers questions about Personal Changes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Personal Changes

*Lynn*
I enjoyed this one a bit more than the last. It just seemed more put together. I liked Rick and Angelo together. They meet in unfortunate circumstances but the relationship that develops from that encounter was pretty sweet.

Rick is use to one night stands and has a pretty hot one with Oli and Ben. But nothing looks as appealing in the morning after and for Rick, this morning after has him realizing he needs to change and that he wants more than a one off. He wants someone to love him. A night ou
Macky
" I WANT SOMEONE TO LOVE ME "

This is Ricks silent plea to himself after he hooks up and has a uncharacteristic threesome with two gorgeous strangers he meets at his favourite club.
( Set the air conditioning on icy cold for that scene!)

They have an unbelievable night where he indulges in things he's never experienced before but instead of basking in the afterglow of hot sex, he's left feeling sluttish, confused and depressed by the whole encounter.

A few days later at work he tells Will:

"
Bev

It's KC Wells, so what did I do....loved it. 4.5 stars and a huge... from me.

This book carries on from Making It Personal, and we all know Rick. He works for Blake Davis at Trinity Publishing, and has made a very good friend indeed in Will Parkinson (I still smile when I see that name), but now that Blake has 'come out' and got engaged to Will, it's time for Will to move on and write that book he needs to write, and he confides in Rick and tells him that in 8 weeks time he will be leaving. Will
Gina
Jan 04, 2014 Gina rated it it was amazing
KC Wells hit it out of the park with this one! For me this was a home run hit!

This is book 2 in the Personal Series, and as much as I enjoyed the first one this book just blew it away. This is Rick’s story, he is someone who is looking for love in all the wrong places as the song goes. He has been doing one night stands, sex with strange men, getting close to no one. After a particularly hot sex filled night, Rick wakes up feeling more alone and empty then ever before. He wants more, he wants so
Tina
Dec 28, 2013 Tina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance

4,5 stars.

Personal Changes is the sequel to K.C Wells’ Making it Personal. I loved everything about it: The great plot, the well developed characters, and the feelings and emotions.

Rick is used to casual one-night-stands that make him realize one day he needs a change. He is so sweet in his yearning for love and his desire to change his life. He wants someone special in is life, he wants to be cherished, he wants to be loved. He wants this special thing his best friend Will and his boss Blake h
Jenni
Jan 27, 2014 Jenni rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: meh, series, biob
Knowing I didn't connect with the first book in this series should have been a tip off that this wouldn't go well. Fool me once and all that.

Personal Changes starts off immediately after the final events in Making it Personal. Rick works for a thriving publishing house in London, and he's been unlucky in love. After a string of mindless hookups--including a three-way with two men he meets one night at his favorite dance club--leave him feeling empty, Rick vows to find himself a serious relations
Nic
Dec 26, 2013 Nic rated it it was amazing
You know when you read a book and you really, really like it, so when a sequel is released, your expectations are really high? And you hope and hope that the sequel is just as good? Well, this sequel is even better!

This story has all the elements that make it a true page-turner. From Rick's desire to find true love, his regret at his casual sexual exploits, attempted rape, good friends, finding love, intolerant families, loving families, ultimatums, violence, love and lots of hot sex.

The story s
JR
Feb 03, 2014 JR rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: romantics everywhere
I realize this is in the middle of a set, but I liked the blurb. This turned out to be a lovely romantic story about Rick, who works in publishing and Angelo, a wood carver/designer.

Rick has a life devoted to one night stands, when he gets into trouble with one of these, his guardian angel Angelo comes to the rescue. Angelo wants to take it slow, he wants this to become the relationship he has longed for. Rick, well he's a hot mess, but eventually he wants the same.

There are ups and downs, e
Debra

Another wonderful read from K.C. Wells. As with her previous books, I found it so easy to get invested in the characters and root for a happily ever after, while knowing that the men are going to have to work for it.

Personal Changes starts right after the New Year’s Eve events in Making it Personal (although this book can easily be read as a standalone). Now that Blake and Will have gotten engaged, their friend and co-worker Rick is looking for love as well. He has not had much luck wi
Katrina Passick Lumsden
I read this second book in the Personal series from the boxed set that was free on Kindle Unlimited. I'm probably not going to continue the series. While I didn't mind the first book, this one was a bit of a chore to slog through as it contained so many of my pet peeves when it comes to characterization.

First, at the very beginning of the book is a very detailed sex scene between Rick and characters which are not his intended HEA. I despise this. If you're going to make the main character have
Serena Yates
Mar 20, 2016 Serena Yates rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
‘Personal Changes’ picks up right at the end of ‘Making It Personal’ – not counting the epilogue that showed a piece of Will and Blake’s future. But even though I knew part of what was next for them, my enjoyment of Rick and Angelo’s story didn’t suffer at all. The focus of this second installment was firmly on Rick and his newfound determination to find a man to love, rather than to race from one hookup to the next. Paired with Angelo’s gentlemanly behavior, followed by horrible issues with his ...more
Candice
Apr 07, 2014 Candice rated it really liked it
Why didn't anyone tell me I was going to cry so much? My heart was shattered over Rick! He just wanted to be loved and nothing worked out.

I didn't like how Will and Blake was constantly in Rick's business though. I know they are friends and everything, but COME ON give the guy some space.

Angelo. Oh my sweet, sweet, Angelo. I really liked you. You were great. Then you broke my heart. How could you do that?

Why do people let their families rule their lives? Seriously. I never understood it. I com
Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
May 31, 2014 Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
I don't know why I waited so long to read this. Ms. Wells is brilliant as a writer I have loved everything I have read by her. This was no exception. My emotions we're charged from the go. I felt for Rick in so many ways. Loved this story!
Gigi
Mar 04, 2015 Gigi rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-contemporary
Read this one during my Hawaiian vacation in 2013. Remember really enjoying it, but don't remember enough to review.

Guess I'll just have to re-read at a later date! :)
Lauren
I'm not sure where to start with this review, because I loved this book SO DAMN MUCH. There was just so much to love! Ever since I read Making it Personal, I'd been dying to read Rick's story. I adored the first book - and Blake and Will, naturally - so much, and once I'd read their HEA, I was desperate to see Rick have his own happy ending too. When I first got this book, I was insanely busy at work. I had two late shifts back-to-back, and I kept saying to myself "you don't have the time to sta ...more
Lauren Marks
Dec 29, 2013 Lauren Marks rated it it was amazing
Personal Changes is the brilliant sequel to K.C Wells’ Making it Personnel. This book made me smile, tear up, despair and rejoice. I loved every moment of it!

I sat down for a cup of tea this morning and decided I would read for 15 minutes. Several hours later someone knocked on my front door destroying my short reading break. It was the best way to spend a day. The story hooked me and I was carried through Rick’s journey. I didn’t want it to end.

I loved the story line of this book. We get a gl
Lena Polskaia
Oct 28, 2014 Lena Polskaia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-romance
On retrouve dans ce second tome tout ce qui faisait le charme du premier, beaucoup de tendresse, de douceur, et quelques scènes … torrides !
Le scénario est digne d’une comédie romantique : un jeune homme gay bien dans ses baskets, qui a su profiter sans complexe de son célibat, mais qui voudrait passer à autre chose, inspiré par l’amour qui uni son ami Will et son patron Blake. Lassé des coups d’un soir, il rêve de trouver l’amour, parie sur le mauvais cheval et se voit sauvé in extrémis par un
Veronica /  V
Jan 29, 2014 Veronica / V rated it it was ok
In my opinion, this book stand alone, I didn’t read the previews stories and it didn't matter at all.

From this point you might want to read under your own risk ;)

At the beginning of this story it has a 3some with Double Penetration, a nearly rape, and a main character Rick, who is a slut but suddenly wants to settle down and have a real relationship.
Rick met Angelo, a 30 year old hot Italian that in my eyes was the biggest wimp who is plain and simple scare of his father, and he doesn't want to
Pjm12
I really want to love these books, but somehow something's missing for me. I can see what I am meant to feel about the characters, and it's hard to admit they just don't.

Rick is an innocent who has got into sleeping around by circumstance rather than by desire. He really just wants monogamy and to feel loved. The mmm scene that starts the book is the impetus he needs to call a halt to his wanton ways, and to try to find someone who deserves his love.

Therefore when he meets Julian, we hold our br
Qhuay
Oct 28, 2014 Qhuay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
En finissant le tome 1, il était hors de question que je passe à autre chose sans lire ce tome 2. Et j'ai bien fait. Ce tome 2 est encore meilleur que le 1. Nous retrouvons les mêmes personnages, nous avons droit aux mêmes interactions mais avec un nouvel arrivant et une très belle histoire. triste et poignante à certains moment et absolument adorable à d'autres.

Une très belle surprise et une jolie découverte à lire indiscutablement. Si vous aimez les belles histoires avec juste ce qu'il faut de
Dani Elle Maas
Jan 10, 2014 Dani Elle Maas rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-review
"I recieved a copy of this book from the author for a fair and honost review "

Rick’s story? “Yeah!” That was my first reaction after falling in love with Will and Blake in the first part of this series and I was so curious for the next part.

And boy oh boy was it a worthy next part for sure!

Make sure you read this somewhere where you cannot be disturbed and you have air-conditioning on or something because this book is Hot with a capital H.

When we meet Rick in the start of this book, we find him
Barb ~rede-2-read~
I am really enjoying this series. KC Wells is my new "go to" author when I want to read something contemporary with a twist of angst and memorable, enjoyable MCs. In this case, Angelo was memorable for the wrong reason, i.e., I wanted to slap him upside the head a few times and then go back and do it again.

I liked Rick-- more in this story than the quick peek in the first book. He was charming, cute, sexy and ready for a commitment. The author involved him in an extremely hot threesome at the b
Becky Condit
Jan 06, 2014 Becky Condit rated it it was amazing
I love, love, love this series! Well, actually, at this point there are only two books but I’m happy to tell you there will be more. When you love a series and a new book comes out it is easy to be disappointed if the author doesn’t deliver a high quality story. KC Wells does not disappoint with Personal Changes. It carries the series forward and delivers new characters and a new tale in keeping with the nature of Making It Personal.
We begin with an awful (for the MC) threesome. Rick meets two
Vallie
Feb 26, 2014 Vallie rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, sweet-smexy

Really nice follow-up to "Making it personal". There was scum ex-boyfriend drama, family drama, kind, loyal friends that make you get your shit together when you're being stupid, and a tender love interest. Perfect recipe for a sweet, sexy read. I'd rather have read a little more of the sex and less of the drama, but it was alright. Not an angst-fest or anything, just...pretty average, I guess. An enjoyable read nonetheless, with very likeable, emotional characters.

Recommend!
Wicked
Feb 09, 2016 Wicked rated it liked it
3.5 I kind of wanted to wrap Rick in a big fuzzy blanket and snuggle him for most of this book. I'm glad he got his HEA but I had very familial feelings towards him which is strange (even more so since it should have been Angelo that felt like that to me because his Sicilian family could have been my own). That made the romance/sex weird for me but that has zero to do with the writing or the story. I'm still all about the K.C. Wells love, I think she's brilliant.
Leaundra
Oct 08, 2015 Leaundra rated it it was amazing
Loved it! This book might have even been better than the first book and I loved that one! I love K.C. Wells writing and her sex scenes are fricken is H.O.T. hot! I loved Rick and Angelo together. They were just perfect for each other. I'm excited to read the next in the series...
Chris
Nov 05, 2016 Chris rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
3.5 stars for this sweet read. Although there were moments of drama, possessive dicks and homophobic parents, Rick & Angelo proved that listening to your heart was worth it.
Sandra
Mar 01, 2015 Sandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
piaciuto piu' del primo. serie bella e molto hot. curiosa sul protagonista del terzo.
Momshell
Jan 04, 2014 Momshell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm, series
I liked this book more than the first one if that's even possible, Rick is an amazing character.
Valérie
May 25, 2014 Valérie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-books
J’ai vraiment aimé une affaire personnelle qui est une romance sexy et sympathique avec deux héros attachants, mais deux ou trois points m’avaient chiffonnée, dont les personnages féminins caricaturaux au possible. Eh bien cette suite j’ai adoré, elle est parfaite (selon moi attention), Rick est absolument adorable, son envie de trouver un partenaire est touchante même si c’est une image très idéalisée de l’homme parfait, KC retranscrit parfaitement ses doutes, son dégout pour sa vie passée, ses ...more
  • I Can See For Miles
  • Pitch (Transitions, #1)
  • Heart Knot Mine
  • Breaking Point (Turning Point, #2)
  • A Hunted Man (The Men of Halfway House, #2)
  • Stripped Away (The Escapade #2)
  • Better Than Friends (Better Than, #3)
  • The V Unit
  • Payoff (Market Garden, #6)
  • Foolish Me (The Light in Your Eye #2)
  • Edges
  • Tequila Mockingbird (Sinners #3)
  • Husband Material
  • Gambling Men
  • Another Way (Another Way #1)
  • Lovegames (Queen City #2)
  • My Heartache Cowboy (The Cowboys, #2)
  • Bloodline (Unnamed London PNR Series #2)
Born and raised in the north-west of England, K.C. WELLS always loved writing. Words were important. Full stop. However, when childhood gave way to adulthood, the writing ceased, as life got in the way. K.C. discovered erotic fiction in 2009, when the purchase of a ménage storyline led to the startling discovery that reading about men in love was damn hot. In 2012, arriving at a really low point ...more
More about K.C. Wells...

Personal (3 books)
  • Making it Personal (Personal, #1)
  • Personal Secrets (Personal, #3)