Start by marking “Wrapped in Leather” as Want to Read:
Wrapped in Leather

Wrapped in Leather

To celebrate his decision to take the next step with his boyfriend Ian, Toshi Baylor plans a romantic evening at their favorite steak house. Toshi starts the special weekend with a bang by surprising Ian at home with lunch. There’s a bang all right, but it’s between Ian and another guy.

Jase Taylor’s auto repair shop and the BDSM club, Wrapped Up, keep him busy while he wa
Published January 3rd 2014 by Dreamspinner Press (first published January 2nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Wrapped in Leather, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrapped in Leather

Chris, the Dalek King
Walking into his boyfriend’s house and finding said boyfriend ass deep in someone else’s…well, ass, was not how he wanted to go about popping the ‘moving in’ question. But with a little revenge à la shrimp and determination to bury everything under a pile of high-grade steak, Toshi sets out to forget the horrible, no good, downright boring relationship with Ian.

When he has to fire a longtime employee for being drunk, belligerent, and having an alarming tendency to throw heavy objects around Jase
Vivian
Feb 03, 2014 Vivian rated it it was ok
Shelves: erotica-contemp

The storyline was good and the characters interesting, but the narrative style just uninspiring. There were too many instances of minutae delineated that dragged it down and the ending was a quick boxing up with an obvious lead-in for a follow up book with two secondary characters. It was a nice story, just not engaging.
Debra
Feb 14, 2014 Debra rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable read with characters and a relationship that felt real. Toshi and Jace meet by chance due to a reservation mix-up at a restaurant. Toshi invites Jace to dine with him and the two men hit it off quite well. Both men have been hurt, most recently Toshi who just caught his boyfriend cheating on him. Toshi soon realizes that Jace can offer him the dominance in the bedroom that was missing from his past relationship.

The two men are nurturing both their friendship and
DL
Feb 25, 2014 DL rated it it was ok
Parts of this story were told with excruciating detail and others were brushed over so quickly I thought I missed a page or two. I was going to give examples but they were too spoilery.
Joyfully Jay
Jan 15, 2014 Joyfully Jay rated it really liked it
Shelves: sammy
This review was originally written for Joyfully Jay Reviews.

Wrapped in Leather by M.A. Church began with an interesting story arc and a tense build up of action and continued for over three-fourths of the novel. By juxtaposing the developing D/s relationship between Jase and Toshi with the mysterious stalker side story, the author gave us an exciting story line that is both sexually charged and steeped in mystery. I felt that Church used her characters wisely, exploring both the submis
Anke
Jan 22, 2014 Anke rated it liked it
The story was interesting enough to get me to finish it. The writing was a bit off for me, I got especially aggravated about the use of the word 'gods' - according to my kindle it was used 127 times! The stalker storyline was build up nicely, only to fizzle out in the end.
Adrianamae, Marco's fan
See Carissa's review. Perfect!
Christy Duke
Jan 23, 2014 Christy Duke rated it really liked it
Strong 3.5
'Wrapped in Leather' by M.A. Church is only the second book by this author that I've had the pleasure of reading. Since the first book I read was a fantasy/sci-fi, jumping into a contemporary romance was a lot of fun. Inasmuch as I'm a fan of BDSM and I enjoy reading new authors (to me) of the genre, the appeal of this book was multifaceted.

Toshi wrapped around me right from the beginning. I have a weakness for teachers as my mother was one, so Toshi being a high school world history t
Sammy Goode
Jan 15, 2014 Sammy Goode rated it liked it

Toshi knew his current relationship with Ian was far from perfect but little did he know how bad it was until he opted to surprise Ian with dinner one evening. When he caught Ian in bed with another man, Toshi knew that it was well and truly over for him and Ian and not a minute too soon. You see there was far more wrong with their partnership than simple cheating. Toshi had needs—a very profound need to be dominated and Ian simply could not deliver. Set adrift and wondering if his lov
Tina
Feb 19, 2015 Tina rated it it was amazing
I had never read any works by M. A. Church prior to reading Wrapped in Leather but it will definitely not be the last time I read this author. I thoroughly enjoyed this story along with Toshi and Jase. Both men were strong in different ways and they complemented each other wonderfully.Ms. Church gave us a well written story that felt sexy and real. I loved Toshi and totally enjoyed his offbeat method of vengeance. Even through his pain I found laughter; however that is not to say that Ms. ...more
Alicia Nordwell
Jan 20, 2014 Alicia Nordwell rated it really liked it
MA Church offers up a tale of self-exploration and acceptance with Wrapped in Leather. I liked that the story didn't revolve around the usual type of characters you'd expect in a bdsm tale. Both men felt real, and that aspect is vital in this type of story. No one knew everything, no one was perfect... but Toshi and Jase worked together to find their happiness. I had a few quibbles as I usually do, lol, but they didn't detract much from my enjoyment of the story. I certainly enjoyed the false ...more
Tj
Sep 06, 2015 Tj rated it liked it
Shelves: have, read-2015
This was a nice enough story. There was something missing though. Lots of little detail in parts but then the ending was quickly wrapped up. The title and everything pointed to a BDSM book, and this was but it wasn't as "Dom/Sub" as I thought it would be.

I appreciate getting detail in a story but there was an awkwardness to the timing of the detail that just didn't flow well. Then when we needed more detail or more to the story, like who is causing trouble for the men, we don't get it.

All in al
Brandilyn
Mar 13, 2015 Brandilyn rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, read-2014
Not every book is going to appeal to every individual. The same can be said about reviewers. Just because we are given a book to review, doesn’t mean we are necessarily the right person to review said book. That is what happened with Wrapped in Leather, and how I ended up reviewing it. I am actually glad that happened, because I quite enjoyed the story and was introduced to a new to me author at the same time.

Find the Full review at Prism Book Alliance http://www.prismbookalliance.com/?pos...
Thomaidha Papa
Feb 06, 2014 Thomaidha Papa rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, bdsm, dom-sub
3~3.5 Hearts
Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

This is a story that combines romance and kinks nicely. Easily to read and follow the storyline we get to meet two characters that are quite charming. I’m a fan of kinky reads and, while sometimes they are quite heavy, this one managed to keep with a light-hearted feeling throughout the plot, even as things got a bit complicated and danger lurked down the corner...

Read the entire review here.

Thommie
Amber
Jan 26, 2014 Amber rated it liked it
There wasn't anything wrong with this story but at the same time there wasn't anything to eye catching either. There was one problem that was outside of the MC relationship but otherwise Toshi and Jase met and fell in love pretty easily. Despite the fact both guys had some bad break ups neither one was carrying to much baggage which left very little in the way of drama. There was some good sex scenes and I really liked Toshi's sometime bratty yet submissive character alot, I just wish there ...more
Ryane
Oct 04, 2016 Ryane rated it it was amazing
The ebb and flow of the characters was done well. Taking an inexperienced submissive is no small feet. It was done with careful planning and heart. Boundaries were set and respected. The flow of the story was smooth and even.

The crazy was underlying and handled with finesse. The twist caught me off guard. If you are looking to read about the stars lining up and fate bringing two hearts together, you will find it here.
Marinieves Cordero
Jul 13, 2014 Marinieves Cordero rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book and the story. Toshi and Jase meet at a restaurant when Jase's reservation is messed up. Toshi invites him to eat with him and they have a great time.

Toshi likes the things Jase makes him feel and they form a relationship.

When Toshi's life is disrupted Jase is there for him.

I like the story and it is written well.
Andrea
Oct 03, 2014 Andrea rated it liked it
2.5
It was okay but didn't impress me and I don't think it will be a re-read. The writing was adequate but I didn't feel anything for the characters. The BDSM was nicely presented but I would have preferred more in the club.
Pamela Su
Jun 06, 2015 Pamela Su rated it liked it
A fun but unmemorable romance.

The BDSM aspect was not really a big part of the story. I don't think the Dom/sub relationship was explored as much as it could have been.

Toshi and Jase were a cute couple though.

~RMG
Jan 18, 2014 ~RMG rated it did not like it
1.5 stars - Word flow wasn't the best, and the story/characters didn't resonate with me. This one just wasn't for me.
Gigi
Oct 11, 2014 Gigi marked it as dnr-dnf-not-4-me
Shelves: mm-bdsm
Maybe I'll try this later, but I'm not motivated to finish it right now. Just didn't pack enough punch for me.
Kazy
Kazy rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2014
Draupnir
Draupnir rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2015
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2014
Carol Gardner
Carol Gardner rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2015
sm84
sm84 rated it liked it
May 27, 2014
Sabrina
Sabrina rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2016
A
A rated it liked it
May 31, 2014
Susanna G
Susanna G rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2016
Lesley
Lesley rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Dreamspinner Press: Wrapped in Leather by M.A. Church 1 9 Jan 03, 2014 09:50PM
  • Heart
  • Shepherd, Slave, and Vow
  • Cruel to be Kind
  • Deliver Us (Deliver Us, #1)
  • Caged Sanctuary
  • Breakdown (Don't..., #3)
  • In The Absence of Monsters
  • Beautiful boy
  • Do What You Want
  • Not Microwave Safe (A Halloween Story)
  • Routine Watch
  • The Boy Who Belonged (Boy, #2)
  • Off Sides
  • Servitude
  • Apartment 1209
  • Bound: Forget Me Knot
  • His Heart Belongs to Daddy
  • Debt
M.A. Church is a true Southern belle who spent many years in the elementary education sector. Now she spends her days lost in fantasy worlds, arguing with hardheaded aliens on far-off planets, herding her numerous shifters, or trying to tempt her country boys away from their fishing poles. It’s a full time job, but hey, someone’s gotta do it!

When not writing, she’s on the back porch tending to th
More about M.A. Church...