Start by marking “The Complete Adventures of Peter Rabbit” as Want to Read:
The Complete Adventures of Peter Rabbit
Preview

The Complete Adventures of Peter Rabbit

4.45 of 5 stars 4.45  ·  rating details  ·  11,192 ratings  ·  31 reviews
This is a collection of all the Beatrix Potter stories featuring Peter Rabbit so that his escapades can be followed as a continuous saga. It includes The Tale of Peter Rabbit, The Tale of Benjamin Bunny, The Tale of the Flopsy Bunnies and The Tale of Mr Tod.
Published February 10th 2003 by Warne (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Adventures of Peter Rabbit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Adventures of Peter Rabbit

steph
Ok, never read Beatrix Potter as a kid (though I have heard of Peter Rabbit and recognized her illustrations pretty well because she's so popular) so reading this for school was really my first time ever but ohmy, this book. IT WAS AWESOME. It had things that I don't think children's books could get away with saying nowadays. For example in "Tale of Peter Rabbit" the mother warned the bunnies not to go into Mr. McGregor's garden because their father was captured and baked into a pie and it SHOWS ...more
Astrid Yrigollen
I own the box sets for all of Beatrix Potter's work and love it to death. Great reading for a children at bed time!
Benjamin
Beatrix Potter was always a favorite during childhood. Mom use to read to us from a collection of select stories. A few Christmases back I asked for some of her books, hoping to revisit the stories. This book was given then, though I never read the whole thing until now.

I knew the first tow stories in the collection well—the tales of Peter Rabbit and Benjamin Bunny. They were both in the old collection I knew. But the Second two stories, "The The of the Flopsy Bunnies" and "The Tale of Mr. Tod"
Nichole
My son and I read this as a part of Sonlight's P4/5 curriculum. I loved Beatrix Potter's stories as a child so I was excited to share these with my son. The stories were just as wonderful as I remembered. My son's favorite characters were Peter Rabbit and Benjamin Bunny. The illustrations in this edition are lovely. Even though the last story is quite long (we broke it up between 2 days) my son could have listened to whole thing in one sitting. He was completely enthralled. The older vocabulary ...more
Thecajungirl
A book that my children had me read out loud dozens and dozens of times. One of the first books they read independently. The short paragraphs and multitude of pictures simply gave my children the illusion they were reading a simple "picture book with a few more words." This book delighted them and greatly increased their vocabulary. Fantastic illustrations and wonderful stories.
Whole And
An excellent and timeless classic and worthy read.
Some editing on the parents part may be required as some parts were a bit dated in the style of parental discipline to the young rabbits.

Can also aid in encouraging eating veggies and drinking chamomile tea!
Parker Catlett-Miller
These tales are pretty horrific when you actually read them - little bunnies getting "dashed against" things, really mean characters, the bunnies smoke... so I'm glad we read them now so I will remember not to read them when he's older!!
I received this book as a gift for my newborn son. I read a story out of it once a day and he always has a smile on his face. A great childhood classic
Aaron
didn't recall this book being so stuffy, and British. Fun though when the stories got going.
Maddalena
This book colored my childhood. Wonderful, i love it!
Susan
May 21, 2014 Susan marked it as own-kids  ·  review of another edition
own-kids
Nine
Absolut empfehlenswert. Mein Mentee mag die Geschichten, auch wenn sie noch Probleme mit dem Lesen hat.
Jen
I can remember reading and loving the Tale of Peter Rabbit when I was a kid, and revisiting it as an adult was no less satisfying. This collection of the four stories was/is wonderful. While Peter Rabbit's tale is my favorite, the other three (The Tale of Benjamin Bunny, The Tale of the Flopsy Bunnies, and The Tale of Mr. Tod) were equally enjoyable.
Lori
A childhood favorite, follow the little rabbit takes on a whole new meaning in this series of anthropomorphic animal characters. While lessons are learned, it's not heavy handed moralistically.
Christine
My son and I read this together today and he absolutely loved it. I remember reading these as a child, so it's really awesome to enjoy them again, but this time with my son.
Matt
Cute book. Rather simple stories, not all of which were incredibly memorable, but I found the illustrations and Potter's use of language quite charming.
Amber
I understand these are cute stories and they have good morals in them, but frankly I find them kinda of boring, and so do my kids. They are cute though.
Teri
This is a must for any child's library. We love Beatrix Potter. Note: nice read anytime, but it you're looking for Easter "bunny" stories, these are great.
Holly
My preschooler really enjoys the story and ilustrations in this book. Written in the early 1900's, it is a story with a moral.
Snownan
Peter rabbit can bring a child out of anyone who is willing to let him in.
Analee
Very cute stories! I really enjoyed more stories from Beatrix Potter.
Anita
Jaime
A childhood fave & a gift from the Easter Bunny! :)
Sheila Read
I remember the cover but just not the story
J Caldwell
One of those treasures for a family
Apr 12, 2015 72 marked it as to-read
  • Uncle Wiggily's Story Book
  • The Children's Book of Virtues
  • The Year At Maple Hill Farm
  • The Berenstain Bears' Big Book of Science and Nature
  • Is a Blue Whale the Biggest Thing There Is?
  • Eric Carle's Animals Animals
  • How to Dig a Hole to the Other Side of the World
  • Richard Scarry's Please and Thank You Book
  • A Child's Book of Art: Great Pictures First Words
  • The 20th Century Children's Book Treasury: Celebrated Picture Books and Stories to Read Aloud
  • Pinocchio
  • The Milly-Molly-Mandy Storybook
  • The Fuzzy Duckling (A First Little Golden Book)
  • The Usborne Book of Living Long Ago (Explainers)
  • Tootle
  • The Llama Who Had No Pajama: 100 Favorite Poems
Helen Beatrix Potter was an English author, illustrator, mycologist, and conservationist who was best known for her children's books, which featured animal characters such as Peter Rabbit.

Born into a privileged household, Potter was educated by governesses, and grew up isolated from other children. She had numerous pets and through holidays in Scotland and the Lake District developed a love of lan
More about Beatrix Potter...
The Tale of Peter Rabbit The Complete Tales The Tale of Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle The Tale of Benjamin Bunny The Tale of Mr. Jeremy Fisher