Start by marking “The Complete Adventures of Peter Rabbit” as Want to Read:
The Complete Adventures of Peter Rabbit

The Complete Adventures of Peter Rabbit

4.46  ·  Rating Details ·  13,060 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
This is a collection of all the Beatrix Potter stories featuring Peter Rabbit so that his escapades can be followed as a continuous saga. It includes The Tale of Peter Rabbit, The Tale of Benjamin Bunny, The Tale of the Flopsy Bunnies and The Tale of Mr Tod.
Published February 10th 2003 by Warne (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Adventures of Peter Rabbit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Adventures of Peter Rabbit

steph
Ok, never read Beatrix Potter as a kid (though I have heard of Peter Rabbit and recognized her illustrations pretty well because she's so popular) so reading this for school was really my first time ever but ohmy, this book. IT WAS AWESOME. It had things that I don't think children's books could get away with saying nowadays. For example in "Tale of Peter Rabbit" the mother warned the bunnies not to go into Mr. McGregor's garden because their father was captured and baked into a pie and it SHOWS ...more
Steph
Feb 20, 2017 Steph rated it liked it
So cute even after all these years reading them again
Ebookwormy1
Beatrix Potter's stories of personified animals are a delightful tour of the themes that shape our lives: obedience... and disobedience, adventure, greed, guilt service, service, hard work, telling the truth, love, and on and on and on. These impressions are colored with Potter's whimsical mark of narration and illustration. A family treasure. Highly recommended.
Jo Woolfardis
[Quick review from memory until I re-read and re-review at a later date:

I've never really thought about Peter Rabbit much and I don't remember anything about this at all. Is that an omen?]
Astrid Yrigollen
Feb 19, 2013 Astrid Yrigollen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, classics
I own the box sets for all of Beatrix Potter's work and love it to death. Great reading for a children at bed time!
Sanja_Sanjalica
May 07, 2015 Sanja_Sanjalica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-and-ya
Beautiful, marvelous drawings, but some stories didn't raise to my expectations.
Benjamin Chandler
Jan 28, 2009 Benjamin Chandler rated it liked it
Shelves: childrensbooks
Beatrix Potter was always a favorite during childhood. Mom use to read to us from a collection of select stories. A few Christmases back I asked for some of her books, hoping to revisit the stories. This book was given then, though I never read the whole thing until now.

I knew the first tow stories in the collection well—the tales of Peter Rabbit and Benjamin Bunny. They were both in the old collection I knew. But the Second two stories, "The The of the Flopsy Bunnies" and "The Tale of Mr. Tod"
Nichole
My son and I read this as a part of Sonlight's P4/5 curriculum. I loved Beatrix Potter's stories as a child so I was excited to share these with my son. The stories were just as wonderful as I remembered. My son's favorite characters were Peter Rabbit and Benjamin Bunny. The illustrations in this edition are lovely. Even though the last story is quite long (we broke it up between 2 days) my son could have listened to whole thing in one sitting. He was completely enthralled. The older vocabulary ...more
Jason
Apr 15, 2016 Jason rated it really liked it
Not bad, nice little stories, I always thought Peter Rabbit was a cocky little creature but turns out he was really traumatised by his experience in Mr McGregor's garden, you really see this in the Benjamin bunny story, my daughter thought it was really sad.

The first 3 stories are short but the last one about Mr Tod feels epic, the pictures in that story amazing, especially the brutal fight between the fox and the badger. Love me a bit of violence in kids books.

Enjoyed this more than I expected,
Jen
I can remember reading and loving the Tale of Peter Rabbit when I was a kid, and revisiting it as an adult was no less satisfying. This collection of the four stories was/is wonderful. While Peter Rabbit's tale is my favorite, the other three (The Tale of Benjamin Bunny, The Tale of the Flopsy Bunnies, and The Tale of Mr. Tod) were equally enjoyable.
Thecajungirl
Feb 13, 2014 Thecajungirl rated it it was amazing
A book that my children had me read out loud dozens and dozens of times. One of the first books they read independently. The short paragraphs and multitude of pictures simply gave my children the illusion they were reading a simple "picture book with a few more words." This book delighted them and greatly increased their vocabulary. Fantastic illustrations and wonderful stories.
Ellena
This was a little boring for my son. He's 6 years old almost 7 so maybe I should have waiting to read it to him. Then again I was a little bored as well. However, the pictures are pretty and the storyline is cute. I have to give Beatrix Potter her props for making such cute stories.
Parker Catlett-Miller
These tales are pretty horrific when you actually read them - little bunnies getting "dashed against" things, really mean characters, the bunnies smoke... so I'm glad we read them now so I will remember not to read them when he's older!!
Whole And
Dec 30, 2014 Whole And rated it really liked it
An excellent and timeless classic and worthy read.
Some editing on the parents part may be required as some parts were a bit dated in the style of parental discipline to the young rabbits.

Can also aid in encouraging eating veggies and drinking chamomile tea!
Emilly
Jan 13, 2016 Emilly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Peter and Benjamin had fun stories but Mr.Brock's was a little more comical. I've had this book for years, but it is refreshing to read again.
Lori
Oct 24, 2011 Lori rated it liked it
A childhood favorite, follow the little rabbit takes on a whole new meaning in this series of anthropomorphic animal characters. While lessons are learned, it's not heavy handed moralistically.
Amber
May 08, 2009 Amber rated it liked it
I understand these are cute stories and they have good morals in them, but frankly I find them kinda of boring, and so do my kids. They are cute though.
Christine
Nov 19, 2013 Christine rated it it was amazing
My son and I read this together today and he absolutely loved it. I remember reading these as a child, so it's really awesome to enjoy them again, but this time with my son.
Matt
Jul 10, 2013 Matt rated it liked it
Cute book. Rather simple stories, not all of which were incredibly memorable, but I found the illustrations and Potter's use of language quite charming.
Wetdryvac Wetdryvac
Aug 24, 2015 Wetdryvac Wetdryvac rated it liked it
Different version of Peter Rabbit, variants in art, assuming I've got both versions correctly compared to Goodreads.
Feb 18, 2014 Jennifer rated it really liked it
I received this book as a gift for my newborn son. I read a story out of it once a day and he always has a smile on his face. A great childhood classic
Tawny
Nov 14, 2015 Tawny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute, simple stories published in 1902, but what vocabulary! I wish current children's books weren't so dumbed down.
JoMama
Jan 30, 2016 JoMama rated it it was amazing
One of my very favorites from childhood. I still have this book and have read it with 5 of my 6 children so far. Classic.
Holly
Jul 31, 2011 Holly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My preschooler really enjoys the story and ilustrations in this book. Written in the early 1900's, it is a story with a moral.
Teri
Oct 13, 2010 Teri rated it it was amazing
This is a must for any child's library. We love Beatrix Potter. Note: nice read anytime, but it you're looking for Easter "bunny" stories, these are great.
Nine
Feb 11, 2014 Nine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mentor
Absolut empfehlenswert. Mein Mentee mag die Geschichten, auch wenn sie noch Probleme mit dem Lesen hat.
tammy j temchack
tammy j temchack rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2014
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
May 25, 2012
Chelsea
Chelsea rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2012
  • Classic Tales of Brer Rabbit
  • Uncle Wiggily's Story Book
  • The Year At Maple Hill Farm
  • The Children's Book of Virtues
  • Stories from Around the World
  • Richard Scarry's Please and Thank You Book
  • The Lion Storyteller Bedtime Book: World Folk Tales Especially for Reading Aloud
  • Why Do Tigers Have Stripes?
  • What's Smaller Than a Pygmy Shrew?
  • Eric Carle's Animals Animals
  • The Berenstain Bears' Big Book of Science and Nature
  • How to Dig a Hole to the Other Side of the World
  • What's Under The Sea? (Usborne Starting Point Science)
  • The 20th Century Children's Book Treasury: Celebrated Picture Books and Stories to Read Aloud
  • Things People Do
  • A Child's Book of Art: Great Pictures First Words
  • The Fuzzy Duckling (a Little Golden Book)
  • Pinocchio
Helen Beatrix Potter was an English author, illustrator, mycologist, and conservationist who was best known for her children's books, which featured animal characters such as Peter Rabbit.

Born into a privileged household, Potter was educated by governesses, and grew up isolated from other children. She had numerous pets and through holidays in Scotland and the Lake District developed a love of lan
More about Beatrix Potter...