Start by marking “Forsaking Home (Going Home #4)” as Want to Read:
Forsaking Home (Going Home #4)

Forsaking Home (Going Home #4)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  406 ratings  ·  31 reviews
***NATIONAL BESTSELLER***

Book 4 of The Survivalist Series

They survived the collapse, but can they survive the aftermath?

Morgan Carter has weathered the weeks after the collapse of the nation’s power grid, reuniting with his family and ensuring their safety, but his struggleisn'tover yet. Carter must focus on survival in an increasingly unstable society—but the challenges
Published June 24th 2014 by Plume (first published March 26th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Forsaking Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forsaking Home

Matthew
Ok, my OCD led me to finish this series. (This is the latest book and I think it ends the series…although there's plenty of wiggle room for more). This 4th book in the series is better than the 3rd, so the the series ends on a "strong" note - but in my opinion the series overall is only average. The writing is plain, the characters one dimensional, the plot arc is bland, and there's only a modicum of an entertainment factor. This last book tries to close the story arc (with only a limited amount ...more
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
"Food is freedom. Control the food, control the people. While a lot of people don't see it that way, if you think about our current situation, it really applies. How many people do you think have gone to camps because they are hungry? Humans lived for tens of thousands of years before grocery stores, but take them out of the equation and folks panic." (pg 23).

With the collapse of the power grid, communications, and food and water supply for reasons that continue to remain unknown, thousands of p
Lori L (She Treads Softly)
Forsaking Home by A. American is a recommended (highly if you are reading the whole series) conclusion to the survivalist series that includes Going Home, Surviving Home, and Escaping Home. Forsaking Home is the fourth book in the series.

shetreadssoftly.blogspot.com/2013/08/... shetreadssoftly.blogspot.com/2013/12/...

For those following the series, Morgan, his family, and all the other characters are back on their trek to survival among lawless citizens and the DHS continues their obscenely wick
Steve White
I don't have a long review of this book. I will be honest and say it wasn't my favorite. I received this book as an ARC, and thought I would take a chance on an author I haven't read. Realizing that I am coming into this series on book four, I didn't let that influence my review.
What mainly got me on this is 1) the author's pseudonym and 2) the I'm a better survivalist than you attitude.

Now I realize that author's need/want pseudonyms (I've not used one yet, but that day may come). But to choose
Cheryl
I like this series. It is one of the better post apocalyptic series. It feels real. I know that if I was stuck I would want to hang with someone like Morgan. He is a survivalist. There is some language used in this book. I have not problems with language when it is used tastefully and for the purpose of the story. Which it is done in this book. I mean come on the world is falling about and people are being locked up by the government. You are probably not going to be very happy and might say a f ...more
Dalene
I got this book from Penguin's First Reads program. Like the previous books in this series, I enjoyed it very much. The storyline is good and the characters are well defined and written. We have some new characters added to the mix. I hope that this is a continuing series as I would like to see what happens with Morgan and friends next.
Jo Ann
Why. Why did I force my way through four of these poorly written pieces of prepper fan fic propaganda. The author (middle name must be "Male" >sarcasm< ) couldn't write a woman if he had one of the many weapons he loves describing held to his head. I suspect he is not knowledgeable about the military either but i only have experience being a woman so can't comment. The huge variance in tone from sweeping generalizations to "list making" and the sudden insertions of anti- Obama, anti - libe ...more
Sean
This 4th installment felt like a departure from the first 3 in the series. It was slow moving and did not provide the same amount of "what would you do if you were in this situation" opportunities as the rest of the series... not even close. I found myself relying on my past experiences with the characters in order to color in the gray areas a little better as there is very little fleshing out done even with the main characters.

An opportunity was wasted when the female badass was introduced and
Dale
A summary of this book.

I am man. Man is good. Man better than woman. Woman weak. Guns good. Men with guns who agree with us are good. Men with guns who disagree with us are bad. Anyone without guns is hopeless. We have an endless supply of materials. Whenever we need something, we magically 'remember' about a set of the said resource we stashed away once upon a time.

The writing and ideas in this series became worse as it went on. My OCD made me finish it, but I am glad it's over because even th
Angie Thompson-conner
Awesome series

Awesome series

I have read all the books in the series,and they are fantastic! they keep you glued to your seat wondering what is going to happen next! this could really happen and it gives you some insight on what to do if it does happen. I think these books sod appeal to anyone that likes a good read!
Carroll Kingry
One of the Best Survival Series Ever !

This Series gets you hooked right away and keeps you there. Love the characters, I laughed and cried. This is a story that could actually be real!
Norma
Forsaking Home

wow I love this Books. I believe that this could happen, get food and guns.
find a place to go to if u can gas to. I hope the story isn't done. I what to read more.
Andy
Finished the 4 book Survivalist series - good stuff for those interested in the Prepper / Survivalist / Post-Apocalyptic genre. All in all a worthwhile read. The scenario is a bit overly anti-government with too-polar bad guys and good guys. The characters are mostly pretty well done except for Sarge and his team who are caricatures. The author throws in enough factual survival techniques to make it enjoyable. It kept me reading, and looking forward to more so I recommend the series.
Marc
Ok I'm a zombie apocalypse junkie, this books is a "tea party's" survivalist wet dream. Zombies and government bad guys combine in this very graphic zombie end of the world scenario .
Diane
He really could wrapped this up in the last book. If you've read the others your know what to expect. I was sorry to see that the one woman character introduced this time that involved in tactical situations had to be some redneck ( not my word) jackass. The women folk never impressed me. They were still asking stupid questions and not fully realizing that the world was fucked. I hate what happened to Jess in the last book.

That being said. I liked the seris, mainly the first 2. These are preppe
Jeff Westfall
4th in the series another excellent read from A. American. Country in turmoil after an EMP set off by the government.
Michael J
Enjoyable story if you're a fan of the post-apocalyptic survival genre.
Jim W
Wish there was a 5th book in the series

as always A American provided an excellent ending to a good series
I enjoyed the ride and would recommend to anyone interested in survivalist reality.
James
Loved the series. I hope he continues writing.
Jim
Another good read in the series.
Robert
Great series with a relatively happy ending considering we're talking apocalypse here. Definite recommendation for the survivalist apocalypse genre.
Nick Susie
This was a big improvement over book three in the series. Enjoyed it.
Brad T.
Love this series. I hope this is not the end.
Helen Brumfield
I won this book here on Goodreads, and glad I did! This book isn't so out of the realm of what could really happen. I'm looking forward to another series wink, wink!! My husband is reading it now! Not sure if it's a rumor, but I heard it may be a TV series, if so, can't wait!!
Scott Stallings
Perfect climax to an incredible series. I'm going to miss these characters, especially sarge, Thad and Morgan. I highly recommend this book, but start with the first in the series and watch it develop.
Bruce
4.5 stars. The action picked up the from that cheesy cliff hanger ending that was inflicted upon us in book 3. A very enjoyable read, providing good closure for the series.
Neil Evridge
Great read just like the previous three in the series. I love this post-apocalyptic prepper genre.
Mia Michalek
great read!!!!! I am looking forward to the book!!!
  • The Preparation (299 Days, #1)
  • Holding Their Own III: Pedestals of Ash (Holding Their Own, #3)
  • Warrior Within (Surviving the Dead)
  • Adrian's War (A Distant Eden, #2)
  • Half Past Midnight
  • The End: A Postapocalyptic Novel (The New World Series, #1)
  • The Jakarta Pandemic
  • The Remaining: An Empty Heart
  • Expatriates (The Coming Collapse)
  • Dead: Winter (Dead, #4)
  • Adrian's Eagles (Life After War, #4)
  • The King of Clayfield
  • Dark Grid
Going Home (Going Home, #1) Surviving Home (Going Home, #2) Escaping Home  (Going Home, #3) Resurrecting Home: A Novel

“Life is a sexually transmitted disease with a hundred-percent fatality rate.” 1 likes