Start by marking “A Summer to Remember” as Want to Read:
A Summer to Remember

A Summer to Remember

Escape deep into the English countryside in this perfect summer’s day read. Fans of Alexandra Potter and Katie Fforde won’t be able to resist.

Nina Elliot is tired of her life. She’s not sure how it happened, but somewhere along the way, she lost track of where it was all going.

So one fateful day, she makes a brave decision: she’s going to leave it all behind.

Taking a job d

Unknown Binding, 343 pages
Published 2014 by Not Avail

To ask other readers questions about A Summer to Remember, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Summer to Remember

Cheating to Survive by Christine ArdigoSam Certainly Can by Bridgitte LesleySoul to Take by Helen  BatemanOne Plus One by Jojo MoyesThe Matchmaker by Elin Hilderbrand
Chick Lit 2014
106th out of 146 books — 170 voters
A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba BrayBetrayed by P.C. CastTorment by Lauren KateThe Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg LarssonUntamed by P.C. Cast
With Their Backs to the Reader
330th out of 715 books — 231 voters

More lists with this book...

Anne
May 23, 2014 Anne rated it really liked it
This is Victoria Connelly's ninth novel. She has also written five books in the Austen Addicts series, and somehow, her books have passed me by before now.

A Summer to Remember is a perfect Summer read. Full of glorious sunshine, beautiful countryside, a rogue or two, and a couple of heroes - it was made for reading by the pool, or in the garden in the sunshine.

Nina has taken the plunge at last. Sick to death of being reduced to a hiccuping wreck by her boss and feeling totally unloved by her lon
Pat
Aug 26, 2014 Pat rated it really liked it
An entertaining and humorous "summer read".
It is the type of book to read whilst on holiday by the sea, easy reading.
I enjoyed it very much.
Holly
Oct 26, 2014 Holly rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
*3.5 stars

This was a cute, light-hearted book. Nothing too dramatic or demanding. Enjoyable characters and a beautiful setting.
Ann
Sep 11, 2014 Ann rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An undemanding but enjoyable read with likeable characters.
Leah
Oct 24, 2014 Leah rated it liked it
Victoria Connelly is a very popular Chick Lit author with many novels under her belt, I remember reading Molly’s Millions a few years ago and I absolutely loved it! I’ve also read some of her “Darcy”-inspired novels, and so I was very pleased to be offered the chance to take part in her blog tour for her beautiful looking new novel A Summer To Remember! The cover is super pretty – a girl, standing under a bright blue sky, in a field of yellow flowers; it’s very evocative, and makes you think of ...more
Jody - A Spoonful of Happy Endings
Review first posted on my blog: http://spoonfulofhappyendings.blogspo...

It has taken her some time, but Nina has finally found the courage to change her boring and unhappy life. She has ended her relationship, quit her job, and is looking for a new place to live. Nina isn’t sure what she wants to do with her life, but she’s already looking forward to that next step towards something new. While she’s at the supermarket, she unexpectedly bumps into her old boss, Olivia Milton. When she was a teena
Perks Of Being A Fangirl
It was an enjoyable read however it wasn't a memorable.

Sadly this book didn't leave a lasting impression on me nevertheless it was a quick summer read which left a big fat grin plastered to my face.

One of my favourite scenes in the novel is when Nina went on dog walks with Ziggy in the great British fields. It was an endearing part of the book and you could literally hear me go 'awwhh' multiple times because fun fact, i'm a sucker for dogs and all thing cute and fluffy.

If you're looking for a
Julie Boon
I was lucky enough to receive a draft copy of this book as I loved reading Wish you were Here last summer whilst I was on holiday, so I knew A Summer to Remember would be a good, easy read. How right I was! It was a lovely, easy read and I could just imagine the characters from Victoria's description right from the beginning. I loved reading about the beautiful Norfolk countryside and I can imagine reading it on holiday or when the sun is shining in the garden whilst drinking a glass of wine!! ...more
Stacey
Aug 01, 2015 Stacey rated it liked it
Slightly problematic given that a lot of the book's premise is based on the idea of men pursuing women by:

a) lying to them about their identity, even though to the reader this is SUPER OBVIOUS;
b) over-persistence and not taking NO for an answer;

Obviously neither of these things are intended as creepy, given that this is a work of romantic fiction, but I always have slight problems with these tropes and therefore it tends to impact my enjoyment of a novel.

That said, Connelly is a charming write
Niki
Oct 03, 2015 Niki rated it did not like it
Unfortunately this book was a frustrating read. Very slow pace, lots of repetitive dialogue (Almost on every page the main character made some remark about how sad she would be when she had to leave at the end of the summer...), you didn't really get to know the characters that well it seemed the book skipped over an in depth portrayal of the characters so that meant I really wasn't drawn to the characters at all and the story was way too predictable.
Yvonne Morgan
Jun 25, 2014 Yvonne Morgan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another lovely read from this author .....but did not really expect anything less.. I loved the storylines had me gripped from the first few chapters.

The more I think bout this book and it characters the more it reminds me of a modern day Mary Poppins meets Cinderella.....

This author never fails to deliver a really fab read that makes you want more lots more please.
George
Jul 15, 2014 George rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written, A Summer to Remember is a heart warming, feel good book. I promise you, that by the time you turn the last page, you'll be grinning from ear to ear.

Would definitely recommend this; I'll certainly be checking out more or Victoria Connelly's work!
Karen
Jul 04, 2014 Karen rated it it was ok
What I enjoyed the most about this story was the setting which is in the Norfolk England countryside. Ms. Connelly described it in beautiful detail and I wish I could go and visit the Old Mill! The story was okay but very predictable.
Joy
Jul 28, 2014 Joy rated it liked it
This is a light read if you don't want to be challenged. There was a twist which I did guess before the end of the book but well woven into the plot and story. This is not as good as her Greek island story Wish you were here, which I recommend.
Sam Thompson
Jun 22, 2015 Sam Thompson rated it really liked it
I particularly liked this book due to it's setting in Norfolk. It's nice to read a story with familiar place names. A light hearted summer read with an unexpected twist.
Anne Cook
Nov 26, 2015 Anne Cook rated it liked it
Lightweight tale but good to loose yourself in. Troubled teen returns to hometown 12 years later to touch base but gets so much more than she expected.
writer...
And why do I consistently luv this author's writing?

Victoria can [and does] write laugh out loud funny reading! One more example...:)

Colleen Reed
Colleen Reed rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2014
Debbi Barton
Debbi Barton rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2016
Emma Hawkes
Emma Hawkes rated it really liked it
May 20, 2016
Alexandra Balzia
Alexandra Balzia rated it it was ok
Aug 10, 2014
Ioana bica
Ioana bica rated it did not like it
Nov 08, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2014
Debbie
Debbie rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2014
Sarah Haedicke
Sarah Haedicke rated it it was ok
Sep 07, 2016
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2016
Claire Riley
Claire Riley rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Su Curtis
Su Curtis rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2015
Joanne
Joanne rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2014
mrs ja evans
mrs ja evans rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2016
  • Loving Miss Darcy (Brides of Pemberley, #2)
  • Hidden Treasures
  • Ice Creams at Carrington’s
  • A Stranger's Secret (Cliffs of Cornwall, #2)
  • The Last Word
  • Meet Me Under the Mistletoe
  • Wreck Me
  • Christmas on Primrose Hill
  • All I want for Christmas
  • Defenders Of The Faith
  • Sealed with a Christmas Kiss
  • Faltering (Book 1)
  • What Happens in Tuscany...
  • The Hatmaker's Heart
  • Prada and Prejudice
  • Watching Willow Watts
  • Rosings (Pride & Prejudice Continues #2)
  • Much Ado About Mother (Venice Beach Romance, #3)
Victoria Connelly grew up in Norfolk before attending Worcester College where she studied English Literature. After graduating, she worked her way through a number of jobs before becoming a teacher in North Yorkshire.

In 2000, she got married in a medieval castle in the Yorkshire Dales and moved to London. Five weeks after their wedding, her husband, a television news cameraman, was sent to Israel.
More about Victoria Connelly...