Start by marking “Heaven Calling” as Want to Read:
Heaven Calling

Heaven Calling

Josh and Holly could face anything thrown at them all the time they had each other. Their love would conquer anything and the world was their oyster. But when a tragic accident tears Josh away from Holly she realises that, without her husband, she cannot cope and her world begins to crumble; her loss being more than she can handle. Until, that is, she receives a phone ...more
Published December 14th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Heaven Calling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heaven Calling

Angel Gelique
4.5 rounded up....

photo b2e5f8bc-d187-4a87-b855-99d796d5b8cb_zps7922a8e2.jpg

Okay, that's sort of a morbid photo, especially in light of the fact that this Matt Shaw book is not a horror story. No, seriously, it's not! It's a story of everlasting love and quite frankly, it's brilliant.

Those of you who have read/seen "P.S., I Love You" and enjoyed it will surely love this book as well. It exudes that same sweet and romantic ambience. Holly and Josh are recent newlyweds who are greatly in love and plan to spend the rest of their lives together. Everythin
Maria
Aug 19, 2014 Maria rated it it was amazing
Reading this book made me think of this poem that I had previously come across:

photo a3b6fb97e9246a9b1ccd58eb9eb536ca_kindlephoto-57864713_zpswpu1aa6n.jpg
If only.....

photo 6dca8f72682ae461e07d044d200df66f_zpsbqtfmwqr.jpg
Josh & Holly, newly married, Josh taken too soon.
Both lost with out the other and not ready to let go.

photo 9191100fc4d488d6871b68e9b0a3f0a7_zpsgvrjqymn.jpg

photo 6ec8223970a15c0b3e54b2ce67d712f3_zpsaee6pym5.jpg

I cried for them throughout the book.

5 "together forever" stars!
Kittykorn
Apr 19, 2014 Kittykorn rated it it was amazing
OMG..... not the normal style for a Matt Shaw book granted, but i loved it finished it in under 2 hours just couldn't put it down.
I really felt for Holly in this story, its such a heart breaking story..... It had me in tears.
Although not a normal Matt Shaw plot its still worth a read and recommend anyone who has read Matt Shaw to read this, even if you haven't tried him before deffo try this!!
Shadow Girl
Mar 19, 2014 Shadow Girl rated it it was amazing
I'm really excited that I can recommend one of Matt's stories to my friends/family who don't enjoy reading horror. They'll get a taste of why BeckisBookBlog sometimes reads like a Tiger Beat Fan Club page!
(::smh:: Non-Horror People, they don't know what they're missing!)

Taken from my full review on BBB -
Their lives changed in an instant.
Holly wasn't upset when her husband failed to call her this morning. He was probably still sleeping. He'll be home from his business trip tonight.
When Josh did
Addy
Aug 30, 2014 Addy rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book, but it surprised me. I wasn't expecting morbidity, but it got there sure enough. Not quite believable for me, but everyone has different ideas on the afterlife. Definitely worth a read. I like to read more from this author.
Art Griswold
Mar 19, 2014 Art Griswold rated it really liked it
a 3.5 rating, but I bumped it up to 4 based on the intriguing take on the afterlife and that we could possibly have a choice on where to linger and for how long.

The love story at the heart of it will also tug at your heart, especially considering the terrifying mind this came from.

Do not be mistaken by the author who wrote this, he is normally known for gory nasty scary stuff, this has none of that.
This is a love story true and true, and it is a nice departure from the shock horror of norm.

Kim (Wistfulskimmies Book Reviews)
This is the story of Holly and Josh. They haven't been married long when Josh is involved in a fatal car accident. Holly is left suddenly on her own....but then the phone calls start. Is Josh calling from 'the beyond' or is she going mad with grief? All she knows is she misses him desperately....

This was a huge departure for Matt. For his first foray into the supernatural romance this was a more than decent effort. The characters were true to life, and the story flowed well. I liked the going ba
Valerie Sparkle
I can't even believe I'm about to say this but this was an amazing love story. It was so good it even made me cry. I love all the books I've read by this author. He's one of the very best at writing horror and thrillers that just blow your mind. It turns out he is also an excellent romance writer too. I just have to say that I love your sick and twisted brain but now I've discovered your beautiful heart and I love that too MATT. Just keep up the great work and I will continue to read everything ...more
Paul
Mar 06, 2016 Paul rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
I'm not really the target audience for this so my rating is probably unfair but it was only okay for me. I believe Matt has captured passion and romance better in some of his horror books. The Breakdown springs to mind. The concept was interesting and there were twists along the way which kept the story interesting but I won't mention them here as they would be spoilers. It is good to see Matt trying other genres and given the general very positive rating for this book I am in the minority which ...more
Frankie Yates
Aug 07, 2015 Frankie Yates rated it it was amazing
I don't know why and how I never read this before. This book was absolutely incredible. It got to me so much because Josh and Holly reminded me so much of me and my boyfriend, so I cried pretty much all the way through it. The second Matt Shaw book to make me so emotional, but I'm hoping there will be more.
Karen Johnson
Jul 17, 2015 Karen Johnson rated it really liked it
Wow

A very different Matt Shaw story. I would love more like this. Not that I don't like his horror, but this show a very different, deeper writing style. Good for him for branching out
Tina Marie
May 01, 2015 Tina Marie rated it it was amazing
Breathless

Wonderful book.... filled with heartache, and tears. Made me laugh and left me sobbing by the last page. True love is forever and internal. Bloody brilliant book. Thank you for the ride Matt!!
Cathy
May 31, 2016 Cathy added it
Not my usual genre, but I was intrigued by Matt Shaw's deviation into romance...!

Very moving. I was determined not to enjoy this book too much but I have to admit I loved it. A couple of tears were shed, I'm embarrassed to admit. Must be those post-Christmas blues, lol.
Kirsty Southern-Evans
Mar 17, 2015 Kirsty Southern-Evans rated it it was amazing
I rarely cry at books but I had tears streaming down my cheeks reading this. It really moved me and my heart broke in several places for poor Holly. It wouldn't be a title I would normally go for but it being classed as paranormal and a Matt Shaw title im glad I read it .
Gina
Aug 23, 2014 Gina rated it it was amazing
This is such a tragically poignant story. While I expected what was going to happen, it still hit me hard. Very few books really make me shed an actual tear like this one did.
Gabriella
Gabriella rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2015
Michala Ralph
Michala Ralph rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Glenys Higginbotham
Glenys Higginbotham rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2016
Allie Martin
Allie Martin rated it did not like it
Aug 08, 2015
Mandy
Mandy rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2014
Karen York-Walker
Karen York-Walker rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2015
Mrs LC
Mrs LC rated it did not like it
Nov 27, 2015
Denise Chapple
Denise Chapple rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2016
jennifer hammond
jennifer hammond rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2015
j Cottrell
j Cottrell rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Miss
Miss rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2016
john gillis
john gillis rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2016
Paulette
Paulette rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2014
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2016
Keith
Keith rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2014
Biography

MATT SHAW was born, quite by accident (his mother tripped, he shot out) September 30th 1980 in Winchester hospital where he was immediately placed on the baby ward and EBay. Some twelve years later (wandering the corridors of the hospital and playing with road kill when he was on day release), the listing closed and he remained unsold, he was booted out of the hospital to start his life a
More about Matt Shaw...