Start by marking “Rough Awakening” as Want to Read:
Rough Awakening

Rough Awakening (Rough Riders #2)

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  13 reviews
<h2>Rough Awakening by Devon Rhodes</h2>

<b>If you were mesmerised by My Roomate’s a Jock? Well Crap! by Wade Kelly then you will not be able to put this book down!</b>

<i>When Mario sets out to find a roommate for the convention, little does he know he’ll end up finding much more.</i>

Is there anything worse than learning you have to share...more
Published January 20th 2013 by Total-E-Bound Publishing (first published December 24th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Rough Awakening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rough Awakening

Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.65*

Mario does not want to room with his best friend and ex boyfriends Luke AND Luke's new boyfriends Derek!
Understandable, so with a little help from a more tech savvy friend he manages to score a roommate for the convention and well...score!
Jordan remembers Mario from other conventions and they get along like a house on fire, except that Mario doesn't bottom, does he?
Cute, easy sexy short.
Serena Yates
What a great sequel to Rough Riders! Even though I was happy that Luke found a new lover in the first book, the fact that his ex, Mario, had nobody at the end of the previous story did bug me. And now, here is Mario's story. And, just like Luke's, it isn’t an easy one – but not for the same reasons.

Mario has managed to get over Luke, and he definitely feels lonely. So, when he runs into Jordan, a man he met a few years ago, he is surprised but delighted that the attraction is immediate and seems...more
~SexyBookWorm~
This book is thesequal to rough riders and it follows mario. I read itaspart of an anthology called An Unconventional Normal (I think thatsthename Isuck at remembering titles lol ). This book is liteally just as good as the first! In the first book you sort of go thru stages with mario you love him then you hate him then you love him. And in this sequal you really fall in love with him and his future partner. This book was extremely well written and ablast to read!
Asynia
This is a sequel to Ms Rhodes book "Rough Riders", which I haven't read, but it's not necessary to have read it to read and be able to follow this one.

In the first book, Mario broke up with Luke, who then fell in love with Derek. The two latter are now a couple and all three are still friends and team mates. Now they're all going to a sports convention and Luke messed up and booked one room for the three of them to share! Even though Mario's cool with Luke and Derek being a couple, sharing a roo...more
Nic
This book follows Rough Riders, where Mario broke up with his long-term boyfriend Luke. Luke is now with Derek and they all have to attend a conference and share a room at the hotel.
The story focuses on Mario finding a new room to share in the fully booked out hotel and the resultant outcome as he and new roommate Jordan get together.
In this short story, things don't so smoothly as Mario (view spoiler)I don't fully understand why he...more
Devon Rhodes
Sep 23, 2012 Devon Rhodes added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: m-m, books-i-wrote
This is the single release of my story in the Unconventional At Best Anthology.
Deb
Engaging in the first romantic interlude after separating from his partner of ten years, Mario experiences a life altering moment that causes him to re-evaluate how he sees himself. What I most liked about this short story was that it had a narrowly focused theme appropriate to its length, resulting in a satisfying tale. I was fully entranced with the story and didn't notice its shortcomings until I thought back on it.

As an aside I was shocked by the price for this as a separate buy and can't im...more
Lucy
Oh Mario, poor thing. I could't imagine trying to room with your ex boyfriend of ten years and his new boyfriend, who happens to be another friend. Nope. And Luke's telling him "you can't do that", oh Luke, you don't have that right anymore. I wish Mario had just talked to Jordan but then again, I could see the freak out. Poor Jordan, too. They are sweet together.
LaShonta
Originally read in Unconventional At Best Anthology

This one was alright. I just didn't feel the chemistry between these two people. I don't know what to say outside of that.
Anke
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Jessica Hale
Jessica Hale marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2013
Cerejinha B
Cerejinha B marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2013
MariDAcanto
MariDAcanto marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2013
Gliese
Gliese marked it as to-read
May 14, 2013
Alakandra
Alakandra marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2013
Wirees
Wirees marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
I have always had my nose in a book and my head in the clouds!
Now I'm finally doing what I love as a career.
When I'm not lost in my imagination, you can find me in beautiful Oregon and at:

My Website: http://www.devonrhodes.com/
My Blog: http://devonrhodes.blogspot.com/
Blog with TA Chase: http://devoandtata.blogspot.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/devon.rhodes
More about Devon Rhodes...
Making His List Silver and Gold A Pint Light (Vampires & Mages & Weres, Oh My!, #1) His Last Resort One Wild Wish (One Wish #1)