Start by marking “Forsaken (The Forsaken Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Forsaken (The Forsaken Saga, #1)

Forsaken (The Forsaken Saga #1)

3.44  ·  Rating Details ·  1,288 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
Nora Colburn was perfectly content in life. A junior in high school, she had good friends, a great family, and did well in school. Nothing particularly exciting ever happened where she lived, and everything was stable.

But that all drastically changes when a new student arrives at Nora’s school. Wild rumors swirl about his past, and Nora becomes determined to find out the
Published December 13th 2013 (first published May 10th 2011)

Jenny
Dec 22, 2013 Jenny added it
Shelves: don-t-bother
Was just debating about some books to buy, this being one of them and I happened to notice:

Same book, same author, different title.

Forsaken (The Forsaken Saga, #1)
by Sophia Sharp
4.75 of 5 stars
Published December 13th 2013 (first published May 10th 2011)

But that all drastically cha
Rohndia
Jun 02, 2014 Rohndia rated it did not like it
Ridiculous it is shattered with different names so stupid!!!! I bought because I like your writing I read one chapter and realized it was Shattered.
Hira
Dec 24, 2013 Hira rated it really liked it
*To read more reviews by me visit Views & Reviews *

Story & Writing: The story was amazing! It reminded me a bit of Twilight and Vampire Diaries but the Vassiz legend did give an individuality to it. It is hard to be original among so many vampire stories but this was a good attempt and I enjoyed reading it. It had action and suspense and a bit of romance and the writing was nice and easy to read.

There were some unrealistic things, (view spoiler)
EllieDuck
Aug 25, 2014 EllieDuck rated it did not like it
Argh...
I seem to have been plagued by bad book suggestions on Amazon.
I was drawn to this book because the cover looked somewhat fallen-esque, And i really loved reading those.

Unfortunately, this book was a cheap Twilight knock off with characters that contained no depth.
It had Nora, our protagonist, mooning over a perfect and flawless jock she used to be friends with, until he and his buddies tried to rape her, against the school lockers, in broad daylight, our book hero Hunter swoops in, kicks
Lilmissmolly
Sep 13, 2016 Lilmissmolly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Forsaken (The Forsaken Saga, #1) by Sophia Sharp is an interesting take on the origins of an ancient society, and perhaps, even the beginning of the universe (which isn't clear until later in the series). This book focuses on Nora, a typical high school student in the Pacific Northwest who is frequently caught by teachers daydreaming. Frustrated by Nora's inattentiveness, one of her teachers assigns Nora the task of tutoring a tall, dark, and handsome new student, Hunter, in Math after school.

A
Crystal Simpson
Apr 04, 2014 Crystal Simpson rated it did not like it
awful. I wanted to give up after the first couple of chapters. A girl alone in a hallway in high school gets surrounded by a bunch of guys that are grabbing her. A guy stands up for her gets her out that awful situation and essentially save her. What does she do? She gets mad at her savior punches him and then low and behold doesn't tell anyone what happens to her. Why? Books are role model for young girls so why In the hell are there main characters that don't stand up for themselves especially ...more
❀ Crystal ✿ -
Jan 22, 2016 ❀ Crystal ✿ - rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2016-read-list
I knew early on this book was not for me. I thought I'd give it a go and hope things got better bet in fact they got worse. By worse I mean lamer and lamer. So unrealistic (and I refer to normal situations like highschool not the vampirism) and the characters were both horribly disappointing crybabies. I originally started this as I had the bundle but one was enough for me!
Violet-Elisabeth
Feb 17, 2016 Violet-Elisabeth rated it it was amazing
It was really good! I loved every bit of it. I finished book 1 and two last night and now reading book three. It is a must read!
Erin McMurray
Nov 17, 2016 Erin McMurray rated it did not like it
I have the box set for this series and have just started reading the first book so I will edit this review as I go. I just needed to start by saying except for maybe the first chapter this feels like it should be the second half of the first book not the very beginning. Other than knowing Nora is ordinary and Hunter is not, there is literally no character development. They know each other for a week and you get no sense of why Hunter has decided to trust Nora, or vice versa. Then when he says ...more
Samantha
Oct 04, 2016 Samantha rated it did not like it
DO NOT READ....I returned the box set due to the first one being so bad. Thoroughly disappointed.
AmniconStudio
Sep 13, 2016 AmniconStudio rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, kindle, 2016
I thought some elements of the storyline were a bit too pat. Almost too smooth. It was an enjoyable read. Not everything was plausible. As my friend tells me, I need to suspend disbelief, and I can't always do so.

Unfortunately I didn't write down notes while reading it so I can't write anything specific (sorry) but I can tell you that I liked the story. I would recommend it. I will be looking for the rest of the series.
Erika
Jun 12, 2016 Erika rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires
I'm not sure I liked this book, most of it doesn't make sense and it just gives questions and not answers, it's one of those books that only try to hook you into the series.

(view spoiler)
Natalya
BooksAmL
May 02, 2016 BooksAmL rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Have received this saga recommendation from amazon having all complete series at just 1.99 for kindle, so i thought to give it a chance the summary seemed interesting. I just fell in love with it from the moment i started reading the first chapter, that is why i give a well deserved 5 stars (been a while since i gave them so easy).

The plot runs around Nora and this transfer boy (Hunter) that comes into her high school with a past that starts all kind of rumors why he is even accepted to the sc
Emma
Mar 31, 2015 Emma rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: uno-challenge
Love the cover of this book. I am pretty sure the dress was featured in the book, or something similar, so at least it is relevant.

I was really intrigued by the premise of this book. I found the start really strong and inviting but it got a tad boring for me. Very predictable, like Twilight with a little more thought into the concept of vampires. I liked to dream world but it didn't really fit the story for me.

The new boy (I cannot remember his name) was a very odd character. Very similar to Edw
Cori  Miller
A pretty good read

A pretty good read

I stumbled across this series in my search for something that looked interesting, but was also inexpensive. The summary sparked my interest and the reviews were good, so I decided to just go ahead and get it. I regret nothing. The first half of the book was slow and I couldn't really get into it. It started out as any typical supernatural/romance story. Someone moves to town, the girl notices the guy, something mythical happens, blah blah blah. Expecting this
Jenna W
Apr 23, 2016 Jenna W rated it it was ok
Shelves: own-digital
Tera
Mar 04, 2014 Tera rated it it was ok
Shelves: vamps
This was an okay read. The story is about vampires. It takes about the same avenue you have seen in so many other vampire books. The characters are one dimensional and the it seems like the author tries to tell to much in such a short time. Leaving you with an okay read that could have been better if stretch out and put more depth in the characters.

Quick read - if you need something to read.
greg brammer
Nov 16, 2015 greg brammer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What is Hunter?

Hunter the new guy at school comes to Nora's rescue. The guy Nora had always wanted as a boyfriend, has become a pure jerk as he and his cronies start to attack her. Hunter steps in and easily defeats them and befriends little Miss Nora and gives her a glimpse into his world of dream traveling. Of course this is forbidden and now they are on the run from members of Hunters own species.
Mar 11, 2014 Sarah rated it it was ok
I couldn't finish reading it. I really did try. There was so much potential for it, but it fell flat. I hate writing bad reviews almost as much as I hate not being able to finish the book. I made it 75% through it, and felt I had given it more than I should have. I realize that it is a YA book, but it felt as though it was written for a elementary age child with the lack of descriptions and flat dialog.
Ashley Nicole Poteet
Enthralling

What a great YA Read. I absolutely loved the story and the main Characters. Their journey together in this first installment has me wanting more. The love Young Nora Has For her New Friend Hunter (may be more than friends) so early on is exciting and sweet. Loss and Sorrow mixed with excitement and euphoria. Recommended!
Kiki
Mar 22, 2014 Kiki rated it liked it
I give it 3 and a half stars, only because it kind of jumped into everything a bit to fast. All of a sudden Hunter is in Noras life and then they're running away after a week together. But, im still reading the series and it actually keeps you on edge and you want to know whats happening next! I'd recommend to people who like vampires or angel type books! :)
Kara
Mar 30, 2016 Kara rated it did not like it
there are very few books I've read that were worse than this one.

this entire first book reads more like an outline for a plot, with random sentences full of writing vomit, where lots of adjectives are used to describe the wind or something, but have absolutely no baring on the storyline, character development or world building.

do NOT waste your time.
Brenna Wilson
kind of like all the rest of the books for this age group lately.. predictable, but it kept my attention. Will I read the rest of the series?.. probably not. I just could not get invested enough in the characters to care about what happens to them...
Tiffany
Dec 22, 2013 Tiffany rated it really liked it
First page in thinking "I've already read this book". I immediately started looking online to find out if this was a different version of the dream realms trilogy and it is.

I enjoyed the book, but honestly, I liked the original version of the story more than this one.
Jayme
The writing was more middle grade level it felt like. The story the author tried to build was a great concept but it wasn't believable. The girl was never afraid of anything except bully's at her school. She was a terrible main character. I wont be continuing the series.
Iwi
Jan 08, 2016 Iwi marked it as to-read
Ok I've never read this book but... Doesn't the cover "vaguely" resemble the cover of Fallen by Lauren Kate? And also... Forsaken? Fallen? I haven't read the plot but if they're the same I'm gonna laugh so hard...
Devz Milady
Jun 17, 2016 Devz Milady rated it it was ok
Left the book after losing interest around chapter 7 or 8 I think.
A really not-gripping story and hard-to-make-sense events happening without any interesting characters - makes this book boring too fast.
Ann Casper
Jul 29, 2014 Ann Casper rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love it

I loved this book yes it starts off slow but it's a really good but once you get into it it's a prefect book for people who like a little drama with a hint of romance I highly suggest this book
Lorelei
May 21, 2014 Lorelei rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good

Pretty good

it took a while for me to get into this book, but by the end I enjoyed it. I'd like to see what happens next, so ill get the next book in the series. so i would recommend it.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 16, 2015 07:59AM
  • Chocolate-Covered Baloney (Confessions of April Grace #3)
  • Dust
  • Alchemy (Mercian Trilogy, #2)
  • Alias Dragonfly
  • A Soul's Kiss
  • The Bad Wolf
  • Eternity (Crossroads Saga, #4)
  • Entropy (The Countenance, #3)
  • Fish Out Of Water
  • Evanescent (The Chronicles of Nerissette, #2)
  • Open Gates (The P.J. Stone Gates Trilogy #3)
  • Forget Me Not (Forget Me Not Trilogy, #1)
  • 2:32 AM (The Djinn Master's Legacy, #1)
  • Severed Colours (Colour Wielders, #2)
  • Frostbitten
  • Butterfly Season
  • Reckless Heart
  • Lost Soul (Dark World, #2)
Born in Seattle in '91, and moved across the country to go to school in Boston a few years ago!
More about Sophia Sharp...

The Forsaken Saga (4 books)
  • Revelations (The Forsaken Saga, #2)
  • Relentless (The Forsaken Saga, #3)
  • Foretold (The Forsaken Saga, #4)