Start by marking “The 100 Best Worldwide Vacations to Enrich Your Life” as Want to Read:
The 100 Best Worldwide Vacations to Enrich Your Life

The 100 Best Worldwide Vacations to Enrich Your Life

3.42  ·  Rating Details  ·  50 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Travelers are showing a huge interest in the fast-growing sector known as "experiential" tourism—vacations that encompass heritage, culture, nature, ecology, and soft adventure.

In the footsteps of the briskly selling The 100 Best Vacations to Enrich Your Life featuring North American destinations, our new title extends these ardent travelers’ sights to global scale. From h
Published May 20th 2008 by National Geographic (first published January 1st 2008)

Be the first to ask a question about The 100 Best Worldwide Vacations to Enrich Your Life

Holly
Jan 15, 2009 Holly rated it it was ok
I was really looking forward to this one, but I think ultimately I'm the sort of person who would rather be entertained than "enriched" on my vacations. I have such limited vacation time and even more limited funds to spend on vacations that the idea of trucking it to someplace like France or Chile and then spending an entire week just in one single location doing one single activity is completely unappealing to me. No matter how much I enjoy a good writer's workshop or a pottery class (and I do ...more
Angie Libert
Mar 04, 2014 Angie Libert rated it liked it
Some appealing ideas! Such as: babysitting chimps in Spain, protecting leatherback sea turtles in Trinidad, bottle-fed lion cubs in Zimbabwe, embark on an odyossey in the Greek Islands, or soak in the African Savannah in Ethiopia.
Leira Carola
Apr 29, 2015 Leira Carola rated it it was ok
Only read the sections I'm interested in.
Meghan
Aug 25, 2010 Meghan rated it liked it
Basically I went through this book and made a bucket list, there are so many cool experiences! Even if I don't book with the exact travel company or do it by the book, I got lots of great ideas from Grout!

I didn't realize this is part of a series, I definitely want to pick up the American one which most likely has trips more within my budget.
Jack
Oct 09, 2008 Jack rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
Aaah, this makes me want to just travel travel travel.

If, like me, you are one of those who have this "penchant for the back street and side door" (quoted from the book), this book will get you there. I'm still reading but to me it is by far the best "not your usual travel book".
Marjorie
May 02, 2013 Marjorie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-improvment
So many great vacation ideas, I want to do about 1/2 of them. For a person who loves to travel this book was inspirational. Now to choose the first trip.
Cherie
Feb 21, 2011 Cherie rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, travel
A- Great quick read with fantastic suggestions on fantastic vacations to take - arranged in categories. Really good ideas.
Amber
Dec 20, 2013 Amber rated it liked it
Fun to browse, but utterly for dreamers and lottery winners.
Rebecca
Sep 14, 2008 Rebecca rated it really liked it
I have three trips in this book earmarked as "must experience at least once"!
Stephanie
Jun 06, 2011 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Great book. I enjoyed reading about what to do for vacations.
Oh
Feb 10, 2011 Oh rated it liked it
powers one's wanderlust dreams :)
Maegan
Maegan rated it really liked it
May 01, 2016
Saabeer
Saabeer marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Melisa
Melisa marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
AmazonHowl
AmazonHowl marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Allie
Allie marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Thea
Thea added it
Apr 11, 2016
Eva Lantsoght
Eva Lantsoght marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
F. Lynx Pardinus
F. Lynx Pardinus marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2015
Lise-Lotte Andersson
Lise-Lotte Andersson marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2015
Natalie Mehta
Natalie Mehta marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2015
Aditya Vamsi
Aditya Vamsi marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2015
Scott Schmith
Scott Schmith rated it it was amazing
Sep 29, 2015
Harvey Lydiard
Harvey Lydiard marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Pam Grout is the author of 16 books, three plays, a television series, and two iPhone apps. She writes for People magazine, Cnngo.com, Huffington Post, and her travel blog, www.georgeclooneyslepthere.com. Find out more about Pam and her out-of-the-box take on life on her website: www.pamgrout.com.
More about Pam Grout...