Start by marking “The 100 Best Worldwide Vacations to Enrich Your Life” as Want to Read:
The 100 Best Worldwide Vacations to Enrich Your Life

The 100 Best Worldwide Vacations to Enrich Your Life

Travelers are showing a huge interest in the fast-growing sector known as "experiential" tourism—vacations that encompass heritage, culture, nature, ecology, and soft adventure.

In the footsteps of the briskly selling The 100 Best Vacations to Enrich Your Life featuring North American destinations, our new title extends these ardent travelers’ sights to global scale. From h
Published May 20th 2008 by National Geographic (first published January 1st 2008)

Be the first to ask a question about The 100 Best Worldwide Vacations to Enrich Your Life

Holly
Dec 30, 2008 Holly rated it it was ok
I was really looking forward to this one, but I think ultimately I'm the sort of person who would rather be entertained than "enriched" on my vacations. I have such limited vacation time and even more limited funds to spend on vacations that the idea of trucking it to someplace like France or Chile and then spending an entire week just in one single location doing one single activity is completely unappealing to me. No matter how much I enjoy a good writer's workshop or a pottery class (and I do ...more
Meghan
Aug 25, 2010 Meghan rated it liked it
Basically I went through this book and made a bucket list, there are so many cool experiences! Even if I don't book with the exact travel company or do it by the book, I got lots of great ideas from Grout!

I didn't realize this is part of a series, I definitely want to pick up the American one which most likely has trips more within my budget.
Jack
Sep 04, 2008 Jack rated it it was amazing
Aaah, this makes me want to just travel travel travel.

If, like me, you are one of those who have this "penchant for the back street and side door" (quoted from the book), this book will get you there. I'm still reading but to me it is by far the best "not your usual travel book".
Angie Libert
Mar 04, 2014 Angie Libert rated it liked it
Some appealing ideas! Such as: babysitting chimps in Spain, protecting leatherback sea turtles in Trinidad, bottle-fed lion cubs in Zimbabwe, embark on an odyossey in the Greek Islands, or soak in the African Savannah in Ethiopia.
Rebecca
Aug 24, 2008 Rebecca rated it really liked it
I have three trips in this book earmarked as "must experience at least once"!
Leira Carola
Apr 13, 2015 Leira Carola rated it it was ok
Only read the sections I'm interested in.
Marjorie
Apr 26, 2013 Marjorie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-improvment
So many great vacation ideas, I want to do about 1/2 of them. For a person who loves to travel this book was inspirational. Now to choose the first trip.
Oh
Feb 08, 2011 Oh rated it liked it
powers one's wanderlust dreams :)
Stephanie
May 01, 2011 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Great book. I enjoyed reading about what to do for vacations.
Amber
Dec 20, 2013 Amber rated it liked it
Fun to browse, but utterly for dreamers and lottery winners.
Cherie
Feb 21, 2011 Cherie rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, travel
A- Great quick read with fantastic suggestions on fantastic vacations to take - arranged in categories. Really good ideas.
Heather Mcpherson
Heather Mcpherson rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2012
Carrie F.
Carrie F. rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2014
Roxy
Roxy rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2012
Jenny
Jenny rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2010
Trina
Trina rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2011
Greg Harkins
Greg Harkins rated it it was ok
Dec 03, 2016
Di
Di rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2008
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2014
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2014
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2009
Tisha
Tisha rated it it was ok
Oct 28, 2008
Monica
Monica rated it it was ok
Jan 07, 2009
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2008
Kristine Buchholtz
Kristine Buchholtz rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2011
Ami Steel
Ami Steel rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2008
Sharie
Sharie rated it it was ok
Sep 24, 2012
CJ
CJ rated it it was ok
Jul 25, 2011
Magda
Magda rated it it was ok
Apr 08, 2015
Susan De
Susan De rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2014
Pam Grout is the author of 16 books, three plays, a television series, and two iPhone apps. She writes for People magazine, Cnngo.com, Huffington Post, and her travel blog, www.georgeclooneyslepthere.com. Find out more about Pam and her out-of-the-box take on life on her website: www.pamgrout.com.
More about Pam Grout...