Start by marking “The 100 Best Worldwide Vacations to Enrich Your Life” as Want to Read:
The 100 Best Worldwide Vacations to Enrich Your Life

The 100 Best Worldwide Vacations to Enrich Your Life

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Travelers are showing a huge interest in the fast-growing sector known as "experiential" tourism—vacations that encompass heritage, culture, nature, ecology, and soft adventure.

In the footsteps of the briskly selling The 100 Best Vacations to Enrich Your Life featuring North American destinations, our new title extends these ardent travelers’ sights to global scale. From h
Published May 20th 2008 by National Geographic (first published January 1st 2008)

Be the first to ask a question about The 100 Best Worldwide Vacations to Enrich Your Life

I was really looking forward to this one, but I think ultimately I'm the sort of person who would rather be entertained than "enriched" on my vacations. I have such limited vacation time and even more limited funds to spend on vacations that the idea of trucking it to someplace like France or Chile and then spending an entire week just in one single location doing one single activity is completely unappealing to me. No matter how much I enjoy a good writer's workshop or a pottery class (and I do ...more
Angie Libert
Some appealing ideas! Such as: babysitting chimps in Spain, protecting leatherback sea turtles in Trinidad, bottle-fed lion cubs in Zimbabwe, embark on an odyossey in the Greek Islands, or soak in the African Savannah in Ethiopia.
Leira Carola
Only read the sections I'm interested in.
Basically I went through this book and made a bucket list, there are so many cool experiences! Even if I don't book with the exact travel company or do it by the book, I got lots of great ideas from Grout!

I didn't realize this is part of a series, I definitely want to pick up the American one which most likely has trips more within my budget.
Aaah, this makes me want to just travel travel travel.

If, like me, you are one of those who have this "penchant for the back street and side door" (quoted from the book), this book will get you there. I'm still reading but to me it is by far the best "not your usual travel book".
So many great vacation ideas, I want to do about 1/2 of them. For a person who loves to travel this book was inspirational. Now to choose the first trip.
A- Great quick read with fantastic suggestions on fantastic vacations to take - arranged in categories. Really good ideas.
Fun to browse, but utterly for dreamers and lottery winners.
I have three trips in this book earmarked as "must experience at least once"!
Great book. I enjoyed reading about what to do for vacations.
powers one's wanderlust dreams :)
Harvey Lydiard
Harvey Lydiard marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Jen marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Devin is currently reading it
Jul 16, 2015
Gaily marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Miss marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Rina added it
Jun 15, 2015
June marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Grace marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Kaycee marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Allison marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
MAH marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Karen marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Michelle Fobbs
Michelle Fobbs marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Jinx marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Pam Grout is the author of 16 books, three plays, a television series, and two iPhone apps. She writes for People magazine,, Huffington Post, and her travel blog, Find out more about Pam and her out-of-the-box take on life on her website:
More about Pam Grout...
E-Squared: Nine Do-It-Yourself Energy Experiments That Prove Your Thoughts Create Your Reality E-Cubed: Nine More Energy Experiments That Prove Manifesting Magic and Miracles Is Your Full-Time Gig Jumpstart Your Metabolism: How To Lose Weight By Changing The Way You Breathe The 100 Best Vacations to Enrich Your Life The 100 Best Volunteer Vacations to Enrich Your Life