The 100 Best Worldwide Vacations to Enrich Your Life

The 100 Best Worldwide Vacations to Enrich Your Life

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Travelers are showing a huge interest in the fast-growing sector known as "experiential" tourism—vacations that encompass heritage, culture, nature, ecology, and soft adventure.

In the footsteps of the briskly selling The 100 Best Vacations to Enrich Your Life featuring North American destinations, our new title extends these ardent travelers’ sights to global scale. From h...more
Published May 20th 2008 by National Geographic (first published January 1st 2008)

Holly
I was really looking forward to this one, but I think ultimately I'm the sort of person who would rather be entertained than "enriched" on my vacations. I have such limited vacation time and even more limited funds to spend on vacations that the idea of trucking it to someplace like France or Chile and then spending an entire week just in one single location doing one single activity is completely unappealing to me. No matter how much I enjoy a good writer's workshop or a pottery class (and I do...more
Angie
Some appealing ideas! Such as: babysitting chimps in Spain, protecting leatherback sea turtles in Trinidad, bottle-fed lion cubs in Zimbabwe, embark on an odyossey in the Greek Islands, or soak in the African Savannah in Ethiopia.
Meghan
Basically I went through this book and made a bucket list, there are so many cool experiences! Even if I don't book with the exact travel company or do it by the book, I got lots of great ideas from Grout!

I didn't realize this is part of a series, I definitely want to pick up the American one which most likely has trips more within my budget.
Jack
Aaah, this makes me want to just travel travel travel.

If, like me, you are one of those who have this "penchant for the back street and side door" (quoted from the book), this book will get you there. I'm still reading but to me it is by far the best "not your usual travel book".
Marjorie
So many great vacation ideas, I want to do about 1/2 of them. For a person who loves to travel this book was inspirational. Now to choose the first trip.
Cherie
A- Great quick read with fantastic suggestions on fantastic vacations to take - arranged in categories. Really good ideas.
Amber
Fun to browse, but utterly for dreamers and lottery winners.
Rebecca
I have three trips in this book earmarked as "must experience at least once"!
Stephanie
Great book. I enjoyed reading about what to do for vacations.
Oh
powers one's wanderlust dreams :)
Christiaan
Christiaan marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Ricki
Ricki added it
Jun 06, 2014
Metalpig
Metalpig marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Porcia Silverberg
Porcia Silverberg marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2014
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Nadja
Nadja added it
Mar 30, 2014
Mai
Mai marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Mal Te
Mal Te marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Terri Ross
Terri Ross marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2013
Sairah
Sairah marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2013
Sandra Pearson
Sandra Pearson marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Pam Grout is the author of 16 books, three plays, a television series, and two iPhone apps. She writes for People magazine, Cnngo.com, Huffington Post, and her travel blog, www.georgeclooneyslepthere.com. Find out more about Pam and her out-of-the-box take on life on her website: www.pamgrout.com.
More about Pam Grout...
E-Squared: Nine Do-It-Yourself Energy Experiments That Prove Your Thoughts Create Your Reality E-Squared: Nine Do-It-Yourself Energy Experiments That Prove Your Thoughts Create Your Reality The 100 Best Vacations to Enrich Your Life Living Big: Embrace Your Passion and Leap Into an Extraordinary Life Jumpstart Your Metabolism: How To Lose Weight By Changing The Way You Breathe