Start by marking “Edge of Extinction” as Want to Read:
Edge of Extinction

Edge of Extinction

Feel the heat of the jungle, the joy of life and the despair that death brings to the indigenous people of the Amazon when a mine pollutes the river on which they depend.

The Chachinka people have never met anyone from outside the jungle. To them there is no ‘outside the jungle.’ They are led by Kinda Mala, a golden-haired, amber-eyed foundling who MUST be a god because he
Published July 10th 2013 by Blue Hour Publishing (first published July 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Edge of Extinction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Edge of Extinction

Faith Mortimer
May 27, 2012 Faith Mortimer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Edge of Extinction is a brilliant novel about an undiscovered Amazon tribe. Their leader is Kianda Mala, who has a fights on his hands to protect the environment and save the lives of his people against horrendous odds. Kianda Mala is half human and half monkey. Because of this he is recognized as a god among his tribe and becomes their leader. It is up to him to ensure the safe running and viability of his people.

Parts are scarey and disturbing - a sure sign that if you scratch under the human
Nikki Bywater
Sep 18, 2012 Nikki Bywater rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kianda Mala is the chief leader of a tribal village in the Amazon jungle. The tribe thought that Kianda was a god due to his unusual appearance, he has hair on his face and a tail like a monkeys. The tribe are natives who have never been civilised or mixed in civilised society.

When Kianda’s people begin to fall ill and start dying, Kianda sets off to find the cause of what is harming his people. He finds himself out of the valley and in a civilised mining community. He soon becomes friends with
David Makinson
Sep 13, 2011 David Makinson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Edge of Extinction is an unusual book, in that it doesn't fit neatly into any particular genre - 'adventure' probably being the closest fit. Whilst the lack of a genre tick-box might not sit easily with those who like to find their 'reads' through genre searches, it does not detract whatsoever from what is a thoroughly enjoyable story - it just makes the book harder to find in the first place.

I love the fact that the author Kristen Stone has had the imagination to set her novel in the Amazon Ju
Paul Trembling
This is a book that deals with some serious issues. It shows us the devastation caused by pollution, and even more by the greed and indifference behind it. It deals with the clash of cultures between stone-age tribes and the modern world, and leaves us wondering which is the more civilised. But at the heart of the book is not an issue, but a person - a unique and remarkable individual who has to struggle to discover who he is, even as he is trying to save his people. It is this person, and how ...more
David Green
Sep 28, 2011 David Green rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is not the normal type of book that I would choose to read but I am so glad I was given this to review.
It deals with a topic which the world is slowly coming to terms with and starting to put right – Large Corporation Pollution.

Kianda Mala is the leader of his “lost” tribe deep in the Amazon and sets out to discover why his people are suddenly becoming sick and dying.
What he is about to discover will rock & possibly destroy his world.
Kristen has done an excellent job in mixing reality w
E. Bard
Jul 21, 2012 E. Bard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Edge of Extinction was a very pleasant surprise. Although I began the book a while ago, a few pages in I had to put it down because I simply didn't have the time. When I picked it up again yesterday, I read it straight through. It was thoroughly enjoyable. I'll pop back later to finish up the review, but for now I'll just say it was unique and time well spent. Highly recommended. Five stars.
B.A. Morton
Jul 07, 2012 B.A. Morton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An enchanting read.

In the story of Kianda Mala, the Monkey Man, Kristen Stone has created a truly enchanting read. With an atmosphere that emerses you in a totally alien culture and leaves you feeling quite humbled by the sense that these previously undiscovered indigenous tribes-people are far more knowledgable than we will ever be...

A cautionary tale, beautifully told... quite lovely!
Chris Bullock
An interesting tale, excuse the pun. Written well and quite believable. I enjoyed the book, although I felt the ending was quite abrupt and could have been extended. Nevertheless a good story.
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2014
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2012
Kristen
May 12, 2012 Kristen rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Tessellated Facsimile
Tessellated Facsimile rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2012
Kerry Donovan
Kerry Donovan rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2014
Rich Hazelwood
Rich Hazelwood rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2015
Belinda
Belinda marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2012
Chalaina
Chalaina marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Dianne Greenlay
Dianne Greenlay marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Lorrie Farrelly
Lorrie Farrelly marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Stephen Hazlett
Stephen Hazlett marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Pawan Bharadwaj
Pawan Bharadwaj marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
Kristen Stone
Kristen Stone marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Author, editor and publisher
More about Kristen Stone...