Start by marking “My Perfect Life (Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, #2)” as Want to Read:
My Perfect Life (Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, #2)

My Perfect Life (Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen #2)

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  437 ratings  ·  44 reviews
"Captures teen angst with wit and poignancy. . . . Fans of DRAMA QUEEN will grab this right away." —BOOKLIST (starred review)

With perfect parents, perfect friends, and perfect poise, it seems like Ella Gerard has it all. But when her best friend, Lola, nominates her to run for school president against the wickedly popular Carla Santini, some of the less-than-perfect aspect
Published March 3rd 2005 by Candlewick Press (first published May 6th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about My Perfect Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Perfect Life

Beth
In this sequel to Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (Candlewick 1999), Sheldon skillfully weaves in details from the first book to make this a stand-alone title without boring returning fans while refreshing their memories. The irrepressible Lola Cep is still competing with the class alpha female Carla Santini. When Carla decides to run for school president, Lola immediately becomes interested in politics, but instead of nominating herself, shoves her quiet pal Ella into the spotlight.

Ella is
Sophia Zhu
Cassie
Mar 31, 2008 Cassie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: teens
This book was decent. Ella seems to have a perfect life, that is until her new best friend, Lola, signs her up for the school's presidental elections. Ella starts to see new things in her no longer perfect family. Her ex-best friend, Carla, is Ella's opponent and will use anything especially Ella's personal life to win. Ella is a very shy character and learns to stand up for herself and about everyone elses not so perfect lives.
Kate
Oct 25, 2007 Kate rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Shelves: myfavorites
This book is about a girl named Ella Gerard. Her life seems so perfect, but of course nothing is perfect. Ella wakes up to harsh reality. Her mom is a drunk, her dad moved to england just to get away from her mom, and now her best friend Lola is making her run for school president! Talk about hectic!!
Sally
Wow, Carla made me so angry I wanted to tear the book apart! I know she's only a fictional character but I will never understand how anyone could be so spiteful and dishonest and not show any remorse. What a disgusting creature. *shudders*
Taylor
This was an okay book. It is based on a high school girl named Ella and she think she has the perfect life along with perfect parents.But her friend Lola nominates her to run for school president against the most popular girl of the school whos name is Carla.From this point everything starts to fall apart in Ella's life.She soon realizes that she is too shy to be the president of the school.She also comes to realize that her mom is an alcoholic and her dad is never there.It alls turns into a big ...more
Chamera
Hey Everyone! I've been holding onto this review for a while but I actually read and enjoyed this book in November!

Today, I am posting my review of My Perfect Life by Dyan Sheldon!

I have to say thanks to Walker Publishing for sending this to me all the way from the UK after I requested it.

Now, many of you have probably read a Dyan Sheldon book and might not have realized just how popular her books are. I happen to love them. My Perfect Life was no exception. Many of you have probably see th
Hannah
This girl named Ella she has the perfect life because she has the perfect parents and perfect friends. But her best friend Lola nominated her in for president and this other girl did to and she is popular.Ella thinks if you are popular you cant win so she doesn't want to go for president, so she is mad at her. I like this book because i like teenage drama books. I recommend this book to teenagers because they will know what is going on because they add least been though it.
Sheila
I am use to paying 25 to 33 cents for my books, so when I purchased this from a charity shop for 1.25 I was really looking forward to a good read and indeed it was. I am secretly in a contest with my sis-in-law for the amount of books we have read for the year. Recently I purchased two children’s books with 150 and 200 pages, heh, heh. I consider this fair as I am also reading 3 books with 500 pages or more and she listens to audio books instead of reading them.

I just loved this tale of a 16 yea
Jul 09, 2014 Hannah rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 10-13 yr olds
Recommended to Hannah by: nobody
I thought it would have maybe a bit of romance,be a bit more lively.It has great characters but it could have been a lot better.I did read all of it though but next a book like that should be spontaneous and just all around fun i did not think that about this book.The ending was very abrupt that definitely could have been better but all in all it is a good book but it is just not for me.I would recommend it to maybe 10-13 year old's.It just doesn't have that punch that a good YA book or any book ...more
Hannahkeeler
This book is desent. but its bacesd on a girl named ella has a perfect life and perfect parents. Then her best friend named lola nomanated her for prensdet. And this popular girl named carla was going for presdent to. so they need more votes. And they dont think thier going to win becaues there not as popular then carla.
Samantha
My Perfect Life by Dyan Sheldon is a ok book. are main charater is Emma and two others that are her best friend lola and carla the mean girl.first, emma thinks her life is perfect and then her best friend lola enters her in the electons for class president and her compition is carla and thing go bad.Carla is making a fool of emma and emma starts to fight back and next electon day comes the girls are eager to hear who wins but none of them win someone esle does and after school that day on drama ...more
Gabriella
Right now, Lola and Ella are trying to destroy Carla Santini, because Lola is running for student body president along with Carla. Also because on page 79 Lola said "We are going to confront the loin in her den. Or in this case, the weasel." This shows me that Carla is the antagonist in the story. Ella is just helping Lola with her campaign, and is also helping Lola with her plan to destroy Carla. I know that Lola is very demanding. "Whatever Lola wants, Lola gets.". Ella said about Lola: "She w ...more
Shayma
Quick read. It was the first book that actually intrigued me and I loved it.
Olivia Kristina
I'm very satisfied with the ending, to tell you the truth.
Robyn
An okay book but not one of my favorites by Dyan Sheldon. The start was good but it took a while to really get into and when you did it wasn't long until the end of the book and it left me wanting to know more.
Sarabia
This book was fantastic. It's like a sequel to the book TRUE CONFESSIONS OF A TEENAGE DRAMA QUEEN, but this time it's about a girl named Ella. Ella's life is pretty much perfect until she meets her best friend Lola. Lola have Ella doing things that she has never done before, such has sneaking pictures of a girl who is puttin on make-up to help Ella win the school's presidential election, which Ella wasn't even going to participate in until Lola persuaded her to. This is one of the amusing books ...more
Caroline
I read this book because I was interested in the cover, and it was written by the author of "Planet Janet in Orbit", which I didn't get but it was well-written. "My Perfect Life" is an excellent book about a realistic heroine. Ella is kind of a pushover, and she's got a sense of humor, and she's not perfect or a terrible person, she's sorta average. I had to take off a star for Annoying Lola Cep, who is in this book as well, but this one is really about Ella and Carla. And Ella's mother.
TheSaint
Nov 24, 2008 TheSaint rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya
My Perfect Life by Dyan Sheldon is a perfect follow-up to her wildly popular Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen. Lola and Ella are still friends and evil Carla is still conniving and wildly popular among the crowd at Dellwood High. So popular, in fact, that everyone thinks she's a shoo-in for student body president. Everyone, that is except Lola, who does her best to get Ella elected. And of course, there's a third party dark horse...
Melissa Radke
I enjoyed reading this book, it was very light and fun to read. I enjoyed seeing Ella stand up for herself to Carla. I loved Confessions of a Teenaged Drama Queen in high school so when I saw there were more books in the series; I knew I had to read them. It was a good switch to show this from Ella's POV because it was great to see things from her perspective. I gave it four stars, but really mean 4.5 stars.
Karla
I'm done. And I'm giving this book five stars. I'm a big fan of Lola but having a glimpse of Ella's life makes me like Ella much much more. Maybe because I can connect with her being as shy and not-so-much-for-a-public-attention-kind-of-girl. It's all about finding the real you and what you're capable of doing, achieving it with the help of real friends. Enticing, funny and quick read. :)
Esthefania
this is good book
Rene
Follow up to Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen. It was okay. I didn't find the language very believable but it was a good story about high school elections and how they can get out of hand.
Tamera Tillman
Aug 28, 2009 Tamera Tillman rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any one
Recommended to Tamera by: No one
Book 2: This book is a really good book. Its basically like the movie Teenage Drama Queen. Its where a girl named Lola acts like a total drama queen and as if everything should go her way.
Indah Threez Lestari
578th - 2011

Loh, kok rasanya membaca buku ini malah lebih asyik daripada membaca Confession of A Teenage Drama Queen? Tokoh utamanya sekarang lebih mirip diri sendiri kali ya?
little dalilah
this is the second book of confessions of a teenage drama queen, just telling about ella and carla.but lola still there too. but i thought that the first book is more best that it
Fashiongirlgoldberg
It DEFINITELY wasn't as good as confessions of a teenage drama queen. I liked the little twist in the plot, but you could definitely figure it out if you're looking for it.
Maya
I think Ella had it all until she realized some unperfect things when her best friend nominated her for class president against her x best friend the popular Carla.
Rahmadiyanti
This is my first Dyan Sheldon's novel that I read. And pretty good. The plot like other teenlit, but I ilek the theme, about politics, haha!
  • Son of Spartacus (Gladiator, #3)
  • Ransom (Bodyguard, #2)
  • Resep Cinta
  • Four Seasons in Belgium
  • Lululergic
  • L.S.D.L.F - Lontong Sayur Dalam Lembaran Fashion
  • Rebel, Rebel (Girl Talk, #4)
  • This Must Be Love
  • 10 Things to Do Before I Die
  • Dua Belas Pendar Bintang
  • Love Detective
Dyan Sheldon is the author of many novels for young adult readers, including the #1 New York Times bestseller CONFESSIONS OF A TEENAGE DRAMA QUEEN, which was made into a major motion picture. American by birth, she lives in North London.
More about Dyan Sheldon...

Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (3 books)
  • Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, #1)
  • Confessions of a Hollywood Star (Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, #3)
Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, #1) My Worst Best Friend The Crazy Things Girls Do for Love Planet Janet (Planet Janet, #1) One or Two Things I Learned About Love