Gullivers Travels

Gullivers Travels

3.17 of 5 stars 3.17  ·  rating details  ·  260 ratings  ·  12 reviews
This series combines exciting and witty stories with text written for the beginner reader. Developed in consultation with Alison Kelly, this book is ideal for readers who are growing in confidence.
Published March 1st 2007 by Usborne Books (first published June 1st 2006)

Haley
Okay, I know I'm a little old to be reading this, but one of my younger siblings were reading it, so I picked it up and read it this morning...
It was very straight forward, and to the point, but clear and easy to read for early readers.
They really only gave half (or less) of the real story (I kind of found that a bummer) but I guess they wanted to keep it short for little kids. Okay.
So, overall, if you are an early reader, this would be great for your first version of Gulliver's Travels (...more
Kendra Teague
Gulliver’s Travels was one of my leas favorite books to read. I only liked about four things in it. All throughout this book I would fall asleep, get to bored to read some more. I felt as though it would go on and on and never end. Gulliver’s Travels is not my kind of book to read. I think the version of the book that I read was horrible unless you like having a hard time reading and not understanding half of the book.
This book might not of been my type, but I liked four things in it. The four...more
Mzwamadoda Jude
My Granddad used to tell stories about this book and his favourite parts of it were liqour related, that's why I took the time to read it and as much as it is a magical experience I must say I could have enjoyed it better if I had not read the novels of my generation, I think we need one of today's brilliant author's to rewrite this novel in the style we are all accustomed. However it's a great book.
Laurel Siler
I know it's a classic but it is PAINFULLY boring.
Griffin Wenz
Had good ideas but was terribly boring to read
Debbie Cranberry Fries
There's this guy, Gulliver. He travels.

So. I listened to this one on audio book because it came in a bundle of other books. I was a bit bored out of my head. He was giant. He had a master. He was moved around. I really don't remember much because at one point I was just listening to get through. :/

Ileana Lindner
This book is an excellent choice for students around the 3rd grade to pick up as a "starter" chapter book. The story is great for this age range and actually pretty intriguing. Some of the vocabulary may be a challenge so have a dictionary handy for some of the students that may struggle.
Katie
This was probably one of my least favorite books that I read in middle school. Although the storyline itself is kind of creative, there was nothing really that pulled me into it.
Harrison

2/11- 35 minutes
2/12- 25 minutes
2/13- 40 minutes
Hanna Wright
It was a fantastic book!!!!!
Marcy McCormick
Marcy McCormick marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Amy Mcalees
Amy Mcalees marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Jane
Jane is currently reading it
Jul 21, 2014
Anneka Begbey
Anneka Begbey marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Vato
Vato added it
Jul 18, 2014
Chelsey
Chelsey marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Language Arts 7 R...: Gullivers Travels 1 3 Oct 02, 2012 10:00AM
  • Chivalry
  • Sophie The Awesome
  • Use Your Brain to Change Your Age: Secrets to Look, Feel, and Think Younger Every Day
  • Uncle Toms Cabin
  • Paul McCartney
  • American Short Story Masterpieces
  • The Steve Jobs Way: iLeadership for a New Generation
  • Luck
  • The Underdogs
  • A Dance to the Music of Time: 3rd Movement
  • Horrid Henry And The Mega Mean Time Machine
  • Life with Lily (The Adventures of Lily Lapp #1)
  • Gooney Bird Is So Absurd
  • The House at Pooh Corner and Now We Are Six
  • Bomb Power: The Modern Presidency and the National Security State
  • A New Beginning (Magic Puppy, 1)
  • Sarah's Diary
  • Raven's Heart: A Tale from the World of Secramore
Orphan Of The Sun The Usborne Internet-Linked Encyclopedia of Ancient Egypt (History Encyclopedias) Crime & Detection Love In Luxor True Stories of Crime and Detection (True Adventure Stories)