Start by marking “Gulliver's Travels” as Want to Read:
Gulliver's Travels

Gulliver's Travels

This series combines exciting and witty stories with text written for the beginner reader. Developed in consultation with Alison Kelly, this book is ideal for readers who are growing in confidence.
Published July 28th 2009 by Usborne Books (first published February 25th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Gulliver's Travels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gulliver's Travels

Haley
Jan 14, 2010 Haley rated it liked it
Okay, I know I'm a little old to be reading this, but one of my younger siblings were reading it, so I picked it up and read it this morning...
It was very straight forward, and to the point, but clear and easy to read for early readers.
They really only gave half (or less) of the real story (I kind of found that a bummer) but I guess they wanted to keep it short for little kids. Okay.
So, overall, if you are an early reader, this would be great for your first version of Gulliver's Travels (
Mzwamadoda Jude
Jul 04, 2012 Mzwamadoda Jude rated it liked it
My Granddad used to tell stories about this book and his favourite parts of it were liqour related, that's why I took the time to read it and as much as it is a magical experience I must say I could have enjoyed it better if I had not read the novels of my generation, I think we need one of today's brilliant author's to rewrite this novel in the style we are all accustomed. However it's a great book.
Mslogar
Dec 17, 2014 Mslogar rated it really liked it
cute and clever book--- no clue why I never read this as a child :)
Laurel Siler
Feb 11, 2013 Laurel Siler rated it it was ok
I know it's a classic but it is PAINFULLY boring.
Kendra Teague
May 15, 2014 Kendra Teague rated it did not like it
Gulliver’s Travels was one of my leas favorite books to read. I only liked about four things in it. All throughout this book I would fall asleep, get to bored to read some more. I felt as though it would go on and on and never end. Gulliver’s Travels is not my kind of book to read. I think the version of the book that I read was horrible unless you like having a hard time reading and not understanding half of the book.
This book might not of been my type, but I liked four things in it. The four
Suraj B
Dec 01, 2014 Suraj B rated it really liked it
Travel and adventures have always been my favorites. When I was about 8 years old, I got a children's version of Gullivers Travels. It was almost about 25 pages illustrated book. I enjoyed it thoroughly. When I was in 8th std, later, I came to know that the version I read was just an excerpt of the original. The original book was an actual novel. It was with the same curiosity of a person who discovers a new thing, that I read the book. When Gulliver traveled to Lilliputs, I felt Gulliver was th ...more
Axel Kim
Nov 29, 2014 Axel Kim rated it did not like it
I did not really enjoy Gulliver’s Travels. It just didn’t capture my attention. It was a good book, but the whole story didn’t interest me. It’s about a man who travels into the ocean, but a storm leaves him stranded on a mysterious island called Lilliput where people are only the size of your finger. They had funny laws such as not being able to break a certain end of an egg and they had a war over it. After he escapes Lilliput, he gets stranded on an island full of giants. I didn’t like it, bu ...more
Kinsey Green
Nov 30, 2014 Kinsey Green rated it liked it
Shelves: 10th-grade-books
This book has a lot word choice and story line behide it. This story it self it kind of hard to keep track of unless you really focus. It's a great classic it adventure that teaches many lesson. That author style would be confusing for a younger crowd to under stand meaning of each of the character's jorneys.
Debbie Cranberry Fries
Jan 28, 2014 Debbie Cranberry Fries rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2014
There's this guy, Gulliver. He travels.

So. I listened to this one on audio book because it came in a bundle of other books. I was a bit bored out of my head. He was giant. He had a master. He was moved around. I really don't remember much because at one point I was just listening to get through. :/

Ileana Lindner
Nov 24, 2012 Ileana Lindner rated it liked it
Shelves: point-of-view
This book is an excellent choice for students around the 3rd grade to pick up as a "starter" chapter book. The story is great for this age range and actually pretty intriguing. Some of the vocabulary may be a challenge so have a dictionary handy for some of the students that may struggle.
Deborah Harris
AR Quiz No. 64693 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 3.4 - AR Pts: 0.5
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP
Ashton Lauber
Feb 17, 2016 Ashton Lauber rated it it was amazing
I really thought this book was okay. I liked it a little bit. But the book was very cool how gulliver and the little people interact with each other. It has funny parts in it.
Acton
May 19, 2010 Acton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cash
This is a good book. It is about a man who came to an island where he met people who were very small. I learned that you do not have to be big to do what you want to do.
Hanna Wright
Mar 21, 2009 Hanna Wright rated it it was amazing
It was a fantastic book!!!!!
Maryhelen Cook
Aug 19, 2010 Maryhelen Cook rated it did not like it
Boring!
Sophie Ellis
Sep 02, 2014 Sophie Ellis rated it it was amazing
I love this book so much, such a light read and made me really question different situations.
Katie
Aug 08, 2010 Katie rated it liked it
This was probably one of my least favorite books that I read in middle school. Although the storyline itself is kind of creative, there was nothing really that pulled me into it.
Mario Velarde
Aug 23, 2014 Mario Velarde rated it it was ok
I enjoy classics, but I couldn't finish this. I tried and tried, but instead I started reading less. I read the next book with quick ease, so it wasn't me, this book reads like an almanac.
Emmet Miles
lilliput,
Samantha
Jan 24, 2011 Samantha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was cool and there were a bunch a little people who tied him up and set him free when he promised he'd stay there. Then he escaped and went back to his place.
Sara Berinhout
Feb 08, 2015 Sara Berinhout rated it liked it
The stories are great but it was written more for the purpose of critiquing English/European society than for entertainment-- so it can be hard to get through at times.
Juanes Restrepo

2/11- 35 minutes
2/12- 25 minutes
2/13- 40 minutes
Vvrsk
Vvrsk rated it really liked it
May 23, 2014
Ashley Baum
Ashley Baum rated it did not like it
Aug 06, 2014
Johanna
Johanna rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2014
Graham Moss
Graham Moss rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2012
Greg
Greg rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2014
Mia Lindler
Mia Lindler rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2015
Whitney
Whitney rated it liked it
Oct 28, 2012
Language Arts 7 R...: Gullivers Travels 1 3 Oct 02, 2012 10:00AM
  • The Story of Harriet Tubman: Conductor of the Underground Railroad
  • Helen Keller
  • The American Tradition in Literature
  • Sergei Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf: With a Fully-Orchestrated and Narrated CD
  • Curious George in the Snow
  • This Is New York
  • Three Complete Novels: Howards End, A Room with a View, Where Angels Fear to Tread
  • Richard Scarry's Best First Book Ever!
  • Spot Can Count (Color): First Edition
  • Bones, Bones, Dinosaur Bones
  • The Decay of Lying
  • We All Went On Safari
  • Best Short Stories of Jack London
  • The Norton Anthology of English Literature, Vol. B: The Sixteenth Century & The Early Seventeenth Century
  • Byron's Poetry
  • The Bulwark
  • The Story and Its Writer: An Introduction to Short Fiction
  • The Alphabet Book (Bright & Early Board Books)

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »