Start by marking “Lean Solutions: How Companies and Customers Can Create Value and Wealth Together” as Want to Read:

In this landmark new book, James Womack and Daniel Jones deconstruct this broken producer-consumer model and show businesses how to repair it.

A massive disconnect exists between consumers and providers today. Consumers have a greater selection of higher quality goods to choose from and can obtain these items from a growing number of sources. Computers, cars, and even big-b
Published October 11th 2005 by Free Press (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Lean Solutions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lean Solutions

Logan
Sep 11, 2013 Logan rated it liked it
The concept of providing turn-key solutions for customers is not new, but 'Lean Solutions' definitely adds new intelligence to how the modern business can leverage the concept of vertical integration.

The book describes a - conspicuously physical supply-chain oriented - set of examples of how solutions providers can make their customers happier by taking the value of their time into more serious consideration. It goes on to discuss some - what in my mind were more interesting - examples of how cu
Steve Whiting
Feb 17, 2016 Steve Whiting rated it really liked it
Womack & Jones extend their examinations of Lean manufacturing to encompass distribution and consumption by the end-user as well. A really good book, though with a couple of reservations:
- It was a shame that they didn't have more variety in the 'case studies' they did - when Big Box retailer (do it like the Tesco model we described earlier) and Healthcare (do it like car servicing we described earlier) are 2 of the 3, it dilutes the value by making it look like there are only limited models
May 24, 2008 Laura rated it liked it
Recommended to Laura by: Dan
Shelves: educational
I read this for work in preparation for the training I'm taking in June. It definitely gave me a different perspective of the service industries or the point of view of the customer. Obviously we know that the vast majorities of companies are just out there to turn a profit. But the way this book thinks things would be better is if we had a chain of solutions with fewer providers. That sounds like a monopoly to me, even if they did prove they were the best solution. I think that those goals coul ...more
Anton Van der vloet
Mar 18, 2015 Anton Van der vloet rated it really liked it
I'm in two minds: on the one hand, the book is pretty badly written. It sure is no Tolstoy. On the other hand, the content is worthwhile, even if only because it expands on the customer perspective. Which I have found oddly lacking in many, many other books on Lean. So just for content: 4 stars!
Jenny
Jun 21, 2013 Jenny rated it liked it
Shelves: professional, ebook, owned
The first half of the book was quite interesting. The second half dragged a bit feeling wordy. Some interesting ideas, but I think the challenges mentioned in the last chapter are not so easily overcome.
Alix Stricklin
Feb 02, 2009 Alix Stricklin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is really terrific - and the EXAMPLES are really terrific. They are practical, and really help the reader envision what they are recommending. Plus, they give you ideas:-)
Alberto Lopez
Jul 16, 2016 Alberto Lopez rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
A must read for senior managers.
In my list of the best business books to read: http://albertoalopez.blogspot.com/201...
Josh Steimle
Oct 04, 2011 Josh Steimle rated it really liked it
Fantastic. Real solutions for entrepreneurs and managers looking to drive real change in the model and processes of their businesses. If you're into the lean startup stuff, this is a must-read.
Mikhail
Mikhail rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2016
Yazeed
Yazeed rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2016
Georg
Georg rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2012
Qiao Li
Qiao Li rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2015
Grant Anderson
Grant Anderson rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2012
Stewart Lancaster
Stewart Lancaster rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2015
Ben Carey
Ben Carey rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2010
Davy Rey
Davy Rey rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2014
Ed
Ed rated it really liked it
May 20, 2009
Robert Karl
Robert Karl rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2014
Mahmoud Yosry
Mahmoud Yosry rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2015
Kentblumberg
Kentblumberg rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2009
Marek Zareb
Dec 14, 2011 Marek Zareb is currently reading it
awesome book!
Elvira
Elvira rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2012
Ankit Bansal
Nov 27, 2013 Ankit Bansal rated it it was amazing
superb book. . .. . .little things change a lot in business. . . . .
Nabilsyr
Nabilsyr rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2011
Russ
Russ rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2012
Brent Jaye
Brent Jaye rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2014
Emma
Emma rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2011
Rune
Rune rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2016
DESTAW
DESTAW rated it liked it
May 18, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Managing to Learn: Using the A3 Management Process to Solve Problems, Gain Agreement, Mentor and Lead
  • The Gold Mine: A Novel of Lean Turnaround
  • Gemba Kaizen: A Commonsense, Low-Cost Approach to Management
  • Lean Production Simplified: A Plain Language Guide to the World's Most Powerful Production System
  • Toyota Kata: Managing People for Improvement, Adaptiveness and Superior Results
  • Say It with Charts
  • A Factory of One: Applying Lean Principles to Banish Waste and Improve Your Personal Performance
  • Understanding A3 Thinking: A Critical Component of Toyota's Pdca Management System
  • Toyota Talent
  • Implementing Lean Software Development: From Concept to Cash
  • On the Mend
  • The Customer-Funded Business: Start, Finance, or Grow Your Company with Your Customers' Cash
  • Blown to Bits: How the New Economics of Information Transforms Strategy