Start by marking “Werewolves Don't Run for President (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #49)” as Want to Read:

Werewolves Don't Run for President (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids #49)

A funny and spooky adventure -- perfect for election season! -- in the bestselling and beloved series about a town where the grown-ups are more than a little weird.

Presidential candidate Mr. Youngblood is stopping in Bailey City on his campaign trail. The kids are excited, that is until they learn that his platform includes longer school days and year-round classes! And wh

Mass Market Paperback, 96 pages
Published October 1st 2004 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published September 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Werewolves Don't Run for President, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Werewolves Don't Run for President

Teneka Howland
2nd - 3rd grade

The authors created a fun and entertaining book that introduces children to democratic concepts such as their rights as citizens. The authors present the information in such a way that the children are entertained by a funny and interesting story. At the same time, the authors weave in knowledge about the Bill of Rights, political parties, democracy, and government. The main characters in the book do not like Mr. Youngblood, a presidential candidate, so they exercise their first a
Nicole Javvaji
Feb 16, 2010 Nicole Javvaji rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading to kids 5-7, beginning readers
Recommended to Nicole by: won this book at Barnes and Noble raffle
This book contains more "meat" than I expected. The 3rd grade characters are learning about the government, so they talk about the Bill of Rights a bit and explain how the president is elected. I am not sure how much of it my niece understands (she's in kindergarten) but I like that she is hearing it and asking me questions. She is pretty convinced that this werewolf is running for president, but its really up to the reader to deduce *wink*.
The series is cute but I think some adults might not l
Dolly
May 31, 2012 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
Our oldest brought this book home from school. She borrowed it from her third-grade classroom library and wanted to share it with us since it is an election year.

This is the 49th book in the The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids series by Debbie Dadey, Marcia Thornton Jones and John Steven Gurney. This story centers on a Presidential candidate coming to Bailey City while on the campaign trail and deciding to stay and use the Bailey School as a model for his proposed reforms (much to the chil
Kimberly
Sep 16, 2014 Kimberly rated it liked it
The collection of "The adventures of the Bailey School Kids" stories are among my all-time favorite children's books. Witty, mischievous and fun, these short and silly books continue to bring giggles to the young and old. Just as I have enjoyed them as a kid, my own children also love them today. I even catch myself re-reading them (alone) from time to time. What can I say? I guess I'll always be a BSK kid at heart.
Marissa Pezzullo
Mar 03, 2015 Marissa Pezzullo rated it really liked it
This would be a good book to introduce around this time of year since its February 16th. After talking about how serious presidents do what they do and where they live and all that goes along with that. You as the teacher could connect a funny book that went along with that social studies lesson.
Catherine Woodman
Jul 29, 2011 Catherine Woodman rated it liked it
The Bailey School Kids is a best-selling children's book series by Marcia Thornton Jones and Debbie Dadey. Its main characters are a group of four children (Eddie, Howie, Liza, Melody) who suspect some persons in the stories are popular folk lore or fairy tale characters. They are appealing because they mix a familiar story in with this group of kids. Mid-grammar school
Sasha
Oct 15, 2008 Sasha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
Okay, so this is a kids' mystery book and it's got werewolves. But guess what? It does a fantastic job of describing a lot of legal rights and processes. And it shows that even kids can make a difference.
Andd Becker
Feb 26, 2013 Andd Becker rated it it was ok
Book #49 in the series, The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, is disappointing. Illustrator John Steven Gurney shows that the four kids look older than the third graders in previous books, but the Debbie Dadey/Marcia Thornton Jones text says the kids are third graders.
Meagan
Mar 03, 2014 Meagan rated it it was amazing
I expected this one to be lame but it was actually one of the bestBSK books I've ever read. The kids actually rally together and take effective action against the "werewolf" running for president. Great lesson on politics and how kids can make a difference.
Julia Margaret
Jan 12, 2016 Julia Margaret added it
Recommends it for: Shayna
Recommended to Julia by: myself
Basically there is a person named Mr.Youngblood running for president, and Howie, Eddie, Liza, and Melody suspect he is a werewolf. They don't like him because he wants kids to have school on Saturdays, do extra work, and have longer school days. Hopefully he will not become president!
Jerome
Apr 24, 2015 Jerome rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A new presidential candidate with some ambitious educational reform plans is suspected of being a werewolf. The story also involves the kids’ introduction to the concept of presidential elections, and the author easily uses the book to educate the reader.

Interesting and imaginative.
Nandish Patel
Nandish Patel rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2015
Jordan
Jordan rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2016
Kaavya Jethwa
Kaavya Jethwa rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2014
loveyalyn
loveyalyn rated it it was ok
Nov 05, 2009
Eileen V
Eileen V rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2012
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2009
Kieran
Kieran rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2013
Ben
Ben rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2011
Jessica Winters
Jessica Winters rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2012
Lorna Lu
Lorna Lu rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2013
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2011
Amber
Amber rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2014
Breanne
Breanne rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2013
Kirsten
Dec 27, 2011 Kirsten rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
What parent in their right mind would vote for Youngblood?
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2014
Macey
Macey rated it it was ok
Sep 11, 2009
Vin
Vin rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2012
Esther
Esther rated it really liked it
May 20, 2012
Brenda
Brenda rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2008
  • Andrew Lost In the Kitchen (Andrew Lost, #3)
  • The Skeleton in the Smithsonian (Capital Mysteries #3)
  • Reindeer Do Wear Striped Underwear (The Bailey School Kids Jr. Chapter Book, #2)
  • Be a Perfect Person in Just Three Days!
  • Imagination According to Humphrey (According to Humphrey #11)
  • The Odorous Adventures of Stinky Dog (Tales From the House of Bunnicula, #6)
  • Minnie and Moo Go to the Moon (Minnie and Moo (DK Hardcover))
  • My Life as a Broken Bungee Cord (The Incredible Worlds of Wally McDoogle, #3)
  • Baby Blues 07: I Saw Elvis In My Ultrasound
  • The Birthday Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #20)
  • Disney's Princess Storybook Collection: Love and Friendship Stories
Debbie Dadey is the author and co-author of 162 books for children, including the Mermaid Tales series from Simon and Schuster and the beloved Adventures of The Bailey School Kids from Scholastic. Ms. Dadey is a former teacher and librarian. Please like her at Facebook.com/debbiedadey.
More about Debbie Dadey...

The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids (1 - 10 of 51 books)
  • Vampires Don't Wear Polka Dots (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #1)
  • Werewolves Don't Go to Summer Camp (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #2)
  • Santa Claus Doesn't Mop Floors (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #3)
  • Leprechauns Don't Play Basketball (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #4)
  • Ghosts Don't Eat Potato Chips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #5)
  • Frankenstein Doesn't Plant Petunias (The Adventures Of The Bailey School Kids, #6)
  • Aliens Don't Wear Braces (Bailey School Kids #7)
  • Genies Don't Ride Bicycles (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #8)
  • Pirates Don't Wear Pink Sunglasses (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #9)
  • Witches Don't Do Backflips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #10)