Start by marking “Santa Claus Doesn't Mop Floors (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #3)” as Want to Read:
Santa Claus Doesn't Mop Floors (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #3)

Santa Claus Doesn't Mop Floors (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids #3)

3.74  ·  Rating Details ·  1,043 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
A classic Bailey School Kids adventure is back with a new cover art just in time for the holidays! The fresh look of this long-time favorite makes it the perfect gift this season.

There have always been some pretty weird grown ups in Bailey City, but the new custodian at the Bailey School is one of a kind. When he appears out of nowhere just before Christmas to help out at
Published October 1st 1991 by Scholastic Paperbacks

Darth J
Dec 07, 2015 Darth J rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series

Santa Claus Doesn't Mop Floors... Or Does He?

This third installment into the Bailey School Kids series is filled with elementary school holiday time nostalgia that children (and children at heart) will enjoy.
Dolly
Jan 07, 2013 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the 3rd book in The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids series by Debbie Dadey, Marcia Thornton Jones and John Steven Gurney.

This story centers on a new school janitor who looks a lot like Santa Claus. It also discusses the topic of believing and not believing in Santa and Christmas, so I would warn parents that if they don't want to bring up the fact that many schoolchildren at this age doubt the existence of Santa, this book may not be for you. Our girls have been questioning the jol
Kimberly
Sep 16, 2014 Kimberly rated it really liked it
The collection of "The adventures of the Bailey School Kids" stories are among my all-time favorite children's books. Witty, mischievous and fun, these short and silly books continue to bring giggles to the young and old. Just as I have enjoyed them as a kid, my own children also love them today. I even catch myself re-reading them (alone) from time to time. What can I say? I guess I'll always be a BSK kid at heart.
Jerome
Apr 24, 2015 Jerome rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun addition to the series. Mr. Jolly is the new janitor, and his Santa-esque appearance, fondness of cold weather, and seemingly magical ability to clean up Eddie’s over-the-top messes raise suspicions about him being Santa Claus. He also seems to be making notes about the kids’ behavior.

Fun, interesting, not scary at all.
Miri
Feb 24, 2015 Miri rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
The new janitor couldn't really be Santa Claus just because he keeps it so cold in the school and seems to know who is naughty and who is nice, could he?
Micaela Semien
Aug 29, 2014 Micaela Semien rated it it was amazing
I liked reading this during the Christmas season, thesd series were so good! I could not put this book down.
Iah
Dec 29, 2016 Iah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I've read a few Bailey School Kids books before when I was in grade school. They were a fun read but I never got really into them. I mean, I'd read them if they were there, but it's not exactly the first thing I would go for.

Two stars because the ending was cliched and the story didn't have much development. But then again, I'm too old to be reading these books anyway. I'm sure kids of the appropriate age would very much enjoy this book.
Briaughna Ashley
Dec 07, 2016 Briaughna Ashley rated it it was amazing
These books would be useful for trade in the classroom, and they would help students to look at the world in a more unusual way. The whimsical nature of these books have a way of drawing students in by making all sorts of mythical figures and legend seem as if they may live next door.
Margretchin (Author)
Feb 27, 2016 Margretchin (Author) rated it really liked it
I took one star of because the book is riddled with GOT. I've has enough of your shenanigans! The janitor screamed. Which one of you midgets rubbed peanut butter on the railings? Mr. Dobson smiled like a lunatic. I quit!
Mrs. Jeepers green broach began to glow.
Everyone was tired of cleaning. It had been a week since Mr. Dobson quit.
I hate Christmas! Eddie yelled. Christmas is for sissies. Sissies! A voice boomed. Hello, class. I would like you to meet Mr. Jolly. He will be our new janitor. mr
Christine
Feb 11, 2013 Christine rated it really liked it
I have a kindergarten and 1st grader I am reading the series too, unfortunatly I started on book three instead of one. However you don't need to start on book one to understand the story, which is a plus. The content was easy enough for the kids to remember, I would ask them questions before reading the next night and during our reading time. It was creative and enjoyable. I appreciated that the true and final answer, although obvious to me, was never out right stated. This caused my children to ...more
Catherine Woodman
Jul 29, 2011 Catherine Woodman rated it liked it
The Bailey School Kids is a best-selling children's book series by Marcia Thornton Jones and Debbie Dadey. Its main characters are a group of four children (Eddie, Howie, Liza, Melody) who suspect some persons in the stories are popular folk lore or fairy tale characters. They are appealing because they mix a familiar story in with this group of kids. Mid-grammar school
Mustang
May 24, 2012 Mustang rated it it was amazing
It is true that santa cclause doesn't mop floors.His elf is a worker that builds the play ground.The Elf must be smart to know how to build a play ground.I love this book. If I owned this book I would give this book to a second grader.-DJ
Kena jar
Mar 02, 2012 Kena jar rated it liked it
Shelves: done-reading
This was a good book its about the kids (that go to bailey school)and meet santa even though they dont know its him.They do bad stuff because they thought he would quite but he alway rights in his notebook and they dont know what is going on.Please comment on what you say about this book!
Molly
Nov 11, 2012 Molly added it
A silly series that creates more questions than it answers. It's great for formulating theories as well as predictions. The class dynamics should be very familiar to those of the Magic School Bus generation.
Logan
Mar 07, 2015 Logan rated it really liked it
Read these all in while I was in middle school and loved them, giving them a 3.5-4.0 for my past 12 year old self.
Pamela Tracy
Jan 15, 2016 Pamela Tracy rated it liked it
Shelves: mike-s
It kept my son's interest (we read aloud together)
The ending was rushed. I wanted to know what made Eddie's father suddenly like Christmas.
Shawna Brooks
Shawna Brooks rated it it was ok
Apr 07, 2014
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2014
Jannea
Jannea rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2013
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2012
Wen
Wen rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2014
Teisha Greer
Teisha Greer rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Saisha
Saisha rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2010
Bentley Altman
Bentley Altman rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2013
Ashley
Ashley rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2014
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2012
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2008
Adrienne
Adrienne rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2012
  • Reindeer Do Wear Striped Underwear (The Bailey School Kids Jr. Chapter Book, #2)
  • The Guide Dog Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #53)
  • Cam Jansen and the Summer Camp Mysteries: A Super Special
  • The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Pressure
  • Flat Stanley and the Haunted House
  • The Pagemaster
  • Horrible Harry and the Green Slime (Horrible Harry, #2)
  • Arthur Goes to Camp (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Dig, Dogs, Dig: A Construction Tail
  • The Story of the Nutcracker Ballet
  • Mayflower Treasure Hunt (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #2)
  • Day of the Dragon King (Magic Tree House, #14)
  • The Decision (Animorphs, #18)
  • Amelia's Boredom Survival Guide (Amelia's Notebooks, #5)
  • The Littles And The Trash Tinies
Debbie Dadey is the author and co-author of 162 books for children, including the Mermaid Tales series from Simon and Schuster and the beloved Adventures of The Bailey School Kids from Scholastic. Ms. Dadey is a former teacher and librarian. Please like her at Facebook.com/debbiedadey.
More about Debbie Dadey...

The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids (1 - 10 of 51 books)
  • Vampires Don't Wear Polka Dots (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #1)
  • Werewolves Don't Go to Summer Camp (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #2)
  • Leprechauns Don't Play Basketball (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #4)
  • Ghosts Don't Eat Potato Chips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #5)
  • Frankenstein Doesn't Plant Petunias (The Adventures Of The Bailey School Kids, #6)
  • Aliens Don't Wear Braces (Bailey School Kids #7)
  • Genies Don't Ride Bicycles (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #8)
  • Pirates Don't Wear Pink Sunglasses (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #9)
  • Witches Don't Do Backflips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #10)
  • Skeletons Don't Play Tubas (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #11)