Start by marking “Santa Claus Doesn't Mop Floors (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #3)” as Want to Read:
Santa Claus Doesn't Mop Floors (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #3)

Santa Claus Doesn't Mop Floors (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids #3)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  929 ratings  ·  35 reviews
A classic Bailey School Kids adventure is back with a new cover art just in time for the holidays! The fresh look of this long-time favorite makes it the perfect gift this season.

There have always been some pretty weird grown ups in Bailey City, but the new custodian at the Bailey School is one of a kind. When he appears out of nowhere just before Christmas to help out at
Published October 1st 1991 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Santa Claus Doesn't Mop Floors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Santa Claus Doesn't Mop Floors

Dolly
Jan 07, 2013 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the 3rd book in The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids series by Debbie Dadey, Marcia Thornton Jones and John Steven Gurney.

This story centers on a new school janitor who looks a lot like Santa Claus. It also discusses the topic of believing and not believing in Santa and Christmas, so I would warn parents that if they don't want to bring up the fact that many schoolchildren at this age doubt the existence of Santa, this book may not be for you. Our girls have been questioning the jol
Christine
I have a kindergarten and 1st grader I am reading the series too, unfortunatly I started on book three instead of one. However you don't need to start on book one to understand the story, which is a plus. The content was easy enough for the kids to remember, I would ask them questions before reading the next night and during our reading time. It was creative and enjoyable. I appreciated that the true and final answer, although obvious to me, was never out right stated. This caused my children to ...more
Micaela Semien
I liked reading this during the Christmas season, thesd series were so good! I could not put this book down.
Seth
Mr. Jolly makes it so cold! Eddie creamed the wall! Mr. Jolly makes it clean so fast!
Carly Christensen
Santa Claus mops floors really really fast, so that made this book fun.
Jasper Kyle
pretty good I liked Eli,Santa's elf.
PWRL
Jun 25, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014-new
A
Kimberly
The collection of "The adventures of the Bailey School Kids" stories are among my all-time favorite children's books. Witty, mischievous and fun, these short and silly books continue to bring giggles to the young and old. Just as I have enjoyed them as a kid, my own children also love them today. I even catch myself re-reading them (alone) from time to time. What can I say? I guess I'll always be a BSK kid at heart.
Jerome
Another fun addition to the series. Mr. Jolly is the new janitor, and his Santa-esque appearance, fondness of cold weather, and seemingly magical ability to clean up Eddie’s over-the-top messes raise suspicions about him being Santa Claus. He also seems to be making notes about the kids’ behavior.

Fun, interesting, not scary at all.
Catherine Woodman
The Bailey School Kids is a best-selling children's book series by Marcia Thornton Jones and Debbie Dadey. Its main characters are a group of four children (Eddie, Howie, Liza, Melody) who suspect some persons in the stories are popular folk lore or fairy tale characters. They are appealing because they mix a familiar story in with this group of kids. Mid-grammar school
Toni Aaron
So Santa comes to Bailey School. He starts out right off the bat by getting on my bad side. He smokes his pipe in the school! What ridiculous rules do they have in this school.

Eddie gets big old Santa Clause to come and solve his lack of christmas spirit how wonderful for him. The rest of us go on blind faith and general good cheer. Well congrats to you sir Eddie.
Kena jar
This was a good book its about the kids (that go to bailey school)and meet santa even though they dont know its him.They do bad stuff because they thought he would quite but he alway rights in his notebook and they dont know what is going on.Please comment on what you say about this book!
Mustang
It is true that santa cclause doesn't mop floors.His elf is a worker that builds the play ground.The Elf must be smart to know how to build a play ground.I love this book. If I owned this book I would give this book to a second grader.-DJ
J.
Santa Claus Doesn't Mop Floors... Or Does He?

This third installment into the Bailey School Kids series is filled with elementary school holiday time nostalgia that children (and children at heart) will enjoy.
Molly
Nov 11, 2012 Molly added it
A silly series that creates more questions than it answers. It's great for formulating theories as well as predictions. The class dynamics should be very familiar to those of the Magic School Bus generation.
Miri
The new janitor couldn't really be Santa Claus just because he keeps it so cold in the school and seems to know who is naughty and who is nice, could he?
Logan
Read these all in while I was in middle school and loved them, giving them a 3.5-4.0 for my past 12 year old self.
Harry.yang
aaahhhhhhhhhh!!! why does santa have to mop floors?! he could help me mop my foors at least...
Maggie
The Bailey School Kids always jump to conclusions! This made me excited for Christmas to come!
Ashley
Don't remember much about this one, but I remember that I liked this series when I was a kid.
Casey
I used to love those books. I got this one for the 12 days of christmas present.
Elaine Hebert
I like the book because I like Christmas and sant clause is about Christmas
Annie
it was a grat funny thing when santa claus doesn't have elves to do everything
Stephanie
i know its a kids book but stupid ending. it was like ...and the end.
Renee
Great christmas fun..i always knew santa was a weirdy!
Adrian
really nice and funny book..try reading it..
Addison
Did you know Santa Claus isn't just kids stuff?
Olivia
santa do not mop floors but build toys.
Sanjana
This is my fav book by Debbie Dadey
Beckie
Read this with my son; it was cute.
  • The Guide Dog Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #53)
  • Reindeer Do Wear Striped Underwear (The Bailey School Kids Jr. Chapter Book, #2)
  • The Littles And The Trash Tinies
  • The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #2)
  • Amelia Writes Again (Amelia's Notebooks, #2)
  • Horrible Harry and the Green Slime
  • Day of the Dragon King (Magic Tree House, #14)
  • The Berenstain Bears Don't Pollute (Anymore)
  • Stop That Hamster! (Ready, Freddy!, #12)
  • Help! I'm Trapped In Obedience School
  • Nate the Great and the Phony Clue
  • Arthur Goes to Camp (Arthur Adventure Series)
Debbie Dadey is the author and co-author of 162 books for children, including the Mermaid Tales series from Simon and Schuster and the beloved Adventures of The Bailey School Kids from Scholastic. Ms. Dadey is a former teacher and librarian. Please like her at Facebook.com/debbiedadey.
More about Debbie Dadey...

The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids (1 - 10 of 51 books)
  • Vampires Don't Wear Polka Dots (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #1)
  • Werewolves Don't Go to Summer Camp (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #2)
  • Leprechauns Don't Play Basketball (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #4)
  • Ghosts Don't Eat Potato Chips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #5)
  • Frankenstein Doesn't Plant Petunias (The Adventures Of The Bailey School Kids, #6)
  • Aliens Don't Wear Braces (Bailey School Kids #7)
  • Genies Don't Ride Bicycles (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #8)
  • Pirates Don't Wear Pink Sunglasses (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #9)
  • Witches Don't Do Backflips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #10)
  • Skeletons Don't Play Tubas (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #11)
Vampires Don't Wear Polka Dots (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #1) Werewolves Don't Go to Summer Camp (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #2) Leprechauns Don't Play Basketball (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #4) Cupid Doesn't Flip Hamburgers (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #12) Dracula Doesn't Drink Lemonade (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #16)